Windows 10: Overheat

Discus and support Overheat in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am almost the proud owner on an HP 24g-018 "All in One' PC. I am streaming TV thru it for 8+ hours a day. It at times overheats and shuts down and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AFTommy, Feb 23, 2018.

1. AFTommy Win User

Overheat

I am almost the proud owner on an HP 24g-018 "All in One' PC. I am streaming TV thru it for 8+ hours a day. It at times overheats and shuts down and then it is an absolute P-I-T-A (pain the back pockets) to get started again even after leaving it shutdown for six or more hours. I have cleaned the vents, air dusted the mobo and p/s, all fans were cleaned and condition still persists. I downloaded CPUID Hardware monitor to check the CPU temp. It says that the AMD A8-7410 w/Radeon R5 Graphics should be running between 81 and 99 degrees Centigrade. I am running at 95-98 degrees Centigrade. AMD recommends 90 degrees Centigrade.
    One person I spoke with told me AMD chips run HOT. I knew that was true 15 years ago but not any longer. One web site (while Googling my problem) recommended I update the BIOS. I am old school and that is territory I have always shied away from. Besides I don't see a BIOS update on AMD's site.
    Any suggestions friends?

:)

AFTommy, Feb 23, 2018

2. Updating windows 8 to 10 my laptop will overheat or not?

OT: Overheat issue.

Updating windows 8 to 10 my laptop will overheat or not? If will overheat, why?

RendellSibal, Feb 23, 2018
  3. overheat

Sir please tell me solution overheating pf Lumia 540 after ten days of buy

jiveshsoni, Feb 23, 2018
  4. Overheat

Next time see in Task manager if something grabs a large amount of CPU usage. Adding new thermal paste under the hood is probably the best thing to do.

AND A8 is about 4-5 years old. Try streaming with VLC or with another browser. Firefox x64 does not overheat for 6 hours of streaming.

See this link, you can look the video and read the tips below.

3 Easy Ways to Apply Thermal Paste (with Pictures)

MikeMecanic, Feb 23, 2018
  5. Hi,
    You can use coretemp to see what the tj max is and monitor the temperatures getting close to tj max will auto shutdown.
    Any bios updates would come from HP.
    Download Core Temp - MajorGeeks

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Overheat

1. Overheat - Similar Threads - Overheat

2. my laptop overheat after installing Security update for windows KB5034763

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop overheat after installing Security update for windows KB5034763: My laptop overheat after installing Security update for windows KB5034763The fan goes on and off every 2 seconds for hours, its driving me mad. I can't be anything else then the update, my laptop went from super silent to absolutely annoying in 1 day.I replaced the thermal...
  3. my laptop overheat after installing Security update for windows KB5034763

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop overheat after installing Security update for windows KB5034763: My laptop overheat after installing Security update for windows KB5034763The fan goes on and off every 2 seconds for hours, its driving me mad. I can't be anything else then the update, my laptop went from super silent to absolutely annoying in 1 day.I replaced the thermal...
  4. my laptop overheat after installing Security update for windows KB5034763

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC Random Restart - NO BSOD - No Overheat _ No MAX CPU or MAX Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Random Restart - NO BSOD - No Overheat _ No MAX CPU or MAX Memory: Hello All,I am hoping you can assist with something that has been plaguing me for the last few weeks.I have a Laptop see specs below that keeps rebooting, seemingly at random with no BSOD. I have it set to not automatically reboot, so that I should be getting a crash warning...
  6. PC Random Restart - NO BSOD - No Overheat _ No MAX CPU or MAX Memory

PC Random Restart - NO BSOD - No Overheat _ No MAX CPU or MAX Memory: Hello All,I am hoping you can assist with something that has been plaguing me for the last few weeks.I have a Laptop see specs below that keeps rebooting, seemingly at random with no BSOD. I have it set to not automatically reboot, so that I should be getting a crash warning...
  7. PC Random Restart - NO BSOD - No Overheat _ No MAX CPU or MAX Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. laptop slows down and overheats after ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop slows down and overheats after ram upgrade: hello i have the lenovo L340 i5 rh which has 8gb of ram i upgraded it to 16gb now my laptop overheats all games run at insanely low fps the drivers are updatedim running windows 11...
  9. laptop slows down and overheats after ram upgrade

laptop slows down and overheats after ram upgrade: hello i have the lenovo L340 i5 rh which has 8gb of ram i upgraded it to 16gb now my laptop overheats all games run at insanely low fps the drivers are updatedim running windows 11...
  10. Laptop is running VERY slow, lags always, OVERHEATS 24/7 when developing/gaming, keeps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is running VERY slow, lags always, OVERHEATS 24/7 when developing/gaming, keeps...: So I bought my laptop 2 years ago. It was a 1500+ dollar laptop brand new with a Nvidia RTX Graphics Card and it is supposed to be very good and was very good until everyday it kept getting slower and slower. Now its gotten to the point where I can barely play games like...