Windows 10: P7P55D-E Pro - What drivers?

Discus and support P7P55D-E Pro - What drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am wondering what drivers i should use for this motherboard. I have been using Windows default, i think, as Intel Chipset doesn't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zerowalker, Feb 12, 2016.

1. P7P55D-E Pro - What drivers?

Hi,

I am wondering what drivers i should use for this motherboard.

I have been using Windows default, i think, as Intel Chipset doesn't seem to really install anything, or if it does the date is off.
    Cause when i look at the drivers the version was something like 10.x.xx.xx, but the date was 2006.
    I know installed the latest "Real" driver i could fine which is 9.1.1.1022, had to manually install some of the drivers.
    Now the date is 2009 but the version is of course lower.

So i am a bit confused to what i should use*Sad

:)

zerowalker, Feb 12, 2016

2. Drivers for windows 10 p7p55d-e lx?

I was looking for the chipset of p7p55d-e lx without results

could you help me?

AlexandroLlano, Feb 12, 2016
  3. Linney Win User
    windows 10 screen turn on problem

Are there any "Wake" options listed in any Bios? Is there any available Bios update from your OEM?

Asus P7P55D-E How do I update the Bios?

Asus P7P55D-E How do I update the Bios?

Linney, Feb 12, 2016
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

P7P55D-E Pro - What drivers?

With an older motherboard like that one, you would probably want to use the NEWER driver, including the MS driver, than an older driver made for OS before 10.

Asus does not offer any new drivers for Windows 10 or Windows 8 & 8.1:
    _

P7P55D-E Pro - What drivers? [​IMG]

_
    They stopped making drivers for this motherboard at Windows 7:
    _

_
    If there are any devices left without a generic Windows driver after installation then you can use the Windows 7 drivers. I would suggest you install these in Compatibility Mode:
    Compatibility Mode Settings for Apps - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

The Chipset driver is a good one to install from Asus, but if Windows has already installed a current or updated chipset driver for that motherboard the Asus installer will just stop without notice.

Other than that then you could just wait to see if any drivers are offered through Windows Update as you use the PC.

5. Problem is i forced installed all the older ones so now i don't know how to make the new generic one install;(

EDIT:

Oh wait, the older dates drivers aren't generic.
    It was actually from an Intel Chipset installer,
    no idea where i found it though, downloaded it sometime when i got W10.

10:28 AM, or maybe not, it came after i installed som intel thing, but it says "Microsoft" on the driver,
    and the version seems to be the OS version or something.

EDIT 2:

I also had a BSOD it seems as my PC restarted last night.

Added the report.
    Cause not sure if it was caused by a driver or not.
    I seem to have BSOD from time to time, and i think it's the new GPU it's complicated*Tongue

zerowalker, Feb 14, 2016
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    How to post screenshots:
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

First, make sure you have Automatic Device Driver Installation enabled:
    Device Driver Automatic Installation - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Then, you can go to Device Manager and one at a time, uninstall a device and let it be reinstalled automatically.
    • Go to Start > Settings icon on left > Devices > Printers (scroll to bottom) > Device Manager
    • Select the first device you want to change > right click > and choose Uninstall (notice you can also try and update the driver here)
    • If you are asked to delete the driver also, say yes > then restart the computer.

Normally the device will be reinstalled and working on restart. It will either have a generic Windows 10 driver, or if you were unable to remove the old driver it will have the same driver installed again (we can save those problems for later).
    Sometimes you will restart and the device will not be working and there will be a yellow ! next to it. For these you must manually install the driver. This is where you can install the Windows 7 driver in Compatibility Mode if you want.

For the blue screen stop, you should post the problem in the BSOD forum in 10 Forums - follow the posting instructions - and the guys that can read dumps can usually pinpoint what device or driver is the cause of the problem.
    If you get an answer, post it (or link to it) here.

7. Oh thanks activated that*Smile

It seems that Updating my now installed drivers aren't working, it says latest (though the one displayed there isn't the same weirdly enough).

something like "PCI-to-PCI Bridge" but the one installed is "Intel(R) 5-Series blabla".

Will post on BSOD if it occurs again, thanks*Smile

zerowalker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

P7P55D-E Pro - What drivers?

1. P7P55D-E Pro - What drivers? - Similar Threads - P7P55D Pro drivers

2. what is microsoft e-book?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is microsoft e-book?: I have been charged annually for an e-book subscription. What is this and how does it work? I don't know what I'm paying for??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-microsoft-e-book/0f3defd5-d088-4a81-8339-fcca387a116a
  3. what is microsoft e-book?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is microsoft e-book?: I have been charged annually for an e-book subscription. What is this and how does it work? I don't know what I'm paying for??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-microsoft-e-book/0f3defd5-d088-4a81-8339-fcca387a116a
  4. What is this drive E:?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is this drive E:?: I have a DELL T1700 which I purchased refurbished 7 years ago. I had the seller replace the hard drive with an SSD solid state drive. There is a drive E: which file Explorer signifies as unformatted. In [Computer Management] [Storage] [Disk Management] [shrink volume] shows...
  5. asus p7p55d-evo sound driver

asus p7p55d-evo sound driver: i have win version 2004 but since i have updated to win10 my sound driver just works as 2.0 not 5.1? Sounds like not compatibility with win10 Can somenone check this or relase a generic fix...
  6. P7P55D-E LX Asus Motherboard's VIA HD Audio issues after upgrading

P7P55D-E LX Asus Motherboard's VIA HD Audio issues after upgrading: Recently went from 7 to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. version 1909 (18363.592) My audio still works, but sometimes it stutters a bit if I'm doing certain things. (For instance if I'm listening to music and open up the personalise window, it will stall and then maybe give an error...
  7. P7P55D-E LX Asus Motherboard's VIA HD Audio issues after upgrading

P7P55D-E LX Asus Motherboard's VIA HD Audio issues after upgrading: Recently went from 7 to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. version 1909 (18363.592) My audio still works, but sometimes it stutters a bit if I'm doing certain things. (For instance if I'm listening to music and open up the personalise window, it will stall and then maybe give an error...
  8. What is drive e on Windows 10

What is drive e on Windows 10: My c drive is 80% full. I have another expansion drive now but Windows 10 is telling me that my drive e is almost full. I get a popup message in the bottom right hand corner of my screen which is annoying when watching videos. Can I block the message or find a way of freeing...
  9. SATA3 HD on ASUS P7P55D-E Rev 1 MB

SATA3 HD on ASUS P7P55D-E Rev 1 MB: I plan on replacing a older SATA WD HD. Will a SATA3 HD function on this ASUS P7P55D-E Rev 1 motherboard? Thanks for a response. Keith 89737
  10. Looking for LAN drivers for Asus P7P55D-E Pro MOBO Windows 10 Compatib

Looking for LAN drivers for Asus P7P55D-E Pro MOBO Windows 10 Compatib: Hello all, I recently did the upgrade to 10 when they sent it to me. However I didn't really get to use it because there apparently is/was no drivers for the LAN adapter on my MOBO. Still haven't been able to find them. Asus said they where working on it, but haven't heard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. p7p55d pro windows 10

2. asus p7p55d pro windows 10 2004