Windows 10: pacific assault free

Discus and support pacific assault free in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Its an old classic , MOH Pacific Assault is free on Origin at the moment worth a look its free after all , i loved it back in the day not sure how ill... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Archie123, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Archie123 Win User

pacific assault free

Its an old classic , MOH Pacific Assault is free on Origin at the moment worth a look its free after all , i loved it back in the day not sure how ill feel about it now waiting on the download . They dont stay up fopr long so be quick if you want it

:)

Archie123, Mar 23, 2016

2. Unable to play medal of honor allied assault on Windows 10

Original Title[medal of honor allied assault ]

Medal of honor allied assault will not play on windows 10 but pacific assault will. I have tried patches - updates etc. still will not work. Any answers out there? Thanks for any suggestions!

timwells_887, Mar 23, 2016
  3. Will Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault work with Windows 10?

thanks for tips. believe issue is solved, windows updated everything when I had to turn PC off at back of machine to eliminate some unnecessary wiring, upon restart it did all.

robertstodgell, Mar 23, 2016
  4. Zvark3 Win User

pacific assault free

Thanks for telling everyone I will go check it out *Smile

Zvark3, Mar 24, 2016
  5. Previously I had the Metal Of Honor: Allied Assault version on XP but could no longer run it on the 32bit Vista Home Premium and later found it would only run on the 32bit 7 beta not 64bit Windows however. If the Pacific Assault wasn't updated for Vista/ 7 you could see why it would be at this time as XP is long gone now with Vista soon to lose all extended support. The game was written mainly for XP however.

Night Hawk, Mar 24, 2016
  6. Archie123 Win User
    Works ok on win 10 getting it to 1440p 144hz however is a challenge *Smile

Archie123, Mar 24, 2016
  7. I think what you have is a later release that was Vista/7 compatible in order for it to be able to even install on 10! The first few releases however were bound to XP having only been written for the old version there and even in compatibility mode nothing could get Allied Assault to go on Vista while it saw no problem on the 32bit 7! I suspect the lack of Fat support in Vista as well as MS making 7 to be a bit more backward compatible to XP as well as Vista that was seen as well as the return for support for Fat since all the new flash drives, digital cameras, cell-smart phones, etc. were still using Fat32.

I never even got to finish AA since it was right when Vista was coming up I had picked up the game and never did set up an XP dual boot back then! The second drive was storage on the Vista build that was new at the time while a previous XP case saw a second 98SE drive until a new board put an end to that dual boot! *Eek*Sad Some much for Legacy there at the time! I ended up seeing a 98 VM along with the XP mode even with Vista on a VM while 7 was new but also added more drives in to run both the 32bit and 64bit 7 builds.

Night Hawk, Mar 24, 2016
  8. pacific assault free

-I did download(it's small) and it's a challenge but it 'feels' dated; graphics seem 2008-ish. Plays fine Win 10 64 bit.

DaveGrant01, Mar 25, 2016
  9. It was likely taking the 64bit Vista into account when first new back in the 2007-08 time frame. Since it was made 64bit friendly while still being generally a 32bit app the 32bit emulation is working out. For the other I mentioned it was obvious the older version there was written with only XP in mind.

The other old games here were 98-XP compatible being more open platform Fat16, Fat32, NTFS, 64bit friendly even due to the lack of specific version only coding. That's what you are seeing there. Should give that a try here since the older version flopped! *Smile

I found it was also available on some other sites including en-sonic and an old games site that carries a mountain of most of the older now 10+yrs. old pc games going from 2004 for Pacific Assault and other games in various categories as well. Many are not so likely to be able to run on the 64bit side of 10 however depending on how they were written. They are now free however since they are often too old to even see their media in software recycle type stores. Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault Download (2004 Arcade action Game)

Night Hawk, Mar 25, 2016
  10. Dude Win User
    Thanks for posting this Archie, I always like all the MOH games. Downloading now *Cool

11. Hey Dude let me know how that goes for you! I still have Allied Assault here for anyone? still running XP? *Eek*Biggrin They can have it! Now to see where did I stick that old cd anyways???

Night Hawk, Mar 26, 2016
  12. Dude Win User
    It plays fine, I used to have it and Allied Assault. I gave MOH AA to my son a few years back, if you don't want it. I can load it in a VM an re-live the good old days *Cool

13. pacific assault free

I was thinking the XP mode or for a test here while I wouldn't have any use for the disk here. Just have to find the original box and manual that goes with it. I couldn't say for say if you would even be able to get it running on an XP vm while I suspect better results on the XP mode being run on VMware would be the thought due to the game requirements.

Here I also manage to keep another pair of oldies going as well one being run off the game cd itself while the other sees a full stand alone install to the main drive. Soldier of Fortune II and Return to CastleWolfenstein. The sequel Wolfenstein is found at Steam as well as Duke Nukem Forever being some popular Legacy to XP titles. Personally it's too bad everything new ends up on Steam where you no longer see the stand alone options for many of the sequels for the better ones! *Confused

Night Hawk, Mar 27, 2016
  14. Archie123 Win User
    I bought my first gaming pc in 2001 (gaming pc is stretching it a bit it was a pre built from pc world) amd.the forst online game I played was medal of honour then cod back when bolt action rifles ruled maps were simple and you couldn't fly . And most of us were on dialup woth pings of over 200 . Got into a clan called EUMC then went on to form our own Team Mashed which is still going . I know us older gen always bang on about how the games were better bit they really were everything is too complicated nowadays *Wink

Archie123, Mar 27, 2016
  15. Not actually! The hardware requirements went up a bit as expected. But I still run a few of those oldies here! How about an 8bit dos game? DOSBox emulation there. Pinball Wizard at the root of C on 10. Duke3D emulator for the classic Duke3D dos/9x title. And then you toss in a few from 2001 RTCW and SOF II. SOF I Strictly gone now! That had been 98-XP and won't run on any Legacy VM project or the XP Mode even.

Night Hawk, Mar 27, 2016
Thema:

pacific assault free

1. pacific assault free - Similar Threads - pacific assault free

2. time keeps changing to pacific time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    time keeps changing to pacific time.: I live in australia and my clock keeps changing to Pacific time, US and Canada. It doesn't let me change it even if I try. syncing does nothing. Please help!...
  3. PC Stuck on Pacific Time

PC Stuck on Pacific Time: My Windows 10 PC is stuck on Pacific Time UTC -08:00, however, I am in Southeast Asia UTC +07:00. When "Set Timezone Automatically" is turned on it goes to Pacific Time. When I try to change my timezone manually in the settings menu, it will say I am on Southeast Asia Time,...
  4. Time zone resets to Pacific automatically

Time zone resets to Pacific automatically: I am unable to change my time zone via the Windows Settings tool. Every time I select the dropdown window for changing the time zone, it opens and allows me to select my new time zone, but does not update or change anything. I am able to manually modify my time but not my...
  5. medal of honor south pacific

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    medal of honor south pacific: why wont it run in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/medal-of-honor-south-pacific/cd4e42cd-860c-4193-b8d1-230c55f34771
  6. Windows 10 resetting to Pacific Time

Windows 10 resetting to Pacific Time: I have a Windows 10 PC. Every time I reboot it, it automatically resets to Pacific Time. I am Central Time. Even when I manually change the time zone to Central, and close out the settings window, it automatically changes. EVen when I manually change the time zone, then reset...
  7. Battlestations Pacific will not work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battlestations Pacific will not work on Windows 10: I bought the download version of Battlestations bundle and the Midway will work but not the sequel. I would like some help because I don't want to download malware or viruses on my computer because I'm trying other sketchy sites and downloads....
  8. Glory of Generals: Pacific War game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Glory of Generals: Pacific War game: Please explain to me why this game has gone back to as if I have never played a game on it. I have lost all my history and I have paid you money, which I now want refunded. This is the second time this has happened and it's not acceptable. I want this problem rectified asap...
  9. Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault Free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault Free: Origin 87031
  10. Microsoft's Project Spartan is being armed for assault in the browser.

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's Project Spartan is being armed for assault in the browser.: With Project Spartan, Microsoft is building a new, modern browser for all Windows 10 devices: PCs, tablets and phones. Although the new rendering engine (Edge) has been forked from the one in Internet Explorer 11 (Trident), it has rapidly diverged from it, and now works well...