Windows 10: Page Fault- totally random times

Discus and support Page Fault- totally random times in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been battling a BSOD.. mostly Page Fault in a non-paged area. Sometimes critical Process Died... maybe a few others.. Complete random times. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hitman4274, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Page Fault- totally random times

I've been battling a BSOD.. mostly Page Fault in a non-paged area. Sometimes critical Process Died... maybe a few others.. Complete random times. The pc is about 5 months old, check the specs down below. In my googlefoo of dealing with this Page Fault tends to point to hardware faults with ram or power supply is always suspect.
    So I replaced the power supply. Same thing immediately. Return Power supply so I could buy the only ram they had. PNY 16gb 2400Mhz. Same thing happens. I've rebuilt and checked all connections multiple times, loaded Windows up to a different ssd(same usb installer).. same thing..moved the gpu around to a slower slot.. switched the ram slots.. new to building computers and making sure I had everything connected properly, which everything is. With further help from google I have landed here, hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Using BSOD viewer it pointed to the windows 10 kernel... which might point to a driver going crazy is how I understand it. Hardware wise I'm at the point of blaming the motherboard.

Specs:
    Intel i5 6600k
    Pny 120gb ssd for OS(original)
    Kingston 240GB ssd(ssd test)
    Asrock k6 motherboard
    16gb PNY DDR4 2400- (brand new)
    8gb Patriot Viper DDR4-2133

Attached the DM Log File, will be adding more as they become available.

:)

hitman4274, Jan 20, 2017

2. computer shutting down at random times

using windows 10.

my computer will shut down own it's own at random times. most of the time I have to turn off the power before I can reboot

these are the messages I cot this time it did it

stop code: page fault in non page area

what failed: win32kbase.sys

DanielWest1, Jan 20, 2017
  3. Random BSOD error with Page fault in nonpage Area

I have tried the solution but actually the blue screen has already popped up before restarting

EdwardChing_930, Jan 20, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Page Fault- totally random times

No dump in the zip file you uploaded.

Event viewer log shows this:
    Code: Event[3050]: Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 2017-01-20T01:05:09.283 Event ID: 46 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-PHNJPSD Description: Crash dump initialization failed![/quote] Please make sure your PC is configured for small dump files:

How to Configure Windows 10 to Create Dump Files on BSOD

If you are running a disk cleaner like CCleaner, please don't use it again until this problem is resolved as it deletes mini-dumps.

I see you use MBAM (Malware Bytes Anti-malware). It shows a lot of activity right around the time unexpected shutdowns are occuring. May not be related but for now, please uninstall MBAM, see if that helps.

Ztruker, Jan 20, 2017
  5. Huh.. Minidumps should be there already set up.. On the plus side once I get it to boot and upload there should be more of them.. I'm honestly pointing my finger st dimm slots.. Not that they aren't working.. Just not correctly.. But let me get some logs up.

hitman4274, Jan 20, 2017
  6. here is some more dumps

hitman4274, Jan 20, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    The 1/20/2017 9:12PM dump indicates a problem with Malware Bytes anti-malware:
    Code: ffffba81`1bf47180 fffff80b`54468690*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for MBAMChameleon.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MBAMChameleon.sys MBAMChameleon+0x8690 ffffba81`1bf47188 fffff80b`54461703 MBAMChameleon+0x1703[/quote] Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-malware, see if that resolves the problem. If it does, you can try dopw nloading and installing the latest version to see if it works.

Ztruker, Jan 22, 2017
  8. Page Fault- totally random times

Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-malware, see if that resolves the problem. If it does, you can try dopw nloading and installing the latest version to see if it works.[/quote] I have Uninstalled it.. Haven't been able to boot up to grab more dumps.. I have reinstalled windows with a fresh format multiple times.. I can pretty much guarantee malwarebytes isn't causing the problem.

hitman4274, Jan 22, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    MBAM may not be the only problem but it was a problem. We need to squash them one at a time as they show up I guess.

Any more dumps to look at since the 20th?

Ztruker, Jan 24, 2017
  10. I'm replacing hardware.. Ordered a new motherboard.. Processor is next.. Of course it was a problem was from an old ninite install.. I just ignored all updates and everything when it worked to grab logs once I had logs I Uninstalled it.. That windows is now gone and has been replaced with a fresh install of windows.. Same problems occur with no Internet connection.. No extra drivers.. No extra drives.. Every combination of ram I could do.. If motherboard doesn't work.. Going to replace processor.. If problem persists.. Etc etc.. Lol

hitman4274, Jan 24, 2017
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Painful for sure. Good luck.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Page Fault- totally random times

1. Page Fault- totally random times - Similar Threads - Page Fault totally

2. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Page Fault: Hi support,I have been getting a regular BSOD Page fault for a month now. I have updated NVIDIA drivers , AMD chipset drivers and removed things that were installed just before the fault started happening. I have done memory checks and error checking with no faults apparent....
  3. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Page Fault: Hi support,I have been getting a regular BSOD Page fault for a month now. I have updated NVIDIA drivers , AMD chipset drivers and removed things that were installed just before the fault started happening. I have done memory checks and error checking with no faults apparent....
  4. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Totally random, but are there like pop-ups on the microsoft account page?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Totally random, but are there like pop-ups on the microsoft account page?: Just like the title says but let me explain a little more. I noticed out of the corner of my eye, as I was about to change to a different page on my account there was a text box that appeared on the lower right side of the monitor. I couldn't really see what it was since went...
  6. Page Fault in non paged area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page Fault in non paged area: Started 2 weeks ago whenever a wordpad doc was opened. Pre-display was ok but opening gave Blue Screen.Now having same failure whenever I try to change cell format in any LibreOffice spreadsheet. Have done a system restore back 2 weeks but still fails....
  7. Page Fault

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Page Fault: Crash Dump AnalysisCrash dumps are enabled on your computer. This system is not configured for complete or automatic crash dumps. For best results, configure your system to write out complete or automatic crash dumps. Select Tools->Crash Dump Configuration from the main menu...
  8. page fault in non paged area

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    page fault in non paged area: so, for a while now, like 2/3 months i have been getting the blue screen with PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA, without any other info. i tried to read the dump file but i cant understand almost nothing. whatever it is i know it might has to do with ene.sys i really dont want...
  9. BSOD with PAGE FAULT Random when gaming

BSOD with PAGE FAULT Random when gaming: I get random bsod when playing games etc or browsing internet. I tried SFC DISM no way to restore windows to previous versions - grayed out I am 1909 VERSION 16GB RAM 2700X AMD RYZEN RTX 2070 SUPERGAMING OC X470 Asrock Master Sli no AV software installled just...
  10. Random BSOD's, Page Fault Errors

Random BSOD's, Page Fault Errors: Hi, I am getting random BSOD's recently due to ntoskrnl.exe. The error I get is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I do not know what is causing the random BSOD's and it is very annoying. Also, when ever I start my laptop and open chrome; after a 1minute, my wifi disconnects...