Windows 10: Page File After Just Upgrading to 16gb of ram

Discus and support Page File After Just Upgrading to 16gb of ram in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; HI All Had a few questions, right now the page file is system managed on my C:\ SSD drive, just recently upgraded to 16gb of ram, is there anything I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AMDMan2016, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Page File After Just Upgrading to 16gb of ram

HI All

Had a few questions, right now the page file is system managed on my C:\ SSD drive, just recently upgraded to 16gb of ram, is there anything I need to do to optimize performance of system, and optimal page file config?

First time having 16gb of ram in any of the household systems, so just checking on things to make sure all good

https://gyazo.com/002a9397090aaa694e28b943f5d67301

Thank you all in advance

:)

AMDMan2016, Jul 14, 2018
  2. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Damocles Win User
    Page file size?

Well, I have 16GB of RAM so my page file is turned off. Less reads and writes to an SSD drive and system is faster since it's (let's say) forced to use RAM.

Damocles, Jul 14, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Page File After Just Upgrading to 16gb of ram

16GB ram - pagefile size question

I'd make it smaller, shrinking it to 1GB should give enough for the few programs that need a page file. But with 16GB of RAM, most programs shouldn't need to touch the page file.

newtekie1, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Page File After Just Upgrading to 16gb of ram

1. Page File After Just Upgrading to 16gb of ram - Similar Threads - Page File Upgrading

2. Just upgraded my RAM size from 8GB to 16GB no difference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just upgraded my RAM size from 8GB to 16GB no difference: I've just upgraded my laptop RAM size from 8GB to 16GB and so expected my gaming performance to be better but what happened that there is literally no difference, fps is the same in all games and same for system performance.Could anyone assist me with that please....
  3. Just upgraded my RAM size from 8GB to 16GB no difference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just upgraded my RAM size from 8GB to 16GB no difference: I've just upgraded my laptop RAM size from 8GB to 16GB and so expected my gaming performance to be better but what happened that there is literally no difference, fps is the same in all games and same for system performance.Could anyone assist me with that please....
  4. Just upgraded my RAM size from 8GB to 16GB no difference

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 16gb ram but only 7.93gb

16gb ram but only 7.93gb: I have a 16gb ram and windows shows 2x8 but in the control panel it shows that 16gb 7.93 usable I tried everything but it didn't work I noticed that the rest of the frame is used by HARDWARE RESERVED 8.1gb usable so the "hardware reserved" frame would be used by someone...
  6. What's the optimal page file size on a 16GB RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the optimal page file size on a 16GB RAM?: Hi! What's the optimal page file size to allocate on a 16GB RAM? I'm more into gaming and I read a lot of stuff about increasing the page file size to prevent crashes but really don't know it's functions. Some say set the minimum and maximum to 16GB but I noticed I lose those...
  7. 16Gb RAM on Ideapad?

16Gb RAM on Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  8. 16GB Ram for Ideapad?

16GB Ram for Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  9. 16GB RAM, no paging file set

16GB RAM, no paging file set: From time to time I get thrown out of an online game. COD Warfare. I have 16Gb RAM and have turned of the paging file so that everything runs in memory and is much faster. Any risk of losing data is accepted. I can only find reference to a solution that relates to...
  10. Ram upgrade cause large page file

in Windows 10 Support
    Ram upgrade cause large page file: I have a ssd, upgrade from 4 to 8gb of ram and noticed the page file got larger.. When I remove the 4gb I added then it goes back to its previous size Why is this? 124232

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what page file for 16gb

2. best page file for 16gb ram youtube

3. recommended page file size for 16gb ddr4

4. recommended size page file for 16gb ddr4