Windows 10: Page loading seems to be getting worse on all platforms...

Discus and support Page loading seems to be getting worse on all platforms... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All, Is this just me or is this getting to be a real PITA? Over the past two years (I've been using the web for a many years) I've been... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by achristo, Jul 3, 2015.

1. achristo Win User

Page loading seems to be getting worse on all platforms...

Hi All,

Is this just me or is this getting to be a real PITA?

Over the past two years (I've been using the web for a many years) I've been noticing increasing difficulty in getting pages to load quickly and without lockups/hangs. This is happening very frequently for many different types of sites. I've been using Chrome and IE (11) on Win 7 and the default browser on my Android phone (Note III) and seeing the same symptoms. Frequent hangs, requiring restarts, are the norm. I've tried cache clears, temp file clears, etc. to no avail.

This is getting so frustrating. I just installed Win 10 (10162) on my laptop (above paragraph is with a high-powered work station and my phone) and both browsers behave in this manner. Some sites, CNN, and other sites heavily laden with adverts, are almost unusable.

Are these just my experiences or are you folks seeing the exact same thing? If so, how are you mitigating the freezes/hangs?

Thanks,
    Alan

P.S. I have a high-speed connection, testing at 30+ Mbps download.

:)

achristo, Jul 3, 2015
  2. RobReno Win User

Windows 10 Compatibility Center

I was a developer for the Microsoft platform but they just seem to be getting worse despite all the promises and hype. Type to switch and invest in better supported platform.

RobReno, Jul 3, 2015
  3. esc123as Win User
    Edge vs IE11 for https pages

Does Edge have wintrustdll embedded in the app versus IE11? Why can I get all https pages to load in edge and not on IE11 even though it's on the same computer? I have tried most "fixes" indicated in this forum, but IE11 won't work for https loads. In
    fact, it seemed to have gotten worse

esc123as, Jul 3, 2015
  4. Cr00zng Win User

In general, most websites load much more than just their contents, a.k.a. external links or iframes, ads, etc. Some of these ads may not been put together well, slow to load, etc., and as such, you have pages that takes forever to load like CNN. This forum is a OK from that perspective and should load quickly with any browsers. If not, you may have a number of PUPs installed on your system that slows the browser down.

Cr00zng, Jul 5, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Ah.. sorry but I'm not noticing this one bit.

BunnyJ, Jul 5, 2015
  6. Cr00zng Win User
    Neither do I, other than a slideshow at USA Today site, but...

PUPs, ads, etc., can slow down browser experience to a crawl on some people's systems.

Cr00zng, Jul 5, 2015
  7. achristo Win User
    Is this sarcastic humor? Page loading seems to be getting worse on all platforms... :)

Well, maybe it's my browsers then. I've disabled all add-ons except flash. Any other suggestions on how to improve the response?

I get frequent lock-ups and they're getting annoying. I've cleared my cache and temp files to no avail.

achristo, Jul 9, 2015
  8. Tuck Win User

Have you checked your DNS settings in both router and explorer? I recently had a problem and found that the old IPV4 is no longer used with newer browsers, I changed my router DNS to both activated and with a fixed DNS at open dns , a real improvement.

Tuck, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Page loading seems to be getting worse on all platforms... - Similar Threads - Page loading seems

2. Videos keep rewinding across all platforms#2 All Platforms

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Videos keep rewinding across all platforms#2 All Platforms: why WHY WHY WHY, this I going on for last 2 years now more on msn.com than anywhere.png viruses or jpegs something happening.Does it in android does it windows 10 and 11 does it on iOS and macOS.flaw somewhere in videos on msn.17/11/22...
  3. page not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    page not loading: I have a new computer with Windows 10 and in the last few days my pages wont load and I can't use programs as they mostly time out between pages.There are no internet issues and no downloads required that i can see. Help...
  4. Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol: Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-true-that-windows-getting-worse-and-worse/021ce365-52b9-4239-a05a-ca1ac587fb82
  5. Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse: Over the last several months up to possibly a year, my PC’s wi-fi connection has steadily gotten worse and worse. I went from having a fairly stable connection just about every session to not being able to connect to the Internet without having to restart or turn off and then...
  6. All yahoo pages not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    All yahoo pages not loading: For the past several weeks all the yahoo pages that I try to access time out before finishing, all other web pages work. This is happening in both Windows 10 and Linux and using Edge, Chrome and Firefox browsers. I have run Spybot and MS malicious software removal tool, no...
  7. Windows laptop getting worse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows laptop getting worse: On my friends girlfriends laptop (some surface laptop) I was doing homebrew stuff for his wii. Everything was fine until the next day they told me the main drive had a padlock with a yellow triangle. It progressed to the desktop missing to not being able to boot the os. What...
  8. Slow loading of all apps and slow page loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow loading of all apps and slow page loading: I have a Windows 10 Laptop used for work. Program and internet access was fairly prompt. Updated and opening anything was VERY slow. Loading pages very slow. My Apple and XP machines are fine, connection is not the problem. Task Manager shows "Antimalware Service...
  9. Laptop is getting slower at loading web pages

in Browsers and Email
    Laptop is getting slower at loading web pages: Hi All, My girlfriend has a Toshiba Laptop bought with W10 installed so it isn't very old. It isn't a high end machine but it worked well. Recently it has started taking a long time to load pages with movies embedded, eg Facebook and sites with ads. I suspect that...
  10. page loading

in Browsers and Email
    page loading: I have windows 10 8 gb ram i5 processor 500gb hard drive Verizon isp, I get 32-37 ping, over 14. megabytes download, 1. upload On yahoo and 1 other site as I scroll down, very long page, why do I have to wait for item to appear I have more than enough everything, is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cnn reload page not responding