Windows 10: Page not found error when attempting to check for updates

Discus and support Page not found error when attempting to check for updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am trying to check for updates or even change my windows update settings in Windows 10. However, anytime I attempt to navigate to the windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Leyth, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Leyth Win User

Page not found error when attempting to check for updates

I am trying to check for updates or even change my windows update settings in Windows 10. However, anytime I attempt to navigate to the windows update area it says, Page not found, refresh the page. The error code is 0x00000005, in case you need it. It seems to open up the windows store. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for Windows update at? I normally just type it in the bar and its the first result.

:)

Leyth, Jul 6, 2015
  2. Roger-CG Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade(Missing [boot.wim] file)

Same problem. In my check update history it showed 3 failed attempts to update. Mine showed error 0x80070002. I found a windows update error page for this number on the windows site. I followed instructions and it did not solve my problem instead when
    I go to windows update it shows I haven't ever updated anything. I searched my computer for boot.wim but it didn't find it.

Roger-CG, Jul 6, 2015
  3. 0x80070006 error when trying to check for updates

Page not found error when attempting to check for updates [​IMG]

Hello Dear, check out the image above. This is what i got after sending command. ....???

Mohammad_Ishtiaq, Jul 6, 2015
Thema:

Page not found error when attempting to check for updates

1. Page not found error when attempting to check for updates - Similar Threads - Page found error

2. UnityPlayer.dll not found, when attempting to delete results in 0x8000x4005 error. Don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UnityPlayer.dll not found, when attempting to delete results in 0x8000x4005 error. Don't...: HelloI tried downloading a couple games recently through a friend and UnityPlayer.dll is on the file that uses it. Unfortunately I cannot load any of the games as when I run the application, it states: Unityplayer.dll not found despite being in the same file folder.I've tried...
  3. UnityPlayer.dll not found, when attempting to delete results in 0x8000x4005 error. Don't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UnityPlayer.dll not found, when attempting to delete results in 0x8000x4005 error. Don't...: HelloI tried downloading a couple games recently through a friend and UnityPlayer.dll is on the file that uses it. Unfortunately I cannot load any of the games as when I run the application, it states: Unityplayer.dll not found despite being in the same file folder.I've tried...
  4. BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area when attempting to update win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area when attempting to update win10: Recently installed windows (from 2015) to an SSD. The windows version is 10.0, build 10240. I have tried updating it using automatic windows update, using the windows update assistant, and using the media creation tool. It gets to about 30% then BSODs into PAGE FAULT IN...
  5. Error 0x80245006 when manually checking for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error 0x80245006 when manually checking for updates: I'm on 20H2. Windows Update works mostly fine for me--automated update checks occur, and the last round of monthly updates came in without issue. When I launch WU, I see "You're up to date." But whenever I manually check for updates, I get: Error encountered There were some...
  6. Error 0x80070002 when attempting Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x80070002 when attempting Windows Update: Today I checked my windows updates and found they have been failing since 09/09 with the error message 0x80070002. Build and version: 2004 - 19041.388 My computer was attempting to download KB4571756, so I tried to install it manually and get the error "This update is not...
  7. Error 0x80070006 when attempting to check for updates on Windows 10 Version 2004

Error 0x80070006 when attempting to check for updates on Windows 10 Version 2004: Windows 10 home Version 2004 OS Build 19041.450 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 Ever since updating to the 2004 version I get the error code 0x80070006 when attempting to check for any updates on windows 10. I have tried several methods to fix this from...
  8. Windows crashes when attempting to load web pages

in Browsers and Email
    Windows crashes when attempting to load web pages: Up until a short time ago, I was able to use MS Edge normally, Then, on occasion, it would crash Windows when I tried to access a web page, even though the browser had launched with no messages or warnings. The frequency of the crashes increased until I got fed up and...
  9. “Error Encountered” when checking for Windows Updates

“Error Encountered” when checking for Windows Updates: When checking for Windows Updates with Windows 10, you might get the error: “Error encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work, make sure that you‘re connected to the Internet.” We are...
  10. Error 0x80240438 when checking for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error 0x80240438 when checking for updates: Hello. I cannot check for updates in Windows 10 9926. I get the error 0x80240438. I already tried disabling my antivirus, didn't help. 4621