Windows 10: Page Plus X4 doesn't work after new update

Discus and support Page Plus X4 doesn't work after new update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 went wrong Again! First I lost all my favorites, then my Computer experienced exceptions (what ever they are?) followed by random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cyberdesigner, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Page Plus X4 doesn't work after new update

Windows 10 went wrong Again!

First I lost all my favorites, then my Computer experienced exceptions (what ever they are?) followed by random Crashes.

So I did a clean install using my ISO disc and tried to Install Page Plus X4 which was working fine before but it won't work now, even though I installed the latest patch.

I get told its an incompatible Programme, even though it worked OK before I did a clean install, with a note that says that Microsoft are looking for a Solution (you could have fooled me!) also I did the bit about using the Settings that worked on a Previous Programme but that didn't fix it either.

Also uninstalled and re installed the Programme but that didn't help either as did installing net framework.

Also when I get new emails, I am no longer getting advised of any new emails, so I have to keep checking my email box myself.

I looks like I may have to do yet another Clean Install.

I've tried turning off the Automatic Updates but that doesn't seem to work (maybe I'm doing it wrong, so how do I do that please)

Many Thanks

For Your Help

:)

Cyberdesigner, Jan 4, 2016

2. APC Index BSOD with a Dash of Kernel Security Failure BSOD

It's Athlon X4 880K. Not A4. That'd be strange for sure, because this motherboard ran an Athlon X4 750K for 2 plus years without a hitch.

NormanRed Wing, Jan 4, 2016
  3. 700 Woes

So after tooling around with this lousy thing, I got to update it to the new firmware with my Mac. Not that I see any difference. Plus, I still can't load the maps on it I used to. Is it the case that it just doesn't work between Maps, Belle and the 700?
    Why is it so frustrating?

TheRooster, Jan 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Page Plus X4 doesn't work after new update

Hi
    1. Page Plus X4 crashes for me as well. Did you get the giveaway version recently? Win 7 compatibility doesn't work. The error isn't BEX so adding it as a DEP exception is unlikely to help. Win 10 compatibility isn't claimed, so uninstall alas.
    2. No idea how you get advised of new emails, so can't advise. (I use POP peeper, freeware, which periodically scans my accounts and waves a little flag if sthg new and allows me to process mail quickly).
    3. Favourites- in which browser?
    4. You can't turn off Windows updates in Win 10 Home, you can opt for a scheduled restart in Pro or deferred, or you can kill Windows updates altogether manually. See:
    Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Jan 4, 2016
  5. Hi Thanks for your reply

Page Plus X4 was a Store bought Copy from a few years back, which always worked fine on XP and Win 7 and up until very recently Win 10 as well, until I had to do another clean install and now it won't work at all PIA as I loved that Programme .

I've also got a Copy of Web Plus on another hard drive using Win 10 and that works fine but I bet if I put it on this one, then I will have the same problems as I did with Page Plus X4.

Could you recommend a Word Processing Package or what are you using yourself.

Preferably a FREE one.

I'm also wondering if I could download a Free Copy of a later edition of Page Plus that does work with Windows 10 does anyone know.

I can't turn off Auto Updates as I have got the Home Edition of Win 10

Thanks for your help.

Cyberdesigner, Jan 4, 2016
  6. zooburner Win User
    Try this one

Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People

and for desktop Publishing

Home Scribus

I use webplus X5 on 10 with no problems *Smile

zooburner, Jan 4, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Well, you should be able to disable Windows Updates using the reg file in that tutorial, and recently in another post somewhere I quoted an article showing how to enable the Group Policy Editor in the Home edition, so you might like to search with that in mind. However, you need to carefully consider your rationale on updates, albeit Win 10 is proving a different kettle of fish (hmm, nest of vipers suddenly came to mind for some reason!).

Free Office packages- Libre Office of course: Kingsoft (the old 2012/13 free edition- except it has a bad habit of turning text pasted into it into Simsun font- a persistent bug). Later editions promise much but become annoying marketing ploys.

dalchina, Jan 4, 2016
  8. Page Plus X4 doesn't work after new update

Zooburner@Dalchina

Hi Guys, Thanks for your help which I very much appreciate, so its looking like Libre Office for me as well, although its really annoying that Page Plus X4 doesn't work anymore.

Do you know a good replacement for Web Plus X4, as that was also a favorite programme of mine and I'm betting that won't run either, if I try and install it on this hard drive, which would be a disaster as I build Websites and Web Plus X4 was really easy to use.

Cyberdesigner, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Page Plus X4 doesn't work after new update

1. Page Plus X4 doesn't work after new update - Similar Threads - Page Plus doesn't

2. Roblox doesn't work after updating

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Roblox doesn't work after updating: My Roblox worked perfectly fine until I updated it on MS. I tried every single method and they all don't seem to work. What happen is when I try to open it, my screen started to freeze and i can't even move my cursor. I have to force my computer shut every time. I have...
  3. Roblox doesn't work after updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox doesn't work after updating: My Roblox worked perfectly fine until I updated it on MS. I tried every single method and they all don't seem to work. What happen is when I try to open it, my screen started to freeze and i can't even move my cursor. I have to force my computer shut every time. I have...
  4. Roblox doesn't work after updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. camera doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera doesn't work after update: Hi, Since I installed the windowsupdate version 1909, my camera isn't working properly. It's giving an error but constantly switching from giving errors to working to giving errors. Error is also changing constantly from 0xA00F4289<ActiveCameraUnplugged> to...
  6. Ping command doesn't work after new update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ping command doesn't work after new update: Hello this is my system info: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 After the new update my ping command doesn't do anything as shown below. I also can't find svchost.exe in the process tab which I think could be the reason behind this,...
  7. bluetooth doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth doesn't work after update: after MS updates the bluetooth portion of my system stops working, this is a pain in my ass and you guys look like rookies. This is bush league, that's why people buy chromebooks...
  8. Edge doesn't work after update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge doesn't work after update: On 12/8/18 I got an update for Windows 10. It was a feature update and now Microsoft Edge doesn't load any web pages. When I open it. I get the following error message: Unable to create content process Error Code: 0x8027025b I posted this on Microsoft forum and they said to...
  9. Paging file on 2nd HD doesn't work anymore after Windows update in Dec

in Windows 10 Support
    Paging file on 2nd HD doesn't work anymore after Windows update in Dec: Hello, Happy new year. I have a couple PC's in my house running Windows 10 64bit. All these PC's run Windows from a SSD and have a 2nd HD installed. To save space on the SSD's I put the paging file for the virtual ram on the 2nd HD. So now, sometime in December after a...
  10. Stuff doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuff doesn't work after update: Windows 10 just did an update on my PC Now stuff doesn't work Can't see street level view on Google Earth. Can't play Microsoft online daily challenges. I rely on Google Earth for fishing trips. It is essential. If it is not restored I will have to abandon 10. God only knows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. since receiving latest windows update cannot open or save filesin serif ppage plus x5