Windows 10: Page re-numbering in Word- a real puzzler.

Discus and support Page re-numbering in Word- a real puzzler. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just completed a 65 page document in Word, based on an original which might have been written in Serif PagePlus by me several years ago. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TimothyWF, Nov 26, 2016.

1. TimothyWF Win User

Page re-numbering in Word- a real puzzler.

I have just completed a 65 page document in Word, based on an original which might have been written in Serif PagePlus by me several years ago. A problem has arisen for me over numbering the new pages because some pages from the original are embedded at the top of the page. Because of alterations these are now wrong, but how can I get rid of them ? If I was working in Serif PagePlus I could paint them out. Or I could transfer said pages to Serif PhotoPlus and do the same thing, but how to get them back into Word? A pdf is possible but exceedingly laborious. Scan, Tippex out and return individually is a possibility but would take hours. The numbers are in the new Word Headings area. Complications arise because the document consists of text, photos, diagrams and charts. Anyone any ideas please ? Thanks.

:)

TimothyWF, Nov 26, 2016

2. breathing light nokia c5

That was a real puzzler on the C6, too. I didn't HAVE any unanswered messages and had to snoop thru the phone until I found Breathing Light. Someone on this forum finally told me what it was. I turned it off.

carpetshark, Nov 26, 2016
  3. Page numbering after odd page break

In my book I want each new chapter to start on an odd page. At the end of a chapter I put in an odd page break. If that is from an odd page, it inserts a blank even page without a page number (which is what I want). It starts the next chapter on an odd page,
    as I want, but it provides no page number at the bottom of page. I want that page number to show. I tried inserting the page number manually as a footer, but that didn't work. What can I do?

Also, my book is divided into sections with several chapters in each. I used an odd page break to go to the next odd page for the section caption in the middle of the page. That worked okay with no page number showing and none of the blank even page.

HowardHallman, Nov 26, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

The page number is probably in the header if it is at the top of the page or the footer if it is at the bottom of the page. Double click just above the page number if at the top, or just below the page number if at the bottom to enter the header or footer area and then you can delete it (and the whole header if there is anything else in there you don't want).

If you want to establish page numbering that changes as you insert or delete pages then don't type the page number itself - insert the page number field instead. If it is a page number field, you can right click on it to set the starting page number value for it. For example your main document may have 35 pages. Then the first appendix might have 5 pages, but you want it to start over at 1 so you right click on the page number field and tell it to start a new section and start page numbering at 1.

NavyLCDR, Nov 28, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

easy enough

1) In the document go to Insert Header / Footer
    2) in the drop down click edit footer (or header etc)
    3) you'll see at the top on the document Header and footer tools - click that
    4) now you should see things like page numbers etc -- choose what you want.

Page re-numbering in Word- a real puzzler. [​IMG]

Page re-numbering in Word- a real puzzler. [​IMG]

Note -- save document before starting so if you hose it up you can re-do --always keep a spare copy before messing about with this type of stuff !!!!.

I'm using Office 2016 but other versions should be similar if not identical.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Page re-numbering in Word- a real puzzler. - Similar Threads - Page numbering Word

2. what is the real microsoft phone number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the real microsoft phone number?: what is the real microsoft phone number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-real-microsoft-phone-number/c32d3a4c-1b23-4da3-9b21-a5f8cd63b991
  3. Word, Footer, Numbering pages x of y starting from page 3, y is wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word, Footer, Numbering pages x of y starting from page 3, y is wrong: Hi all,My name is Thomas,I am experiencing an issue when I start numbering pages from let's say page 3, the total number of pages includes the first 2 pages I don't number.After Alt+F9I have tried:Page {PAGE} of {NUMPAGES} wich give me the actual total of pages including the...
  4. Page Numbering, Section Breaks, and Continuous Numbering Word 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page Numbering, Section Breaks, and Continuous Numbering Word 2019: Trying to begin page number one on page six. It shows number one on the correct page but will not number any other pages. This is what I have done: -removed all section breaks from the entire document. -I have only two sections. -section two is where I want the numbering...
  5. Page numbers

Page numbers: How do I get rid of the page number on the bottom of the document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-numbers/8bf43c12-1a14-403e-ac13-4f767cd6a3b3
  6. Page Number Help

Page Number Help: Hi this may seem like a trivial question to some, however while trying to insert a page number header into a word document I appear to be getting some form of crazy ass text. Please tell me there is a simple solution and I don't have to submit an assignment with it on :(...
  7. Changing page numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing page numbers: How can I change page numbers in Word 365 so that they look like 2.2-1, 2.2-2? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-page-numbers/ea849eab-53e9-44ad-851c-b81f3d75930c
  8. Numbering in Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Numbering in Word: I'm working on a tutorial for Skype, and need to have a numbered list. Everything was working fine, but then I must have pressed something I shouldn't have, and now my numbering is all crazy! It used to look like this: [img] But now when I try to number a list, it looks...
  9. Real or Fake Phone Numbers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Real or Fake Phone Numbers: 800-xxx-xxxx and 888-xxx-xxxx . Atre they actual Microsoft Phone Numbers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-or-fake-phone-numbers/2ae91236-3273-4de6-a985-e4e89839afe0
  10. page numbering

in Microsoft Office and 365
    page numbering: trying to number pages in a doc. the first page number to start on the sixth age. Followed the Microsoft doc titled " start page numbering later in your document" It is refusing to number all the pages just attaches a number to page 1. Tried removing page number and tried...