Windows 10: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA on a new computer

Discus and support PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA on a new computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm relatively new to computing so I was wondering if I could have some help. I recently made this computer and have had 3 or 4 BSOD's. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FufanuOfFunk, Dec 20, 2015.

1. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA on a new computer

Hi guys, I'm relatively new to computing so I was wondering if I could have some help. I recently made this computer and have had 3 or 4 BSOD's. I opened the minidump of the last crash and it says:
    "*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl63a.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl63a.sys"

I've looked that up and it seems to be a broadcom 802.11 wireless driver. Does anyone know anything about this and could maybe help me (using easy to understand terms *Wink)

Thanks in advance

:)

FufanuOfFunk, Dec 20, 2015

2. "page_fault_in_non_paged_area

When Trying to Boot up I sometimes get the massage "page_fault_in_non_paged_area". What does this mean?

RichardJParnell, Dec 20, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    "page_fault_in_non_paged_area

Hi Richard,

Blue Screens are in general caused by a bad driver

Open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump

Zip up the contents of that folder

Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)

Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

DaveM121, Dec 20, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA on a new computer

5. axe0 New Member
    Besides of Avast, do you use any other protection software?
    A firewall driver has been flagged, however I can't find this driver in the logs.
    Driver Reference Table - afw.sys
    Code: ffffd000`232fe478 fffff801`942344a6Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\afw.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for afw.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for afw.sys afw+0x44a6[/quote] If you are overclocking anything revert back to stock while troubleshooting.
    Code: CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz" MaxSpeed: 3300 CurrentSpeed: 3625[/quote]

6. Thanks for a fast response. I was using Bullguard antivirus but I uninstalled it because I thought it might be causing the problem, so apart from avast I can't think of anything else.

FufanuOfFunk, Dec 21, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    How did you remove Bullguard?
    The driver is a firewall driver from Agnitum, Agnitum software is implemented in BullGuard software.

8. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA on a new computer

I can't remember *Sad. I think I used the uninstaller. Do you think it's causing the issue? I have it on my laptop as well and I have never had this BSOD on it.

9. axe0 New Member
    I think an improper removal caused the network driver to be flagged, but I could be wrong.

Is this file, afw.sys, present in the following location?
    %SystemRoot%\system32\DRIVERS\

Press windows logo + r to search and copy paste it in the search function.

10. Yes, it is there, however I was getting the BSOD before I uninstalled it.

11. axe0 New Member
  12. I have uninstalled Avast now. What else should I do?

13. axe0 New Member

Test your system and see if you can reproduce the error.

I would also check ASUS for driver updates for the Broadcom network driver, there are no drivers at the site of Broadcom.
    Driver Reference Table - bcmwl63a.sys

14. The trouble is that the error occurs randomly so I'm not sure how I can reproduce it *Sad. There are some drivers on the asus page for my motherboard but I've already installed it once or twice before

15. axe0 New Member
    No problem, just do what you normally do and see how it goes *Smile

I was already afraid of that, but keep it in mind to watch for regularly.

Thema:

1. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA on a new computer - Similar Threads - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA computer

2. Windows 11 regularly crashes with stopcode PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 regularly crashes with stopcode PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS: My windows 11 is regularly crashing with a stop code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS. This was happening even a year ago, but it has become more frequent in the past 2-3 months. I have the recent memory dumps....
  3. Windows 11 regularly crashes with stopcode PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 regularly crashes with stopcode PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS: My windows 11 is regularly crashing with a stop code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS. This was happening even a year ago, but it has become more frequent in the past 2-3 months. I have the recent memory dumps....
  4. BSOD "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA": I am having a random issue with BSODS, how it happens is random once I was just installing a game and second time I was just playing one and the games were completely different I would appreciate an expert telling me what is wrong as I cant make heads or tails of it...
  5. BSOD "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA"

BSOD "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA": I am having a random issue with BSODS, how it happens is random once I was just installing a game and second time I was just playing one and the games were completely different I would appreciate an expert telling me what is wrong as I cant make heads or tails of it...
  6. Boot loop errore: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop errore: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA: Buonasera, vi scrivo per chiedere gentilmente aiuto poiché da giorni non riesco venire a capo con questo problema. Il pc è in boot loop, ho provato a cambiare disco fisso e le ram, ho fatto un check con memtest86 e non ha dato riscontri, ho formattato sia con w10 che con w11...
  7. Boot loop errore: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

Boot loop errore: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA: Buonasera, vi scrivo per chiedere gentilmente aiuto poiché da giorni non riesco venire a capo con questo problema. Il pc è in boot loop, ho provato a cambiare disco fisso e le ram, ho fatto un check con memtest86 e non ha dato riscontri, ho formattato sia con w10 che con w11...
  8. Boot loop errore: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I keep getting BSOD, the main two being memory_management and Page_Fault_in_non_paged_area

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I keep getting BSOD, the main two being memory_management and Page_Fault_in_non_paged_area: These are the stats from my task manager:Memory 16.0 GB Speed: 3200 MHz Slots used: 2 of 4 Form factor: DIMM Hardware reserved: 113 MB Available 8.9 GB Cached 7.2 GB Committed 8.6/31.9 GB Paged pool 1.5 GB Non-paged pool 668 MB In use Compressed 6.8 GB 94.6 MB I've tried sfc...
  10. I keep getting BSOD, the main two being memory_management and Page_Fault_in_non_paged_area

I keep getting BSOD, the main two being memory_management and Page_Fault_in_non_paged_area: These are the stats from my task manager:Memory 16.0 GB Speed: 3200 MHz Slots used: 2 of 4 Form factor: DIMM Hardware reserved: 113 MB Available 8.9 GB Cached 7.2 GB Committed 8.6/31.9 GB Paged pool 1.5 GB Non-paged pool 668 MB In use Compressed 6.8 GB 94.6 MB I've tried sfc...