Windows 10: Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Discus and support Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Currently suffering from some random timed BSOD after installing new motherboard/cpu/ram and upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. Originally upgraded, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by meowmeow, Jun 13, 2016.

1. meowmeow Win User

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Currently suffering from some random timed BSOD after installing new motherboard/cpu/ram and upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. Originally upgraded, but had the same PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD, so I completely formatted my hard drive and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 to see if it would help. Worked fine for a day or so, then got the same bsod earlier today. Doesn't seem to happen when I'm doing anything in specific, in fact, earlier today I was laying down trying to sleep and noticed it had BSOD.

Thanks for your help.

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 10586
    Windows dir: C:\Windows
    Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., H170-PRO
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz Intel586, level: 6
    4 logical processors, active mask: 15
    RAM: 17102602240 bytes total

Crash Dump Analysis
    Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 6/13/2016 1:27:46 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\061316-12718-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFD000C54B5A58, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80172BFD9E7, 0x2)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 6/13/2016 1:27:46 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFD000C54B5A58, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80172BFD9E7, 0x2)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

meowmeow, Jun 13, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Jun 13, 2016
  3. BSOD - Memory Management and other errors on newly installed Windows 10

Was one of the BSoDs PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA?

Reed Crosby, Jun 13, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi meowmeow,

Is the BIOS resetted to the default optimal settings?

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

5. meowmeow Win User
    Hey, thanks for the help. BIOS is set to default, and also flashed to current. I managed to get a lot of lovely red bars with memtest86+ not even finishing the first pass. Also tried switching the stick [I'm just using 1x16GB] into a different slot, still got errors.

Attachment 85216
    [sorry for the horrible quality, it didn't look nearly as bad on my phone] >>

meowmeow, Jun 14, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    You need to replace your memory in that case.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area - Similar Threads - Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

2. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Bsod only when I am playing a game called Conan Exiles.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Bsod only when I am playing a game called Conan Exiles.: I have tried all sorts of things to get to the bottom of this but I can't seem to figure out what is causing this. I have followed just about every guide and this still happens. It happens a lot less after a fresh restart. But if i try to play the game after working I am a...
  3. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Bsod only when I am playing a game called Conan Exiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Bsod only when I am playing a game called Conan Exiles.: I have tried all sorts of things to get to the bottom of this but I can't seem to figure out what is causing this. I have followed just about every guide and this still happens. It happens a lot less after a fresh restart. But if i try to play the game after working I am a...
  4. PC blue screened with error code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Minidump file attached.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC blue screened with error code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Minidump file attached.: Hi, my PC has bluescreened 3 times in the span of a month. I have updated windows and my graphic card drivers.Here's the Google Drive link for the minidump.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TABGE7BRT-YcTZq2oILF1y4ZUAIjJcSF/view?usp=drive_linkThanks!...
  5. PC blue screened with error code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Minidump file attached.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC blue screened with error code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Minidump file attached.: Hi, my PC has bluescreened 3 times in the span of a month. I have updated windows and my graphic card drivers.Here's the Google Drive link for the minidump.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TABGE7BRT-YcTZq2oILF1y4ZUAIjJcSF/view?usp=drive_linkThanks!...
  6. PC blue screened with error code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Minidump file attached.

7. Blue Screen PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA with error code 0x00000050

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA with error code 0x00000050: A blue screen appears with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA with error code 0x00000050 when installing win10\11.I also tried to install another ssd with win11 installed, there such an error appears within 10 minutes, even after working in the browser.Bios latest...
  8. Blue Screen PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA with error code 0x00000050

Blue Screen PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA with error code 0x00000050: A blue screen appears with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA with error code 0x00000050 when installing win10\11.I also tried to install another ssd with win11 installed, there such an error appears within 10 minutes, even after working in the browser.Bios latest...
  9. Помогите в чем проблема? PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA win32k.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Помогите в чем проблема? PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA win32k.sys: я играл играл и через время монитор потух перезапускаю пк все работает играю играю потом опять пропало изображения перезапустил и началось синие экраны с ошибкой PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA win32k.sys посмотрел гайды ничего не помогло выключил видеокарту с диспечера устройств...
  10. Помогите в чем проблема? PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA win32k.sys

Помогите в чем проблема? PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA win32k.sys: я играл играл и через время монитор потух перезапускаю пк все работает играю играю потом опять пропало изображения перезапустил и началось синие экраны с ошибкой PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA win32k.sys посмотрел гайды ничего не помогло выключил видеокарту с диспечера устройств...