Windows 10: Pagefile.sys 100% disk usage (read) on certain applications / games

Discus and support Pagefile.sys 100% disk usage (read) on certain applications / games in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i dunno whats happened all of a sudden. but after doing the recent windows 10 update (Major update) most of the games i play and applications i use are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DiBBz, Dec 15, 2015.

1. DiBBz Win User

Pagefile.sys 100% disk usage (read) on certain applications / games

i dunno whats happened all of a sudden. but after doing the recent windows 10 update (Major update) most of the games i play and applications i use are now becoming unusable!

certain games and or applications are going to 100% disk usage which cripples performance until i close the game or application down. then everything returns to normal...

after doing a bit of digging ive came to see that its always the same issue

Image > File Name
    Archeage.exe > Pagefile.sys
    Photoshop.exe > Pagefile.sys

etc etc.. can anyone help me figure this out and fix this problem please!

:)

DiBBz, Dec 15, 2015
  2. Jokru Win User

Can I please use my PC microsoft?(Compatibility telemetry)

Back as in disk usage at 100%

And since it only activates whenever I open a game, it never gets done since the game and the telemetry compete for the disk usage and the telemetry already takes forever

Jokru, Dec 15, 2015
  3. conduct11 Win User
    Game causes 100% Disk Usage , becomes not responding and crashes

So lately every time i try to play a game on windows 10 , it causes my disk usage to reach 100% and the game directly becomes not responding and crashes . Also System and Compressed Memory sometimes causes disk usage to go to 100% !

Would appreciate any help !

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

conduct11, Dec 15, 2015
  4. DiBBz Win User

done a little bit of digging and part of this issue might have been caused by Broadcast DVR.. so i disabled it. and am further testing the issue

DiBBz, Dec 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Pagefile.sys 100% disk usage (read) on certain applications / games - Similar Threads - Pagefile sys 100%

2. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pagefile sys: hi my pagefile sys went up suddenly to 11 gb while was playing game and after like end match in game it went back to normal how it was before it maked first time i think is it normal...
  3. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pagefile sys: hi my pagefile sys went up suddenly to 11 gb while was playing game and after like end match in game it went back to normal how it was before it maked first time i think is it normal...
  4. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk 100% usage with no read or write.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 100% usage with no read or write.: I got an error task amanger indicating that disk 100% usage with no read or wrtie.I tried clean boot, reset virtual memory, update windows 11 to the newest update, sfc, dism, memory check, and disk repair. It still does not work well. It start the error when heavy load occurs...
  6. Disk 100% usage with no read or write.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk 100% usage with no read or write.: I got an error task amanger indicating that disk 100% usage with no read or wrtie.I tried clean boot, reset virtual memory, update windows 11 to the newest update, sfc, dism, memory check, and disk repair. It still does not work well. It start the error when heavy load occurs...
  7. 100% disk usage whenever i open games, or heavy applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage whenever i open games, or heavy applications: pc- asus vivobook x540uar ram- 8gb graphics- intel hd graphics 620 i5 10th gen i used to run heavy applications and games like velorant, android studio, far cry games, etc on my laptop....it may lag at high graphics, by applications used to run smoothly at low...
  8. 100% disk usage when gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage when gaming: [ATTACH] Hello, I know that there are a ton of postings about this but i have been trying to get rid of this problem for half a year now. When playing games that were located on my hdd, my hdd it used to randomly jump to 100% usage. As of late, my ssd gets to 100% usage...
  9. 100% disk usage when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage when gaming: Hello, I have this problem for half a year now. When playing games, my hdd jumps to 100% but it also happens to my ssd if the game is downloaded there. Makes it impossible to game. Game freezes, System freezes, game sound bugged etc. I have this problem for half a year now....
  10. Disk usage 100%, read/write 0kbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage 100%, read/write 0kbps: Okay, so Lately I've had crazy boot and load times, and what appeared to be disk issues (usage was 100%, read/write was little-to-none). Disabled a few things in services.msc (superfetch and windows search), which fixed the 100% constant usage. But boot and load are...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pagefile.sys disk usage 100%

2. pagefile.sys disk 100%

3. pagefile 100% disk

4. pagefile.sys windows 10 100% disk