Windows 10: Pages do not come to the forefront when clicking on them from taskbar

Discus and support Pages do not come to the forefront when clicking on them from taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I originally posted this to the Windows support forums, but they are slow to reply. Problem: Clicking on icons in the taskbar do not bring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mmh1, Dec 11, 2017.

1. mmh1 Win User

Pages do not come to the forefront when clicking on them from taskbar

Hi all, I originally posted this to the Windows support forums, but they are slow to reply.

Problem: Clicking on icons in the taskbar do not bring them to the forefront of the screen. For example, Word is open, and I try to click on Chrome, and Chrome is brought up behind Word. The same thing happens when trying to click on Word while Chrome is open. This issue persists no matter what app or folder is open (for example, with File Explorer and Settings). Additionally, if I go to the start menu and click on something (such as Settings), it brings it up behind whatever other window is open.
    Attempted solutions:

• Closing all open tabs and programs and restarting the computer (did not work).
    • Uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling it (did not work). Hard restart of computer (did not work).
    • Ran System File Checker (found nothing and did not solve issue).
    • Went to registry>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop>ForegroundLockTimeout>changed notation to decimal, then restarted computer (did not solve).
    • Booted computer in Safe Mode, as well as did a clean boot (did not work).
    At first, the problem only came up when running Chrome. Initially, the reinstall of Chrome solved the issue, but a couple of days later, the problem started again, but with more applications than Chrome. I have concluded that it is definitely a problem with Windows, perhaps after the latest November update (which was quite large).
    Computer: HP Notebook
    Processor: AMD A10-9600P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G 2.4 GHz with 6 GB RAM x64 based processor, with a 64 bit operating system
    Windows edition: Windows 10 home, version 1709, build 16299.64

:)

2. File explorer docks at the back of open documents

What happens if you click on it in the Taskbar, doesn't it come to the forefront as the active window?

Press Windows key + X

Click Task Manager1709

Select the Processes tab

Scroll down to Windows Explorer then select it

Click Restart

If that does not work:

uninstall your display driver:

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager

Restart

Andre Da Costa, Dec 11, 2017
  3. Taskbar icons not working

Until I installed the November release i never had this problem....

Now what should be a good feature is becoming very frustrating.

If the program for the icon is open and i want to bring it to the forefront....it wont come to the forefront when i click it.

To get to the program i have to minimise what i was working on then i will discover it somewhere...e

RichardSchwedes01, Dec 11, 2017
Thema:

Pages do not come to the forefront when clicking on them from taskbar

1. Pages do not come to the forefront when clicking on them from taskbar - Similar Threads - Pages forefront clicking

2. Notifications disappear when clicking on them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications disappear when clicking on them: I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. After that, every time click on a notification in the Action Center, it just disappears, it never opens anything. I formatted my PC and made a clean installation of windows through USB, still the same problem. How to fix this?...
  3. Notifications disappear when clicking on them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications disappear when clicking on them: I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. After that, every time click on a notification in the Action Center, it just disappears, it never opens anything. I formatted my PC and made a clean installation of windows through USB, still the same problem. How to fix this?...
  4. Ctrl+click apps on taskbar to select them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+click apps on taskbar to select them: In Windows XP, when you had several open apps that showed up on the taskbar, you could Ctrl+left Click each one to select them. You could then close all of them at once. This is a little faster than right clicking each one on the taskbar & then selecting "Close window". Is...
  5. Numbers do not appear when I click on them

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numbers do not appear when I click on them: Numbers DO NOT appear when I click on them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/numbers-do-not-appear-when-i-click-on-them/04d425e1-10e6-4427-aa7f-258e95f294b8
  6. on click login page does not come

in Windows 10 Customization
    on click login page does not come: after sitching on my PC ( which has windows 10 OS) in the startup page when clicked login page is not coming. Mouse working fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/on-click-login-page-does-not-come/543a568e-b4e5-4616-a982-e1626a63044d
  7. Windows do not show up correctly when clicking on them

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows do not show up correctly when clicking on them: Hi, I struggle quite hard trying to explain this issue, so the topic title may be a bit unclear but the problem is that when I have several programs open in the task bar clicking on one of them will not always push it up front on the screen... I can have iTunes, Explorer...
  8. When left clicked icons in taskbar do not minimize

in Windows 10 Support
    When left clicked icons in taskbar do not minimize: It used to be that when you had a window open you could minimize it by clicking it corresponding icon in the task bar. that feature appears to no longer work and you must open each window individually and go to the minimize icon in that window to minimize it. or you can hover...
  9. Cannot use the taskbar to bring other windows to the forefront

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot use the taskbar to bring other windows to the forefront: I just upgraded my Lenovo E520 laptop to Windows 10 last week. All went fairly well except I have a problem bring focus to some windows. I see past forum topics with this problem (threads 14765 and 19244) but no resolutions so I'm starting a new thread. For example, I have my...
  10. App Windows Do Not Come to the Top when clicking icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    App Windows Do Not Come to the Top when clicking icon in Taskbar: Hi, started having this problem after the Window 10 upgrade, and even after I wiped the drive and installed W10 clean. With several apps open, when I click an app icon on the task bar, the app does not come to top. Perhaps after repeated clicks it will surface, but often I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tas kbar icons not coming to forfront