Windows 10: Paid (or free) replacement for iTunes

Discus and support Paid (or free) replacement for iTunes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have found iTunes to be a real POS on Windows. A big, and continuing frustration is that I can't do a new install of iTunes, same system or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by x509, Mar 16, 2018.

1. x509 Win User

Paid (or free) replacement for iTunes

I have found iTunes to be a real POS on Windows.

A big, and continuing frustration is that I can't do a new install of iTunes, same system or different, without getting a stupid message about how iTunes will sync the phone or tablet to this system ONLY after wiping out the music, books, videos already on the devbice. I want to do the reverse: sync the contents of the device to iTunes on Windows.

So I need an alternative that completely replaces iTunes or else replaces the parts not involving calendar and contact syncing. I'm willing to spend "reasonable" money. *Wink What is good and what is crap to be avoided? *Eek

:)

2. How to "revive" download! app on N97?

dowload app had been replaced by the ovi store, now on n97 download only sells you paid apps, songs etc nothing is free. ovi store has a mix of paid and free content

radical24---01, Mar 16, 2018
  3. Free or Paid?

I thought SKYPE was free. It keeps referring to my account and credits. In the past, as little as I've used it, I never had to pay anything. Is this new?

Moved from:
    Windows
    /
    Windows 10
    /
    Calling & messaging

KathrynBazinet Busby, Mar 16, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

I've had no problems with iTunes - do you know how to use it?

Steve C, Mar 16, 2018
  5. If you are using an iOS device with iTunes right now, there isn't an alternative. Apple requires the use of iTunes for its iOS devices.

If you are using iTunes for it's music player, you could swap over to using Windows 10 Groove or the well-known VLC player.

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 16, 2018
  6. xips Win User
    I play online radio and lossless music using foobar2000. It networks well and has many component addons available. It's free and you can install it as a portable app.

Compare and contrast: foobar2000 vs iTunes detailed comparison as of 2018

[disclaimer] I've never used iTunes or anything Apple since running a MacSE in the 90s.

7. x509 Win User
    Steve,

Of course i know how to use iTunes. My issues are that it is very inflexible. Please go back and re-read my original post.

8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi folks
    1) For playing on a computer VLC handles any sensible format both Video and Audio.

2) On Remote TV's / Amazon TV fire sticks etc - use KODI on android devices and simply share files from computer --on remote device KODI also plays ripped DVD ISO's directly with all the menus / options e.g subtitles etc.

Who need "IChoones" any more -- also no FLAC (Lossless) / other formatted lossless music is supplied by Apple anyway on "IChoones". With cheap large capacity HDD's and fast internet why use hideously compressed low res video or MP3's --if you have to use mp3's at least go for 320 kb/s.

Highly compressed MP3 Music that might sound "passable" ?? to anybody using those horrible cheap bud earphones - especially the white apple clone ones (where other people hear more sound than the wearers of those things) sounds absolutely hideous if played through even a decent cheap hi fi amplifier with proper speakers. As I said MP3 is OK if using 320 KB/s - you might just get away with 256kb/s if you like your music to sound like a bunch of Road drills - any lower compression - even 192 kb/s -- don't even THINK about it.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 17, 2018
  9. Mystere Win User
    IIRC media monkey has integration with apple devices, or at least it did at one point.

Mystere, Mar 17, 2018
  10. x509 Win User

11. Mystere Win User
    I should say that I'm not looking for a music player. I'm actually looking for one or more replacement tools that provide
    device backup
    • 2-way sync between my media (music, books, etc.) on my local system and my devices
    • 2-way sync for calendar items, appointments, tasks
    • iOS updates
    • rearrange icons across screens (less important - I can always iTunes for this without too much harm)
    • remove apps from a device
    what exactly do you think “integration with apple devices” means? Back when I used it, it was the only thing that would download stuff from my ipod to my computer, but that was years ago, so not sure about its current capabilities

I doubt you will find anything that does ios updates though.

Mystere, Mar 17, 2018
  12. x509 Win User
    Agree that iOS updates is probably not available with third-party utilities. But I can always do the updates directly from the devices. It's the other capabilities that I need.

Thema:

1. Paid (or free) replacement for iTunes - Similar Threads - Paid free replacement

2. iTunes replacement for all applications and file types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes replacement for all applications and file types: I'm so disgusted with iTunes and now there is some weird message about "deprecation" for contacts and calendar entries. Even before that message, iTunes was a hot mess if you tried to manage your applications, books, music, etc. I'm willing to pay a "reasonable" amount for a...
  3. Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...: About a week or so ago, I finally got the paid version of Macrium Reflect. Mainly for the Image Guardian that the paid version adds. Today I was testing, backing up and restoring from a USB stick (fast one). It works. However, I noticed that with the paid version, I also get...
  4. Visual studio community is free , open source or paid software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual studio community is free , open source or paid software: i downloaded visual studio community as i can't find separate applications for c,cpp and visual studio . i am a computer student. i downloaded it because i thought it was free, open source. [ATTACH] But in visual studio community, this shows like this : [ATTACH] This...
  5. Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version: Hey there, I haven't been terribly active here in a while, but am going to be building a new pc with my son at christmas time and wondering about imaging software. I want to ensure he picks up some good habits. It seems Macrium is the imaging software of choice still. Free...
  6. CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version

CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version: Does the paid version of CCleaner suffer from the privacy issues, pop up ads, bundled software in the installer, like the CCleaner browser? Or are these issues related to just the free version? In other words, does anyone use the paid version and can confirm whether or not it...
  7. Free or paid alternatives to OneDrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Free or paid alternatives to OneDrive: Hi all, When I was traveling all the time due to work I started using One Drive as the place to store all of my personal documents and files due to the fact that I use my personal MS account to sign into all of my desktop and laptop devices. I have recently stopped...
  8. DearMob iPhone Manager Review: Perfect replacement for iTunes

in Windows 10 News
    DearMob iPhone Manager Review: Perfect replacement for iTunes: iPhones are made to last and Apple giving the latest software updates to old iPhones adds a cherry to the cake. So like we said, you love your iPhone, except for the times when you have to manage files between your iPhone and PC/Mac. Yeah, that is the time when iPhone users...
  9. Difference between paid Outlook.com and free 'light' version?

in Browsers and Email
    Difference between paid Outlook.com and free 'light' version?: Hi, I am trying to tie up some loose ends after having to execute a Clean Install of my Windows 10 Home last night because of corrupted files I couldn't fix any other way. To make a long story short prior to the Clean Install I had a paid version of Microsoft Office...
  10. Best free/paid for data recovery software?

Best free/paid for data recovery software?: Hello everyone. How's everyone on my favourite forum? This is probably a pretty straightforward question for you clever guys and gals on here, but one that's perplexed for a while.. I have in the past, when losing data, just shrugged my shoulders and put up with it. I...