Windows 10: Pain with special or white space character with System Default Naming to directory or path.

Discus and support Pain with special or white space character with System Default Naming to directory or path. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I, as a programming field related work. Usually found the problems, issues, and related things about the system default naming. Such as "Program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nattasan Wang-Aphisit, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Pain with special or white space character with System Default Naming to directory or path.

I, as a programming field related work. Usually found the problems, issues, and related things about the system default naming.

Such as "Program Files", "Program File (x86), "Users/日本語 名前", "My Documents", etc.

In my experience up until now, this kind of problems usually found the issues reported on the source hub.

And because recently I see Microsoft direction is become more developer friendly, So I would like to ask if there any possible to replace those system default naming directory to be only alphanumeric and underscore.

ex.

Program Files -> Programs

Program Files (x86) -> Programs_x86

Users/日本語 名前 -> Users/NihongoNamae

Some kind like these.

I think this might help live better and easier, and bring peace to the world. (kidding)

Hope my opinion might be good in some ways.

Thanks for reading my opinion.

:)

Nattasan Wang-Aphisit, Jul 9, 2018

2. Mail attachments with special characters

I have recieved a mail with a PDF file attached, the adobe reader will not open this, saying "path not found"

This i due to the file name having (danish) special characters "æøå", but I'll guess that this will be an issue for others contries using special characters.

Any clue to fix this?

Br Morten

MortenTorp, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Special characters

First of all thank you for trying to help me. I really apreciate it.

Now the thing is that what you're saying would be perfectly logical if every special character uses the same 8/16-bit memory space instead of 7-bit. But this happens only with first special character I enter in a message. After that any consecutive special
    character uses just one space no matter how many of them I enter.

This is really interesting. Don't you think?

Any words on 200.211.18 for Croatian market yet? Anybody?

doctork---01, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Pain with special or white space character with System Default Naming to directory or path.

Illegal characters in path

Windows Phone - App Preview 3 would not sync my iTunes library with my Lumia 920. It generated a completely unhelpful error, and the displayed music, but not my auto-playlists.

I checked %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows Phone\lastexception.txt, and found it didn't like a character in the name of my playlist

System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.

at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path, Boolean checkAdditional)

at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)

at Microsoft.WPSync.Sync.Source.iTunes.ITunesMusicSyncSource.CreatePlaylistItem(String name, String persistentId)

at Microsoft.WPSync.Sync.Source.iTunes.ITunesMusicSyncSource.CreatePlaylist(String name, String persistentId, List`1 playlistSongs)

at Microsoft.WPSync.Sync.Source.iTunes.ITunesMusicSyncSource.ParsePlaylist(Dictionary playlistProps)

at Microsoft.WPSync.Sync.Source.iTunes.ITunesMusicSyncSource.LoadPlaylists(PList iTunesLibrary)

at Microsoft.WPSync.Sync.Source.iTunes.ITunesMusicSyncSource.LoadiTunesLibrary(PList iTunesLibrary)

at Microsoft.WPSync.Sync.Source.iTunes.ITunesMusicSyncSource.InitWithLibraryFile(String libraryFile)

at Microsoft.WPSync.Sync.Source.iTunes.ITunesMusicSyncSource.DoModelLoading()

at Microsoft.WPSync.Sync.Rules.MediaSyncSource.ReloadModelData()

I renamed two of my playlists that contained non alphanumeric characters, and the issue is resolved.

jasonvelocity, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Pain with special or white space character with System Default Naming to directory or path.

1. Pain with special or white space character with System Default Naming to directory or path. - Similar Threads - Pain special white

2. File Name should not contain special character

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Name should not contain special character: File Name should not contain special character https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-name-should-not-contain-special-character/33c60b93-6eaf-431c-a6e7-241edde7e640
  3. File Name should not contain special character

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Name should not contain special character: File Name should not contain special character https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-name-should-not-contain-special-character/33c60b93-6eaf-431c-a6e7-241edde7e640
  4. File Name should not contain special character

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Special characters in file names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Special characters in file names: Hi, since this morning out of a blue any of my files that contains special character Norwegian letters or files that stored in a folder that contains special character can not be seen in the preview pane, only an error message "File not found" is shown.Is there any setting to...
  6. Special characters in file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Special characters in file names: Hi, since this morning out of a blue any of my files that contains special character Norwegian letters or files that stored in a folder that contains special character can not be seen in the preview pane, only an error message "File not found" is shown.Is there any setting to...
  7. Special characters in file names

8. Software with special character in the name is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software with special character in the name is not running: There is a piece of software that I am trying to run on my pc Levelator 2.1.1 but it does not start after installing.I tried to figure out what's wrong and I noticed one thing after trying it on a friend's computer. The end of the software's name on my friend's computer has...
  9. Software with special character in the name is not running

Software with special character in the name is not running: There is a piece of software that I am trying to run on my pc Levelator 2.1.1 but it does not start after installing.I tried to figure out what's wrong and I noticed one thing after trying it on a friend's computer. The end of the software's name on my friend's computer has...
  10. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...