Windows 10: Pandora Modern App stopped working after malware treatment

Discus and support Pandora Modern App stopped working after malware treatment in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I ran a bunch of programs to remove some Malware I had been having problems with (e.g. MalwareBytes, etc.) And the Pandora Modern app stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SSShadii, May 12, 2017.

1. SSShadii Win User

Pandora Modern App stopped working after malware treatment

So, I ran a bunch of programs to remove some Malware I had been having problems with (e.g. MalwareBytes, etc.) And the Pandora Modern app stopped working. It opens and I can log in, but it won't play any music. The cover art for the stations and songs it tries to play won't load, just the spinning "working" animation. It also seems to time out of each song and eventually skips it. Reinstalling does nothing.

Any ideas as to what I did here? Does anyone know what registry entries the app uses that may have been upset?

I also have the app running on two other computers and it works perfectly. Anyway I can transfer something from one of the good computers?

:)

SSShadii, May 12, 2017
  2. EdKodish Win User

Pandora App has stopped working

I agree that the MetoRadio application is an option for a work around but since I'm a paying customer of Pandora I would like to get Pandora working over my Wifi on either phone. In addition, I too had no issues in the month of November. It just stopped
    working for some reason.

I have two phones. One with an OS 8.10.12393.890 and I have a second phone with an OS 8.10.14203.306. Neither of them working over WiFi any more !! Yet they will work over 4G. In my house all the Apple products work with Pandora as well as my Windows
    8.1 laptop.

I have been working with Pandora but they are not able to see any issues. I've reset my router to all the factory defaults.

Something is going on ?? Please help, pretty please !

EdKodish, May 12, 2017
  3. alan93 Win User
    Pandora App has stopped working

1. Uninstall Pandora app

2. Go to store

3. Look up MetoRadio app

4. Install it

5. Enjoy listening to your Pandora songs without commercials.

alan93, May 12, 2017
  4. Pandora Modern App stopped working after malware treatment

Hi SSShadii

First thing I would do is uninstall all AV products except Defender and then restart. If problem persists then you very well could spend more time trying to repair then just performing a Repair / In Place Upgrade. This process can resolve a number of problems. The downside is it will take you to the Creator Update which you, or your machine, may not be ready for.

Before doing this process I would have my data safely backed up off machine and an Image created with a tool like Macrium Reflect.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Myself if I had a really nasty malware attack I would go the clean install route. More work but in my opinion a better base to move forward on.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 13, 2017
Thema:

Pandora Modern App stopped working after malware treatment

1. Pandora Modern App stopped working after malware treatment - Similar Threads - Pandora Modern App

2. Pandora stopping after a song or two

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pandora stopping after a song or two: My I-phone is playing Pandora appropriately not stopping without my stopping it. But on my desktop/laptop DESKTOP-P06LDLK, using Windows 10 Pandora is stopping after a song or two. Won't restart by pushing arrow, I have to close and reload Pandora through Google etc.. If...
  3. pandora

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pandora: how can I play pandora on my windows laptop, its currently running in windows s mode. and when I open pandora up it says to disable ad blockers. and I don't know how to do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pandora/f6ee7f7e-4263-43c2-8fd3-ef55114c5890"
  4. Pandora app won't open after instaallation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Pandora app won't open after instaallation: Just purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad L340. After initial installation, one of the first apps I downloaded was Pandora. It installs fine, but won't launch after installation. I have tried launching from the app store, through the task bar, as well as with Cortana voice command...
  5. Pandora stopping after a song or two

Pandora stopping after a song or two: My I-phone is playing Pandora appropriately (not stopping without my stopping it). But on my desktop/laptop (DESKTOP-P06LDLK, using Windows 10) Pandora is stopping after a song or two. Won't restart by pushing arrow, I have to close and reload Pandora (through Google etc.)....
  6. Pandora App not working

Pandora App not working: When I open the Pandora App, it will appear to open as normal but goes away after 3-5 seconds. Its as if the app is closing every time its opened (no error messages). I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled several time with no luck. I have reset the app as well. Ran a...
  7. Pandora not working

Pandora not working: I know this forum is for windows 10 but I don't know where else to get help with this problem. My computer has windows 7 and Pandora lately keeps cutting off and below is the error message that comes up when I click on "view details." Problem event name--App hang b1...
  8. All modern apps have stopped working - advice please

All modern apps have stopped working - advice please: Hi, I have been using Windows 10 for almost a month without issue. Then, a few days ago, I received an error message complaining about the registry when attempting to open pictures. I assumed the photo app was broken, as it was the default programme for opening pictures....
  9. Modern UI apps/services stop working after a while when logged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Modern UI apps/services stop working after a while when logged in: So, when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, everything was good, except for a few problems, like, it takes too long to start up, and hibernation doesn't work properly (after a few seconds after you attempt to restore from hibernation the loading animation starts...
  10. Modern apps after sysprep does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Modern apps after sysprep does not work: Hello. I install Windows to vhdx in hyper-v. I make two users, make some updates and install some apps. I make sysprep and copy vhdx to another PC and boot from this. After this, start menu does not work. i can not tun no modern apps, and Notifications panel does not works...