Windows 10: Panel open - Power On stopped working

Discus and support Panel open - Power On stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Qosmio F750 and since i did the upgrade to Windows 10 The power Option of Starting the Laptop by just opening the Lid does not work, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeepers, Sep 8, 2015.

1. jeepers Win User

Panel open - Power On stopped working

I have a Toshiba Qosmio F750 and since i did the upgrade to Windows 10 The power Option of Starting the Laptop by just opening the Lid does not work, I have the Laptop set to close down when i shut the lid (works fine) But does not boot when i open it.
    I don't know if this is a Windows 10 or Driver Problem *Redface But if anyone can throw some light on it iwould be grateful. I know it's not a big deal but i liked just lifting the lid and the Laptop starts *Smile
    Cheers

:)

jeepers, Sep 8, 2015

2. Panel open Power on option for Toshiba laptop

I had this feature turned off but I just did a Windows 10 update and now the feature is on again and I can't turn it off. I don't want it to be active. When I try the solutions you have suggested to others, I click on the Panel Open - Power On in my Power
    Options screen but nothing happens and I can't find anywhere else to try to disable it

SueFriesen, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Panel open Power on option for Toshiba laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It seems that the system is not responding to the configuration that you are trying to achieve. It could be an issue with a corrupted user account or a system files. It is better if you can provide us a screenshot of the
    concern. To help you with this, we would like to know more information.

• What is the build version of your Windows? To check it, type in winver
      on Search bar and hit Enter.
    • Are you getting any error messages/codes when trying to change the settings?

Meanwhile, you can perform the following troubleshooting steps provided below:

• Create a power plan. Right click on Start and choose Power Options. Click on Additional power settings at the right part of the page.
    • Choose Create a power plan, click on High performance and hit Next then Create.
    • If the same issue persists, consider creating a new user account. Head over to this
      link for the instructions.

We'll be waiting for your response and the result.

Lemuel Cie, Sep 8, 2015
Thema:

Panel open - Power On stopped working

1. Panel open - Power On stopped working - Similar Threads - Panel open Power

2. Control Panel is not opening or working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel is not opening or working: For last 3 days, Suddenly control panel is not opening or working. The issue I am facing is that when I click on the control panel icon, there is no response to it there is just the animation shown of clicking it and then there is nothing, not even the animation of loading....
  3. Control Panel is not opening or working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel is not opening or working: For last 3 days, Suddenly control panel is not opening or working. The issue I am facing is that when I click on the control panel icon, there is no response to it there is just the animation shown of clicking it and then there is nothing, not even the animation of loading....
  4. Emoji Panel stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emoji Panel stopped working: Hi,The hotkey windows + . or Windows + ; to bring up the Emoji panel stopped working for me about 10 days ago with no reason.I read all the articles on Google including adding keys to the registry, changing region and language and many more.Nothing helps.On other PC's and...
  5. Emoji Panel stopped working

Emoji Panel stopped working: Hi,The hotkey windows + . or Windows + ; to bring up the Emoji panel stopped working for me about 10 days ago with no reason.I read all the articles on Google including adding keys to the registry, changing region and language and many more.Nothing helps.On other PC's and...
  6. Emoji Panel stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Power and Sleep option stops working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and Sleep option stops working: My Power and Sleep 30 minute limit wasn't always turning off the display as specified. I suspected an app might be impacting that process and I thought of Media Player, which has been known know to exhibit rather strange behavior on occasion. Detail of the steps I executed to...
  8. Power and Sleep option stops working

Power and Sleep option stops working: My Power and Sleep 30 minute limit wasn't always turning off the display as specified. I suspected an app might be impacting that process and I thought of Media Player, which has been known know to exhibit rather strange behavior on occasion. Detail of the steps I executed to...
  9. My Power point stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Power point stops working: I have created a slide show with a soundtrack, but it gets to the 10:00 point and stops. The audio continues, but the pictures do not show. It's basically a photo album with attached audio tracks. I am using the 2010 version and have tried different computers, but the same...
  10. Panel Open - Power On

in Windows 10 Support
    Panel Open - Power On: Good Morning, I am enquiring how I can effectively disable the 'Panel open - Power on' feature on a Win10 Toshiba Satellite laptop. I would prefer to start up the unit on the power button, as it is very easy to inadvertently initiate the 'power on' feature when placing the...