Windows 10: Panicking. Had to reinstall 8 after reserving windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Panicking. Had to reinstall 8 after reserving windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all I reserved my free windows 10 upgrade then my computer crashed and I had to reinstall windows 8. Will I still get the free upgrade? 7170 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hondacrv, Jun 17, 2015.

1. hondacrv Win User

Panicking. Had to reinstall 8 after reserving windows 10 upgrade

Hey all

I reserved my free windows 10 upgrade then my computer crashed and I had to reinstall windows 8. Will I still get the free upgrade?

:)

hondacrv, Jun 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 reserved and later windows reinstalled

I had reserved my windows 10 for my windows 7 Ultimate version but after one week due to a houdini backdoor activity had to format and reinstall. Now after doing all updates i dont have the windows reserve icon coming.

Is my windows 10 already reserved or do i have to do something to reserve it again. Note: windows 10 upgrade icon is no longer there after the new windows SP1 was installed and updated to the fullest.

BasirGardezi, Jun 17, 2015
  3. Download Windows 10 but not install it? Also Windows 8

Hello

I have received upgrade to Windows 10 on my W7 and W8.1 laptop. I reserved copies for these computers. I would like to know if once the files are downloaded and July 29, 2015 comes along, if I am forced to install the Windows 10? I may not wish to install
    the upgrade immediately, but I do not wish to loose out on my upgrades.

Secondly my third computer has Windows 8 reinstalled after running the Windows 10 Preview and the dual boot go messed up. Had to reinstall W8. How do I get a Windows reservation for it?

Thanks for any assistance

Glenn

glennc7000, Jun 17, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Don't panic but you will have to reinstall updates you had done previously and the GWX [Get Windows 10/X] will be one of them. Just do the reservation again. When you did the reinstall you probably wiped out coding that identified that you can get Win10.

Berton, Jun 17, 2015
  5. hondacrv Win User
    Berton, Thank You very much i am very relived i thought i just cost my self 199$.

hondacrv, Jun 17, 2015
  6. winxp Win User
    So why did your computer crash?
    Inquiring minds now want to know.

winxp, Jun 17, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    There seems to be some misconception that you have to reserve the free upgrade before July 29th. That's not true. You can get the upgrade any time in the next year. The *ONLY* reason to do the reservation is if you want to get the update installed on July 29th automatically. You can do the upgrade whenever you like without a reservation.

Mystere, Jun 17, 2015
  8. Panicking. Had to reinstall 8 after reserving windows 10 upgrade

The other reason to reserve is to authorize MS / Windows Update to stage download the bits of Win10 before 29 July. That phase of the update probably won't begin until mid-July after the OEMs run through the RTM candidate.

I uninstalled the two KBs for GWX since I plan on waiting to upgrade my machines.
    See: Get Windows 10 Icon - Remove from Taskbar in Windows 7 and 8.1 - Windows 10 Forums

Panicking. Had to reinstall 8 after reserving windows 10 upgrade [​IMG]

Slartybart, Jun 17, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    That's what happens with the automatic upgrade. So, that's really the same reason.. not another one *Wink

Mystere, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Panicking. Had to reinstall 8 after reserving windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Panicking reinstall reserving

2. Need to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 after accidently reinstalling Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 after accidently reinstalling Windows 8.1: This is embarrassing. I had Windows 10 installed and have used it for years. I somehow reinstalled Windows 8 while working with msconfig on a memory issue. How can I get an upgrade form Windows 8 to Windows 10.? I presume Microsoft has some record of me having Windows 10....
  3. Windows 8 to Windows 10 upgrade - How to reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 8 to Windows 10 upgrade - How to reinstall: Hi I had windows 8 preinstalled in my Lenovo laptop. Based on the upgrade recommendation, i upgraded to windows 10. My laptop is very slow (16Gig RAM & i7). I want to format and reinstall fresh windows 10. When i tried to enter the windows 8 Key in the back of my...
  4. i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8.

i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8.: i had to reset my computer and it reinstall windows 8. How do i get back to Windows 10 Build 1607? i was one of the firstpeople to download and use Windows 10, becauise of its size and running effeciency comparisions to Windows XP. i believe i had the update(beta maybe...
  5. Reinstall Windows 10 after upgrade

Reinstall Windows 10 after upgrade: I used to have Win 7 and it was upgraded to Wİndows 10 for free previously. Now I'm going to upgrade some of my hardware, install a new pair of RAM and add an SDD. Therefore I need to reinstall windows 10 for the upgraded PC but I do not have a KEY for Windows 10 as it was...
  6. Windows 10 reserve after Win 7 reinstall?

Windows 10 reserve after Win 7 reinstall?: I've been having issues installing win10 from my current win7 machine. I've heard that a few people have just reinstalled their current version of windows and immediately were prompted to upgrade to win10. If I reinstall, will I keep the reserve? What is the reserve...
  7. Reserve Free Windows 10 Upgrade

Reserve Free Windows 10 Upgrade: This morning before going to work(05:45 my time) a Windows icon showed up in my system tray(on my Windows 8.1 desktop). I'm being offered to reserve Windows 10!!!! I just got back from work took a closer look and accepted. Here's a couple of screenshots: Attachment...
  8. 10 upgrade fail - should I reinstall 8 or 10

10 upgrade fail - should I reinstall 8 or 10: Hi, just acquired a Asus x205ta laptop because last owner failed in upgrade from 8 to 10. Current state = no boot, but I can access bios and boot from USB. I created a Win 8.1 USB drive and recovery options failed but proposed boot into Win10 which fails. I can access command...
  9. Reinstall Windows 8 after 10 upgrade

Reinstall Windows 8 after 10 upgrade: I am trying to remember.. After a machine has been upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8, let us say a year later, will the license key allow you to download, create a Windows 8 iso and reinstall that. Someone has a Surface Pro 2 (I think thats what it is) that was...
  10. Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved..

in Windows 10 Support
    Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved..: I just checked for updates in my Win8.1 instillation and I noticed this for the first time. [img] Looks like I'm all set and ready to get Win10 upgrade.. anyone else get this yet?? Jeff 7178