Windows 10: Paragon 16 issue on Mirrored Drive Copy

Discus and support Paragon 16 issue on Mirrored Drive Copy in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, Previously I've used Paragon 12. I purchased Paragon Backup and Recovery 16 and began testing it. Currently I am using a Windows Mirrored Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by glennc, Mar 5, 2017.

1. glennc Win User

Paragon 16 issue on Mirrored Drive Copy

Hello,
    Previously I've used Paragon 12. I purchased Paragon Backup and Recovery 16 and began testing it. Currently I am using a Windows Mirrored Disk for my data and an SSD for the OS. On backing up the Mirrored disk I noted an extreme time and then realized that it was copying the data from both drives in the mirror. Probable operator error but I couldn't find a way to make it not do this. I still have Paragon 12 and it only backed up one (copy) of the data.
    Does anyone have any ideas or solutions? Thanks

:)

glennc, Mar 5, 2017
  2. woodpitch Win User

ox80070002 error with USB recovery drive

Ran your DISM suggestion and it did not resolve the issue. Before W10 I always used Paragon Backup/ Recovery to make image copies, but I thought I could avoid buying and just use MS with W10. I downloaded a trial version of their software today and it
    worked beautifully. Their product is not only faster at making an image, but their Recovery Drive only needs < 4gb as opposed to MS which needs 16 gb, and you have your choice of making the Recovery Drive in either a BIOS or UEFI format. If I can't get this
    issue resolved soon, then I will just buy the Paragon solution.

It just is very hard to understand why the MS restore function would be checking the target drive for anything more than size and capability to receive an image restore.

woodpitch, Mar 5, 2017
  3. Automatic back-up since upgrade to Windows 10

To address your concern, mirroring is not the same as the regular backup because it deletes files. It is also not the same as synchronization as it only copies files in one direction.

We suggest that you copy the files to another hard drive for back up if you still want to use mirroring on the existing hard drive, as it will delete the files on the existing hard drive.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Mar 5, 2017
Thema:

Paragon 16 issue on Mirrored Drive Copy

1. Paragon 16 issue on Mirrored Drive Copy - Similar Threads - Paragon issue Mirrored

2. Screen mirroring issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen mirroring issues: I contacted roku on this issue and they suggested I contacted you guys.Okay, everything, I have tried on making my Roku 4k Express come up on my computer againAs in Bluetooth finding it it won't, but it now will not allow me to mirror the screen/cast, etc. Can you...
  3. Mirror Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirror Hard Drive: I am trying to mirror my hard drive with an external hard drive. However the add mirror is greyed out. How can I get it ungreyed out. I have created a volume for the external hard drive that didn't work. I tried creating a pool that didn't work. Why is it greyed out....
  4. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive: I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the mirror did not stay synced as expected. I don't remember exactly what happened (it was back in May) but I thought I fixed the...
  5. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive: I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the mirror did not stay synced as expected. I don't remember exactly what happened (it was back in May) but I thought I fixed the...
  6. Paragon B/U 12 and Mirrored Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Paragon B/U 12 and Mirrored Drive: Hello, I am wondering if anyone has personal experience in using Paragon Backup and Recovery 12 with Windows Mirrored Drives. After being displeased with the Paragon Support, but this being the only B/U software I have I wanted to do a backup to a new Mirrored Drive. Using...
  7. .bcd update Paragon 16

.bcd update Paragon 16: Trying the new Paragon 16 version backup and recovery. It lists in the advanced settings that is has the option to update the .bcd file? Can anyone dummy that down a bit as this is the first I've seen of it. 78472
  8. Any Paragon 'Backup & Recovery 16' users on here ? Quick question.

Any Paragon 'Backup & Recovery 16' users on here ? Quick question.: With talk of Windows own disk imaging getting side-lined when the next big Windows Feature Update is released I thought I would at least look at alternatives. Macrium I'm familiar with, Paragon I was curious over. I tried both the full trial version of Paragon Backup and...
  9. Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 Free for limited period

Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 Free for limited period: At Paragon Software, we believe that system and data protection is underrated by many users. Unfortunately, this subset of users only think about safeguarding their PCs after disaster has already struck. For a limited period, we're therefore offering the software for...
  10. Miracast Mirroring Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Miracast Mirroring Issues: Hello, I'm having problems with miracast mirroring on Windows 10 1511 When I updated to Windows 10 the miracast worked fine for a time, but with no other reason the screen mirroring stopped to work. Every time I try to connect to my TV the computer screen start to flickering...