Windows 10: Parallel batch jobs in one scheduled task

Discus and support Parallel batch jobs in one scheduled task in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Parallel batch jobs in one scheduled task hi, This should be an easy answer. I want to create one scheduled task, it will be called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Janning, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Janning Win User

Parallel batch jobs in one scheduled task

hi,

This should be an easy answer. I want to create one scheduled task, it will be called "CLEAR_PHOTOSBYDATE", see attached pic or (approximate example, not literal job...yet)

http://www.aanning.com/ajissues/Para..._tasks/ss1.jpg

In this task I will have several batch jobs. I know how to set it up to run them consecutively, 1st one runs, the 2nd will not run till first completes. I want it to kick of the first batch job, then immediately kick off the 2nd, 3rd etc., I want to run them all at once in parallel.
    How is this done?
    Thanks James.

:)

Janning, Oct 15, 2016

2. How to run concurrent batch jobs in task scheduler

This should be an easy answer. I want to create one scheduled task, it will be called "CLEAR_PHOTOSBYDATE", see attached pic or (approximate example, not literal job...yet)

http://www.aanning.com/ajissues/Para..._tasks/ss1.jpg

In this task I will have several batch jobs. I know how to set it up to run them consecutively, 1st one runs, the 2nd will not run till first completes. I want it to kick of the first batch job, then immediately kick off the 2nd, 3rd etc., I want to run
    them all at once in parallel.

How is this done?

Thanks James.

Janning197, Oct 15, 2016
  3. Sheduled task does not run with the allocated user id.

I am having problems running a simple batch file from Task Scheduler. When started manually from a desktop shortcut the batch file works correctly, when initiated by task scheduler the batch file runs but none of the commands it contains DIR, COPY, etc.
    execute. Looking at the Task history I notice that the Task Completion message does not end with the '...for user "PCname\Userid" ' phrase which all other successful Task Completion messages do. It appears that the userid (which is assigned to the
    task) are not being associated with the executing job by Task Scheduler.

It is probably relevant to note that this is the first scheduled task that I have created since migrating to W10 (64) but other tasks which I had created in W7 & migrated all run correctly as do tasks newly set up in W10 by recently installed applications.

Can anyone suggest a fix please?

Regard, Rick

RickVivian, Oct 15, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Helps to know what each task that you want to do. Also is this on a server, laptop or desktop.

Also why do you eant to clear the data if pictures.

bro67, Oct 15, 2016
  5. Janning Win User
    Because its tied to WEB cams that detect motion, gets big over time....takes up space. I'll put the whole batch system, you can see. I know I'll be slammed on technique and "why this and why that" and you "should do this"..
    Keep in mind, its a work In progress, and as with all code, it started small and grew on what was there instead of complete redesign. Basically I just need to kick off simultaneous batch jobs, the rest I can clean up later.
    Whats there now, is what I copy pasted from my original bat file, in an effort to have one bat, use "start" command to kick off 8 other bat all at once. START CLEAR_PHOTOSBYDATE_M.BAT, should kick off 0-7 files

If you go to below, I had to rename all the .bat to .txt so they can be opened here.

http://www.aanning.com/ajissues/Para...uled_tasks/af/

Janning, Oct 15, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    First stop linking the text output that you want us to look at. Second post the text output into a post, otherwise you are going to be running yourself in circles. Third if this is a DVR program you are developing on your own, what are you using for this? Also you are talking about something that needs to be a part of your code to be able to run schedules on. It is not something you can have Windows do outside of the program, otherwise you are going to screw up the databases for your DVR program and end up with a bigger headache.

bro67, Oct 16, 2016
  7. Janning Win User
    1) I didn't link text output I linked a picture, then asked what each task does...its WAY easier to look at in this method, as opposed to all posted like a novel. 2) Not sure how there'd be any "circles"...pretty st forward to follow 3) Its not a DVR program, and makes no difference what I'm using it for, I need a generic method to run any job concurrent with another. 4) No data bases...again, Its not a DVR program, and makes no difference what I'm using it for, I need a generic method to run any job concurrent with another.....5) I figured it all out...was pretty easy, just needed some feedback to get thinking....so, thanks!

Janning, Oct 16, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Still do not link pictures, place them inline into the post. The easy way is to keep the scheduling in the program code. Having an OS do Housekeeping is only asking for headaches.

bro67, Oct 16, 2016
  9. Janning Win User
    We must be talking about two very different process. There is noway writing code for the scheduling of something like I want, would be easier than point n click setups in the GUI, and I'm saying this, "as a software developer"...only since 1984, but still a developer

Janning, Oct 16, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    Yes you are looking at this as just let the OS do the duty of something that is required to have the program that is handling the cameras do it. I have already stated that you need to use a schedule in the program, not to let Windows handle that housekeeping. Otherwise it will cause a bunch of database problems when the program tries to do anything with the images from the cameras.

bro67, Oct 16, 2016
  11. Janning Win User
    READ my request...I ONLY want a generic solotion for multi .bat kick off. I do not have ANY data bases...there's no data base....and I am familiar with "what" a database is....I'm an ORacle dB developer for 20 years now.....so, hear me well....there is no database involved.

Janning, Oct 16, 2016
  12. valihrach Win User
    You may use the Start command to run several child CMD files simultaneously from one parent.
    Start

Try these three files:

*batch.cmd*
    start task1
    start task2

*task1.cmd*
    pause First task
    exit

*task2.cmd*
    pause Second task
    exit

Take notice of "exit" commands, they are necessary to close child cmd windows.

-------------------------------
    bro67 looks like a random text generator, just ignore it.

valihrach, Oct 16, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

The generic request is to let the program you are using to do it. Windows will mess up your database. It does not matter how long you have been developing databases. It is the fact that you are going the wrong direction in what you want to do. Regardless if there is a database or not. Wanting to use Windows task manager is going to break things.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Parallel batch jobs in one scheduled task - Similar Threads - Parallel batch jobs

2. Task scheduler is not running jobs properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler is not running jobs properly: I had set up multiple jobs in Task Scheduler which runs for every 15min time interval each and 4 jobs with difference of 2-3 min each one after one which took 15min- 2hr time to complete depending on jobbut it goes in running status for infinite times and could not end jobs...
  3. Task scheduler is not running jobs properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler is not running jobs properly: I had set up multiple jobs in Task Scheduler which runs for every 15min time interval each and 4 jobs with difference of 2-3 min each one after one which took 15min- 2hr time to complete depending on jobbut it goes in running status for infinite times and could not end jobs...
  4. Task scheduler is not running jobs properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task Scheduler - Batch File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler - Batch File: I am attempting to use Task Scheduler to run a batch file automatically every day. I am following instructions that I found on the Web. As far as I can tell I have set up Task Scheduler correctly, the only problem being that it doesn't run! I have uploaded screenshots of the...
  6. Task Scheduler - Batch File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler - Batch File: I am attempting to use Task Scheduler to run a batch file automatically every day. I am following instructions that I found on the Web. As far as I can tell I have set up Task Scheduler correctly, the only problem being that it doesn't run! I have uploaded screenshots of the...
  7. What Could Be Disabling Batch Files Scheduled in Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    What Could Be Disabling Batch Files Scheduled in Task Scheduler?: I'm using Win10 Pro 2004. I go to Win-R > taskschd.msc > Task Scheduler Library. I see a number of batch files that I have scheduled to run at various times. I see that today, like yesterday, their status is Disabled. Yesterday, when I saw that, I right-clicked > Enable. But...
  8. Invoke scheduled task from batch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Invoke scheduled task from batch?: Is there any way to invoke a scheduled task from a script? I know the tasks can be manually invoked from the Task Scheduler's GUI so maybe there's a way to do it programmatically. Yes? 165093
  9. Problems automating a batch file with task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems automating a batch file with task scheduler: I want run this bat file from task scheduler @Rem %pf% expands to the right program location depending if it is x86 or x64 system @setlocal @set pf=%ProgramFiles% @if not "[%ProgramFiles(x86)%]"=="[]" set pf=%ProgramFiles(x86)% @Rem %macropath% expands to the demo...
  10. bat job started by Task Scheduler does not pause

in Windows 10 Support
    bat job started by Task Scheduler does not pause: In the last week or so all bat jobs started by Task Scheduler have not paused. Previously, I would find a black CMD window open, waiting for me to hit return to close the window. The following test indicates that the bat job ran, but it did not pause. TEST.BAT time /T >...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. easy batch parallel job scheduler