Windows 10: Parallel port set to EPP in BIOS shows as ECP in W10 x64

Discus and support Parallel port set to EPP in BIOS shows as ECP in W10 x64 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have the parallel port set to EPP mode in the BIOS but Device Manager shows it as ECP. Is this normal? Thanks Dave 77791 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by perdrix, Feb 20, 2017.

1. perdrix Win User

Parallel port set to EPP in BIOS shows as ECP in W10 x64

I have the parallel port set to EPP mode in the BIOS but Device Manager shows it as ECP.

Is this normal?

Thanks
    Dave

:)

perdrix, Feb 20, 2017
  2. MikeS_878 Win User

Windows 10 & LPT Parallel Printer Port.

You're welcome! My parallel port is a PCI card with an LPT port. When I originally purchased it I was running Windows 7.

The card is a Parallel PCI Express Card, One Port, x1 Lane manufactured by Manhattan, Model Number 158176. It was $29.99 when I purchased it.

• Adds One Parallel Port to a Desktop Computer
    • Supports SPP, EPP and ECP Ports
    • Fits PCI Express x1, x2, x4, x8 and x16 Lane Buses
    • Fits Regular and Low-Profile slots
    • Plug and Play Installation
    • Windows 7 Compatible
    I hope this helps.

MikeS_878, Feb 20, 2017
  3. HP Laserjet 1100 does not work with Windows 10

I have Dell desktop with the Laserjet 1100 connected to the parallel port and I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1511. I set the BIOS to ECP with no DMA assignment (it was originally set to PS/2. Then in Win 10, in Device Manager, under Ports, go to the properties
    of the ECP Printer Port (LPT1). Go to the Port Settings tab. I selected Use any interrupt assigned to the port and I checked Enable legacy Plug and Play detection. Printing works now. As of this writing, I do not know if you really need to check Enable
    legacy Plug and Play detection to make things work, but I'm pretty sure the other option is what fixed the problem. Hope this helps anyone with a similar setup.

MakaveliRises, Feb 20, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Yes, this is normal. EPP is for non-printer peripherals. ECP is for printers and scanners.

spunk, Feb 20, 2017
  5. perdrix Win User
    OK thanks, now to work out why VMWare thinks it is in use *Sad

Dave

perdrix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Parallel port set to EPP in BIOS shows as ECP in W10 x64 - Similar Threads - Parallel port set

2. BIOS advanced settings not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS advanced settings not showing: hello therei have a lenovo ideapad l340 gaming laptop with nvidia gtx 1650i've been having a very bad problem "laptop not detecting my nvidia gpu" and after some researches i found that this problem can be fixed by checking the BIOS advanced settings , some say "it could be...
  3. BIOS advanced settings not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS advanced settings not showing: hello therei have a lenovo ideapad l340 gaming laptop with nvidia gtx 1650i've been having a very bad problem "laptop not detecting my nvidia gpu" and after some researches i found that this problem can be fixed by checking the BIOS advanced settings , some say "it could be...
  4. Parallel port issue in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Parallel port issue in windows 10: i am trying to use ATmel isp programmer to program Microcontroller. while installing Atmel isp programmer Error comes like DriverLINX port I/O DriverDLportio.sys device driver not loaded. port I/O will have no effect..Am facing this issue in windows 10. Tried installing Dll...
  5. Parallel port issue in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parallel port issue in windows 10: i am trying to use ATmel isp programmer to program Microcontroller. while installing Atmel isp programmer Error comes like DriverLINX port I/O DriverDLportio.sys device driver not loaded. port I/O will have no effect..Am facing this issue in windows 10. Tried installing Dll...
  6. Parallel port issue in windows 10

7. AutoRuns Showing File Unknown and EPP Unsigned.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AutoRuns Showing File Unknown and EPP Unsigned.: Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!Recently I found out about AutoRuns and I decided to check them out to see what runs on startup.I ran it and found some file not founds and EPP EndPoint Protection is in red and is not verified by Microsoft which is odd considering its...
  8. AutoRuns Showing File Unknown and EPP Unsigned.

AutoRuns Showing File Unknown and EPP Unsigned.: Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!Recently I found out about AutoRuns and I decided to check them out to see what runs on startup.I ran it and found some file not founds and EPP EndPoint Protection is in red and is not verified by Microsoft which is odd considering its...
  9. BIOS setting and W7 to W10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS setting and W7 to W10 Upgrade: I'm looking to help someone upgrade a fairly new desktop PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the MCT method. When we installed Windows 7 on this machine I recall going into the UEFI BIOS and changing the Boot > Safe Boot > OS Type setting from the default "Windows UEFI...
  10. USB port to Parallel cable not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port to Parallel cable not recognized: My Epson printer had been working with an Epson Dot matrix printer using a Gagawire USP to Parallel cable but recent updates have cause this to not be recognized or a drive found. This is needed to print multipart invoices. I had been using with W10 and had not been having...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usp to lpt port settings IN WINDOWS 10

2. which slot on motherboard for install parallel epp

3. ecp to epp mode bios

4. windows 10 add epp port,
  5. w10 paralell port config