Windows 10: Pardon my NERO Rant

Discus and support Pardon my NERO Rant in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My bitch was the install problem that NERO should have owned up to. No worries mate, we just like to hear ourselves talk....*Devil Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fireberd, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Rickkins Win User

Pardon my NERO Rant

No worries mate, we just like to hear ourselves talk....*Devil

Rickkins, Mar 24, 2014
  2. Wenda Win User

Heheheh! You too?

I started using Ashampoo with version 5 (I think) years ago when I finally got peed with my Nero version not working on the Vista release candidate. Never bothered to go bac to Nero, just upgrade the Ashampoo one every so often.

Never had any problems with it, and the later versions are pretty feature-packed without being bloated. Often, there is a 'free' version as well, usually a cut-down earlier 'paid' one, which will suit almost every casual burning/ripping/iso creation requirements.

And as an added bonus, if you register with them, you get the occasional decent free program and good discounts on their new ones.

This isn't an ad, either, paid or otherwise. It's just a good program which I'm happy to recommend... *Tongue

Wenda, Apr 7, 2014
  3. fireberd Win User
    As I've previously posted, several times, other programs that I've tried including Ashampoo, do not have all the features I require and are in Nero BurningRom. The other programs have some but not all the available functions that are in Nero. Even the High $$ Sony CD Architect that is used by many recording studios does not have all the needed features.

fireberd, Apr 7, 2014
  4. Wenda Win User

Pardon my NERO Rant

Yes, we do get your point, and it appears that some of us have had problems of various kinds with Nero, and have some empathy with you. And we do get that other software may not do what you personally need.

Someone may enter the thread with just the info you need, maybe not.

But in the meantime, we are only offering suggestions in an effort to help, not to try to 'convert' you, or make light of your issues.

BTW, I agree wholeheartedly with your comment re 'vendor finger-pointing'. It's frustrating in the extreme, when all you want is to get your issue resolved.

Wenda, Apr 8, 2014
  5. fireberd Win User
    Well, I appreciate the efforts but it does no good for someone to post and promote their favorite burning application. It was not the point of the post. The point of the post was my frustration with an installation problem that the vendor (Nero) would not, or could not, fix; and with its your OS problem or whatever and not mine.

I worked 23 years as a LAN/WAN Network and Hardware Help Desk Manager in a multi-vendor environment. I had enough of the vendor finger pointing with that.

fireberd, Apr 8, 2014
  6. snerd Win User
    I've used ImgBurn for so long, I didn't know there were others! *Thumbs

Oop's!! Sorry!

snerd, Apr 13, 2014
  7. I bought my first copy of NERO when it was still an infant.
    I then upgraded time after time till I got to Nero 9, which I absolutely Hated. I then went back to using Nero 8 and that's the same version I use today, on every OS up to and including 8.1. Works Great for everything I need it to do.

ImgBurn does all my ISO creation and burning. It's simple and never fails.

So as 'they' say, "different strokes for different folks".
    Each person has to decide what works best for him/her and then use that program.

Just like I've tried every OS from DOS 2.0 to Windows 8.1/64 and I find that XP-Pro-SP3 works best for my needs and desires. Go figure!

My computer is feature rich and capable of running any OS in 32 bit or 64 bit mode, yet, here I sit just chugging along in XP/32. *Smile I nic-named it the "HAL 9000".
    It runs Nero 8 beautifully!

Y'all have a great day now, Y'hear?
    TM *Cool

TechnoMage, Jun 2, 2014
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

Pardon my NERO Rant

Hmmmmmmmmmmm! This thread dates back to April. . .Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

9. And that's significant......why?

TechnoMage, Jun 2, 2014
  10. A Guy Win User
    It's aging well? *Biggrin

A Guy, Jun 2, 2014
  11. Rickkins Win User
    Like a fine whine...????:angelic:

Rickkins, Jun 3, 2014
  12. badrobot Win User
    I'm aware that this is an old thread but I'd like to second Ashampoo... got my full license version from one of the "Giveaways". *Smile

badrobot, Jun 3, 2014
  13. Wenda Win User

Pardon my NERO Rant

Yes, I also use Burning Studio 12, no complaints.

Wenda, Jun 8, 2014
  14. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    If this discussion is still going - Version 9 - you can ignore the XML error - I don't think it effects the program in any way. I think Version 8 had problems running at all on the initial release of Windows 8 -- I'm using Windows 8.1 update 1 so I don't know if it's been fixed.

I agree though while alternative software suggestions are fine there are some situations where you are forced to use the software you are posting about so alternatives aren't the answer.

I still need XP to run some VINYL cutting applications -- fortunately I can run the XP in a Virtual machine - the Studio Vinyl application works fine. (There's a bigger market for Vinyl out there than some might think -- I even cut a few 78's (!!!) for some people who like to play around with some of the old wind up "gramophones" with the huge horn thing !!

You could try running your NERO and Studio app say in a Win 7 or even an XP Virtual machine -- depending on the hardware complexity it should work just fine --then you needn't worry about NERO not working in future when Windows is updated.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 10, 2014
  15. CountMike New Member
    Well, Nero Burning Rom used to be almost only disk burning program that was worth something. Once I splurged for whole suite that had some great MM features. They started adding more and more stuff until it become bloated like a stranded whale, started to spy on users and became all but impossible to get rid of. Remember cleaning up files and registry for couple of days after I made my mind that I had enough of their antics. Since than, not even in zipped format I would not let it in my computer.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Pardon my NERO Rant

1. Pardon my NERO Rant - Similar Threads - Pardon NERO Rant

2. RANT AHEAD!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RANT AHEAD!!: Pardon my French, but f*** Microsoft/Windows and anything else they’re affiliated with!! I have been trying to fix my HP Laptop for TWO WEEKS NOW! I’m not looking for suggestions bc I tried them ALL! Advanced startup - ALL options have failed. Command prompt - FAILED....
  3. RANT AHEAD!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RANT AHEAD!!: Pardon my French, but f*** Microsoft/Windows and anything else they’re affiliated with!! I have been trying to fix my HP Laptop for TWO WEEKS NOW! I’m not looking for suggestions bc I tried them ALL! Advanced startup - ALL options have failed. Command prompt - FAILED....
  4. RANT AHEAD!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Pardon Our Interruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pardon Our Interruption: Hi, I'm trying to open well known ticketing websites I have log/ins accounts with e.g. Ticketmaster etc...I keep getting the error message Pardon Our Interruption see below Also, the link in the error message is broken HTTP ERROR 503. This is really frustrating as i recently...
  6. Pardon Our Interruption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pardon Our Interruption: Hi, I'm trying to open well known ticketing websites I have log/ins accounts with e.g. Ticketmaster etc...I keep getting the error message Pardon Our Interruption see below Also, the link in the error message is broken HTTP ERROR 503. This is really frustrating as i recently...
  7. Pardon Our Interruption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows rant

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows rant: [ATTACH] Not here to talk bk n forth about it, just a rant I literally cannot help but notice more than ever these idiotic stuff pertaining to the way windows decides to operate.. First of all I use single and NOT double click to select things. Now, why is it when...
  9. Nero

in Windows 10 Support
    Nero: Using Windows10 and have a DVD/CD but need a Nero player. There are so many on their web site which do all sorts of different things but all I want is something to create a copy and play a disc. Which one should I purchase please? Cheers. 113054
  10. Nero

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nero: Nero 12 will not install on Windows 10. They want $59 for update. 92019