Windows 10: Partial Encryption of Laptop

Discus and support Partial Encryption of Laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all. I use to use TrueCrypt so that I could have only part of my laptop encrypted, and now TrueCrypt is no more *Sad. Can somebody suggest a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by winchesterstoke, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Partial Encryption of Laptop

Hi all.

I use to use TrueCrypt so that I could have only part of my laptop encrypted, and now TrueCrypt is no more *Sad.
    Can somebody suggest a replacement for TrueCrypt: I want to have an encrypted volume/part of my laptop on my laptop. I want the rest of the laptop not to be encrypted.

Any help really appreciated!

:)

winchesterstoke, Aug 22, 2017
  2. s. west Win User

After failed ecription cannot clean install through repair disc

I attempted to encrypt my windows 10 home laptop using DiskCryptor and the encryption failed. I have a win 10 repair disk and attempted a clean install. An

attempting repairs comes up and "automatic repair couldn't repair your PC" comes up. How do I reinstall a clean copy of windows 10 home? Did the partial encryption ruin this drive? Please help!

windows 10 encrypted attempting to repair failed- Original Title

s. west, Aug 22, 2017
  3. Entegy Win User
    I Was Excited About Cortana Until I Got It And Read The Ready To Get Started Information

The entire device is encrypted. Partial encryption would fail the policy and the Exchange account wouldn't sync.
    ...yes?

Entegy, Aug 22, 2017
  4. mike s Win User

Partial Encryption of Laptop

The final release of TrueCrypt is still functional but no longer maintained or supported. Deep dark rumblings about security holes and the like, have pretty much been debunked.

If you want something actively maintained, VeraCrypt is built upon, and expanded from the TrueCrypt code base, and also includes a "compatability mode" that will still allow the use of older Truecrypt-encrypted containers and partitions.

mike s, Aug 23, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    Or (if you have 10 Pro) you could make a VHDX and encrypt it with bitlocker.

6. Thank!

VeraCrypt is perfect for me.

Appreciate the help Partial Encryption of Laptop :)

winchesterstoke, Aug 27, 2017
  7. mike s Win User
    Fantastic - you're welcome!

mike s, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Partial Encryption of Laptop

1. Partial Encryption of Laptop - Similar Threads - Partial Encryption Laptop

2. Win11 laptop screen partially unresponsive to touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 laptop screen partially unresponsive to touchpad: Dell XPS 15 9510 Win11 Home fully updated.There is a strange intermittent behavior.. occasionally the left half of the laptop screen is unresponsive to touchpad left or right clicks but the screen pointer can be moved with touchpad. The right part of screen is fully...
  3. Win11 laptop screen partially unresponsive to touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 laptop screen partially unresponsive to touchpad: Dell XPS 15 9510 Win11 Home fully updated.There is a strange intermittent behavior.. occasionally the left half of the laptop screen is unresponsive to touchpad left or right clicks but the screen pointer can be moved with touchpad. The right part of screen is fully...
  4. Partial display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Partial display: I am currently unable to view part of one of my current accounts online I am able to sign into the account, but the screen is only displaying the background menu tabs with nothing where the recent activity would normally be Additionally, all of the other tabs "daily...
  5. My laptop partially freeze, help pls :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop partially freeze, help pls :(: Hello, im new on Reddit. Im having a problem with my pc (Dell e7440, 16gb ram, 500hdd, i5vpro). After using it to watch youtube, sometimes it freezes partially. Idk what coul be the problem, im going to add a link so you guys can see what im talking about. Thanks! Dell e7440...
  6. Bitlocker partially encrypted my hard drive - password not working - unable to read data.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker partially encrypted my hard drive - password not working - unable to read data.: Hi, I attached a removable hard drive with my office laptop. I mistakenly choose to bitlocker encryption. Bitlocker started encryption and stopped at 76%. After waiting for long time I removed it from laptop. After that I tried to read the data using my office laptop and home...
  7. Partial Clone?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Partial Clone?: I'd like to make a bootable copy of my computer's current state. I have many videos, photos, documents that I don't need to backup with this operation in order to save space. So I basically want a clone without all the multimedia files. That way i could boot from it and still...
  8. partial greyscale

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    partial greyscale: the center one third or so of my monitor has a vertical greyscale covering about the center one third of the monitor. turning color monitor on of off does no good. windows 10 - hp pavilion computer. thanks for any help...
  9. Partially encrypted drive with BitLocker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partially encrypted drive with BitLocker: [Sorry for my terrible English, I am not an American nor a Briton.] Hello, several days before, I was removing BitLocker from an external hard drive in PowerShell, but then I suddenly had to leave and the process was stuck at 30% encrypted. Yesterday, I accidentally deleted...
  10. Laptop Security Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop Security Encryption: Hey all. Does anyone have any suggest for keeping their laptop secure? I use antivirus protection but its free but it seems okay. I want to know, do people here all have a password when they start up their laptop? I do not have one so if someone had access to my laptop...