Windows 10: Participate in the 2018 Windows Developer Community Pulse

Discus and support Participate in the 2018 Windows Developer Community Pulse in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Every year, we ask for just a few minutes of your time so that we can better understand how the developer community uses the Windows platform and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Participate in the 2018 Windows Developer Community Pulse

Source: Participate in the 2018 Windows Developer Community Pulse - Windows Developer Blog

:)

Brink, Apr 17, 2018

2. Why I Participate in the Microsoft Community

First and foremost I participate in order to GET something. Help with my computer issues, software problems, virus and malware questions, and all that.

I am also here to share solutions I have found to some of these problems either on my own or with the aid of others.

This is the "Pay it forward" philosophy. I was helped so I try to help others.

I am not here to pose as some sort of computer expert. The Community has enough of those and SOME of them actually ARE experts. (Many of the poseurs are not---I'll leave you to decide which are which).

Nor am I participating in order to gratify my ego (although I certainly feel pleased when someone acknowledges that I have helped them...and that happens all too rarely. Have you ever noticed how may OPs just disappear after awhile? One assumes their problem
    was resolved but never quite knows how or with whose help).

SO....anyway...that's why I am here.

NOW: IF I jump in and try to help YOU what can you expect?

Well, first of all I will be telling you how great Windows 10 is compared to every other Windows O/S I have ever used...and I have used all of them since Windows '95. And I liked every one of them once I became familiar with it. (Yes, I even liked Windows
    Vista once I figured out how to turn off all the nag ware it came with).

But Windows 10 is the best yet in my not-so-humble opinion. I like that Cortana can open my programs and my files and folders as the result of a verbal command so I don't have to hunt around for tiles and things. (Believe me...when YOU are old enough to
    get severe arthritis---assuming they haven't found a cure for that by then---you will appreciate it too!)

"Hey Cortana, open This PC, or Settings or Edge or iTunes or (insert name of folder here)" is very cool.

(Scotty was right, keyboards are so quaint).

And I am impressed by the latest version of Windows Defender Antivirus that came with the Fall Creators Update (which fixed the issue with the Windows Defender Offline Scan among other things).

And I am generally impressed with how Microsoft stays on top of Security Issues generally.

Here is an excellent page to learn about that: Antimalware and cybersecurity portal - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Others will send you to links that purport to be Microsoft supported. They call themselves by various names like Windows 10 Forums and Tom's Hardware and so on. I'm not saying they are good or bad. But they are not Microsoft so I stay away from them mostly.
    (Always look for the Microsoft - Official Home Page on the box).

See you around, dudes and dudettes

f57c395e-c2ee-4d0c-af92-9ac0695cb1ea, Apr 17, 2018
  3. When the new Elite controller will be available to purchase

Hi guys do you know when the New 2018 Elite Microsoft controller will be available to purchase .

Kind regards

* Moved from Community Participation Center

BannerMeerkat19, Apr 17, 2018
Thema:

Participate in the 2018 Windows Developer Community Pulse

1. Participate in the 2018 Windows Developer Community Pulse - Similar Threads - Participate 2018 Developer

2. How can I post to Developer Community?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I post to Developer Community?: Here: How can I create a named pipe?, Nikhar_K suggested I submit the question to Developer Community.But when I go to Developer Community and click Ask a question, I'm taken to the following blank...
  3. You can now participate in /Data Developer Economics Q1 2021 Survey

in Windows 10 News
    You can now participate in /Data Developer Economics Q1 2021 Survey: [ATTACH] The /Data Developer Economics Q1 2021 Survey is now open! Every year more than 30,000 developers around the world participate in this survey. Take the survey now to share your experience as a developer and your perspective on the future of the software industry....
  4. Community Participation Centre changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Community Participation Centre changes: I've a query about outlook.com and before posting it here I thought I'd look at the outlook.com forum via CPC. It's no longer shown there - nor are any of the other specifics ie [ATTACH] When were the changes made and where can I read about them please - or am I missing...
  5. 2018 Winners of Windows Developer Awards

in Windows 10 News
    2018 Winners of Windows Developer Awards: The excitement at Microsoft Build 2018 kicked off on May 6 with the annual presentation of the Windows Developer Awards, which acknowledge the hard work that goes into making great applications. In a room full of the some of the best and brightest Windows developers,...
  6. Announcing the second annual Windows Developer Awards 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the second annual Windows Developer Awards 2018: This is your chance to recognize developers in the Windows community for their outstanding work over the past year. Nominations are open through March 8th. Application Creator of the Year Leveraging the latest Windows 10 capabilities Exploring the latest Windows 10...
  7. Microsoft and Azure at the Game Developers Conference 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft and Azure at the Game Developers Conference 2018: Start Your Visit at the Azure Booth We invite you to come to the South Hall Lower Lobby of the Moscone Center and stop by our dedicated Azure booth to learn how you can create a gaming empire by building on the gaming cloud that has powered Xbox for years. The Azure...
  8. Watch Windows Community Standup April 18, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Windows Community Standup April 18, 2018: Announcing another edition of Windows Community Standup! Tune into @Ch9 on April 18th at 10am PST to hear the latest updates from Kevin Gallo @kevintgallo and Tara Raj @tara_msft. Kevin Gallo, VP of Windows Developer Platform, is hosting the next Windows Community Standup...
  9. Windows Community Standup on January 18th, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Community Standup on January 18th, 2018: Kevin Gallo, VP of Windows Developer Platform, is hosting the next Windows Community Standup on January 18th, 2018 at 10:00am PST on Channel 9! Kevin will be discussing the Always Connected PC, with guest speakers Erin Chapple (GM) and Hari Pulapaka (Principal Group...
  10. Windows Community Standup on February 22, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Community Standup on February 22, 2018: During our February Windows Community Standup, we discussed three long-awaited features that add a new dimension to how you build UWP apps. Based on developer feedback these topics are top of mind – multi-instance support, UWP console applications and broader file system...