Windows 10: partition became unallocated after windows 10 update

Discus and support partition became unallocated after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Apologies if this is posted and/or belongs elsewhere. Interesting start to the weekend with Friday evening booting up my pc to find that Thursdays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sam10miller, Jan 30, 2016.

1. partition became unallocated after windows 10 update

Apologies if this is posted and/or belongs elsewhere.

Interesting start to the weekend with Friday evening booting up my pc to find that Thursdays overnight update had left my partition drive unallocated. Read around for a few hours and found that reinstalling my acronis virtual disk driver would be the way to go. All seemed well and then there was another windows update and again the beyond the 2TB partition was gone. This time there is no fix with reinstalling the virtual disk driver and I don't want to mess around and wipe the perfectly good partition that Windows 10 has decided is not a fan of.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

sam10miller, Jan 30, 2016

2. partition became unallocated after windows 10 update

Apologies if this is posted and/or belongs elsewhere.

Interesting start to the weekend with Friday evening booting up my pc to find that Thursdays overnight update had left my partition drive unallocated. Read around for a few hours and found that reinstalling my acronis virtual disk driver would be the way to
    go. All seemed well and then there was another windows update and again the beyond the 2TB partition was gone. This time there is no fix with reinstalling the virtual disk driver and I don't want to mess around and wipe the perfectly good partition that Windows
    10 has decided is not a fan of.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Sam10Miller, Jan 30, 2016
  3. partition became unallocated after windows 10 update

Hi Sam,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate that you have provided the information above.

As you have stated that your Virtual Disk is the one which is affected by the updates and your hard drive does not portray the same symptoms.
    It would be more appropriate to redirect your query to the IT Professionals on TechNet Forums who are well equipped with the knowledge on this issues.

You can click on the link below to post your query in technet forum.

Technet forums

I hope this will provide you the assistance that you require. Please feel free to contact Microsoft Community for Windows related queries

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 30, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

partition became unallocated after windows 10 update

Hi, you'll need a partition manager such as this to recover your partition(s) - hopefully...:
    MiniTool Free Partition Manager for Window 8/7/vista/xp | Partition Wizard Free Edition
    (See last section on recovery)

Note- there's also a free boot CD.

It depends which disk you need to recover- if separate from your OS, should be relatively easy.
    If it contains your OS, you'd need to use the boot CD and configure your BIOS or UEFI to boot from it - for example.

dalchina, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

partition became unallocated after windows 10 update

1. partition became unallocated after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - partition became unallocated

2. Moving Unallocated Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Unallocated Partition: I have some Unallocated space that is to the left of C:.I want to move it to the right of C: so I can add it to C:.Not sure how to do it.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-unallocated-partition/9be7e0e8-cebe-4772-94d4-a06138f8b2ed
  3. Merge unallocated partition with main partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merge unallocated partition with main partition: Hello volks! I've run into a problem... I cloned my 1tb HDD to a 2tb SSD yesterday. That was successfully completed, however, I'm now left with ~1tb unallocated storage on my cloned SSD. I now want to merge the unallocated storage with the Primary Partition where all the...
  4. Hard drive became Not Initialized Unallocated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive became Not Initialized Unallocated: My hard drive of size 1tb was working, but suddenly it was not showing. I opened control panel there it showed the drive. In disk management it was showing my disc was Not Initialized, unallocated, and its size was reduced to 931mb. It should an Initialize Disc tab but when I...
  5. Unallocated Partitions?

Unallocated Partitions?: does this disk management screen grab look ok? how about the two unallocated partitions in disk 0, can those be merged with c:? if so, is there a benefit? also, under volume it shows "disk 0 partition 2" and "disk 0 partition 5", is there a reason why the partitions numbers...
  6. Removing unallocated Partition

Removing unallocated Partition: I have a 600 meg unallocated partition. I've tried different methods to allocate it to the C drive with no luck. I can't move it beside the C drive either. Any suggestions?...
  7. Windows 10 Disk Partition Unallocated Space

Windows 10 Disk Partition Unallocated Space: How do I get my unallocated space to the C drive. (see attached picture) I can't expand the C partition because its grayed out. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-disk-partition-unallocated-space/0fdfabb6-2221-4dcb-a4e0-bc2a51ce8917"
  8. unallocated partition

unallocated partition: Not often I look in disk management, but now I see that I have an unallocated partition on my SSD. I am certain that in the past there was not such a thing. My question is what might be a possible reason that such a partition develops? 96903
  9. HDD Partition becomes unallocated after Windows 10 installation.

HDD Partition becomes unallocated after Windows 10 installation.: I have a SSD where my operating system is installed. I also have a 3 3TB drives. A 746.52 partition on one of the drives became unallocated after installation of windows 10. I've managed to recover all the data from the unallocated partition. Would now like to fix...
  10. Strange small unallocated partition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange small unallocated partition in Windows 10: Ok, so for my hard drive... it's been a wild ride... I first started partitioning my 2TB SATA Hard Drive for Hackintosh with multiple formats, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and a few disk checks... Recently I just deleted the other partitions and combined them into my...