Windows 10: Partition not showing up in Bitlocker Drive Encryption

Discus and support Partition not showing up in Bitlocker Drive Encryption in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone I have a problem with bitlocker. I formatted my SSD to have 3 partions next to C: D, E and F. As soon as I started encryption on the D &... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SomeRandomDisplayNameNGCo, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Partition not showing up in Bitlocker Drive Encryption

Hello everyone I have a problem with bitlocker.
    I formatted my SSD to have 3 partions next to C: D, E and F. As soon as I started encryption on the D & E drives, the option for F went away. I suspect it has something to do with the layout and and type of the partition because the setup works for me on another laptop, but those partitions are of the dynamic type instead of basic. If that is the case, Is it possible to change the partition type of only one of the partitions?

Thanks in advance

:)

SomeRandomDisplayNameNGCo, Aug 5, 2018

2. Activate Bitlocker for data drive partition

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

BitLocker
    Drive Encryption is one of the best security tools of Windows operating system. This feature of
    Windows 10 safeguards your stored data in fixed or removable drives of your storage system. When you turn on
    BitLocker it saves data on any drive and encrypt it automatically. When you encrypt drive, it
    protects everything with passwords on that drive whether it is file or document. In today’s
    Windows 10 tutorial, we will take you through Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker process with
    BitLocker which will support your system in protecting its data.

Get Into BitLocker Drive Encryption Window in Windows 10

To Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker you need to access BitLocker Encryption Window First. For this,

• Open Cortana Search.
    • Type BitLocker in the search field.
    • And in the search results select Manage BitLocker option.
    • BitLocker
      Drive Encryption window pops up on your screen.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 25, 2018
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee424315(v=ws.10).aspx

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Partition not showing up in Bitlocker Drive Encryption

Bitlocker drive got currupted

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

From the description, it appears that you were able to recover the data using third party application. So now, are you trying to encrypt/decrypt the bit locker in Windows 10?

I suggest you to check the below steps and see if it helps.

To Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker you need to access BitLocker Encryption Window First. For this,

• Open
      Cortana Search

• Type
      BitLocker
      in the search field.

• And in the search results select
      Manage BitLocker option.

• BitLocker
      Drive Encryption window pops up on your screen.
    How to Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker

• By following the above steps, you are into the
      BitLocker Drive Encryption window.

• Now you can see all the drives of your computer listed on that window.

• Look for the drive that you want to encrypt and click on
      Turn On BitLocker option of that drive to Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker.

• Another
      BitLocker Encryption
      window will appear on your screen.

• Here you will be asked
      How you want to unlock the drive.

• You have two options,
      password and smart card. I opted for the password method. So click on
      Use a password to unlock this drive.

• It will ask you to provide a strong
      password.

• Remember that you will need this password at every stage when you boot
      Windows 10. And also carefully remember the password as with the wrong password you will not be able to use encrypted system correctly.

• Click
      Next
      after entering and confirming the password.

• Now you will have to
      back up your recovery key. In future, if you face any difficulty in accessing the encrypted drives then this key will be helpful.

• Choose the preferred location and click
      Next.

• In the following window, you have decided that
      how much of a drive you will like to encrypt.

• Choose the desired option and click
      Next.

• The next window will ask
      Are you ready to encrypt the drive.

• Click on Start Encrypting
      option.

• The process of encryption drive partition is over.

• Restart your system.

• You will see that encrypted drive is locked.

• When you double-click it to open it, you will be asked to provide the
      password.

• Enter the
      password
      and click Unlock.

• On the
      Notification Area
      of the Taskbar, a pop-up box will appear showing you the encryption process going on in the background of the desktop.

• After the completion of the encryption, you will be informed about it.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Partition not showing up in Bitlocker Drive Encryption

1. Partition not showing up in Bitlocker Drive Encryption - Similar Threads - Partition showing Bitlocker

2. BitLocker encrypted drive shows as RAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker encrypted drive shows as RAW: I have a laptop with a corrupted BIOS so I tried backing up data from its SSD, but it was encrypted with BitLocker. It showed up in Drive Management as an Unallocated drive so I tried creating a Simple Volume to see if it would show up in Explorer or something like that. It...
  3. BitLocker encrypted drive shows as RAW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker encrypted drive shows as RAW: I have a laptop with a corrupted BIOS so I tried backing up data from its SSD, but it was encrypted with BitLocker. It showed up in Drive Management as an Unallocated drive so I tried creating a Simple Volume to see if it would show up in Explorer or something like that. It...
  4. Bitlocker encrypted drive inaccessible after extending partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encrypted drive inaccessible after extending partition: So I had an external USB HD with 2 partitions:large partition - Bitlocker encryptedsmall partition - unencryptedYesterday I decided that I would have the entire HD encrypted, so in Windows 11 Disk Manager I deleted the unencrypted partition and extended the Bitlocker...
  5. Bitlocker encrypted drive inaccessible after extending partition

Bitlocker encrypted drive inaccessible after extending partition: So I had an external USB HD with 2 partitions:large partition - Bitlocker encryptedsmall partition - unencryptedYesterday I decided that I would have the entire HD encrypted, so in Windows 11 Disk Manager I deleted the unencrypted partition and extended the Bitlocker...
  6. Recovering BitLocker encrypted partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering BitLocker encrypted partition: HiI had a drive partition "E" encrypted with BitLocker. My laptop broke and I had to swap the disk on a new laptop. Is there any way to recover data from that encrypted partition?It shows as an empty partition on the new laptop and I can also add more data to it, I don't know...
  7. Recovering BitLocker encrypted partition

Recovering BitLocker encrypted partition: HiI had a drive partition "E" encrypted with BitLocker. My laptop broke and I had to swap the disk on a new laptop. Is there any way to recover data from that encrypted partition?It shows as an empty partition on the new laptop and I can also add more data to it, I don't know...
  8. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Drive Encryption: I started to decrypt an external hard drive that I got from Seagate with my recovered files on it. Too late they contacted me and said that they didn't recommend my decrypting it but if I started it I needed to let it finish. They told me that I had to turn to MS to get...
  9. Disk encryption not showing up for partition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disk encryption not showing up for partition: Windows 10 Home Single Language Version: 2004 Build: 19041.329 I was using device encryption for a long time but off late I noticed that a partition for the HDD has encryption disabled & I cannot find an option to encrypt that partition. [ATTACH] Even in the device...
  10. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker Drive Encryption: I got 500 Gb drive , about 450 Gb of data I started the encryption process , it reached 58.7% and stuck there without a change since yesterday please advice. Thanks [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 disk management says c is encrypted bitlocker but explorer shows bitlocker is disabled

2. bitlocker drive not showing

3. fixed data drives doesnt show in bitlocker dynamic partition

4. partition not showing bitlocker,
  5. bitlocker not showing up in windows 10,
  6. bitlocker drive not showing in explorer,
  7. bitlocker does not give option to encrypt d drive,
  8. my drive is not shwing in bitlocker driver encryption what can i do,
  9. dynamic partition not show bitlocker windows 10,
  10. dcrive not shown in bitlocker,
  11. partition not showing up in fixed data drives,
  12. i made changes to my windows system now bitlocker drive partition doesnt show up,
  13. bitlock drive not showing up in windows,
  14. bitlocker encrypted partition not showing up,
  15. bitlocker option is now showing up in d: partition