Windows 10: Partition Problems

Discus and support Partition Problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am having issues with 2 of my 3 ssds. the only working one it the one windows in on. I have tried thru disk manager and diskpart to partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TJ Warren, May 21, 2024.

1. TJ Warren Win User

Partition Problems

Hello, I am having issues with 2 of my 3 ssds. the only working one it the one windows in on. I have tried thru disk manager and diskpart to partition them. I have cleaned them, rescanned them, uninstalled them. I have an external NVMe drive that where I removed them put them in that drive and formatted them on my laptop. brought them back to my desktop and same issue. I have downloaded the Samsung magician software and the drives are updated and no problem were found.

:)

TJ Warren, May 21, 2024
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 21, 2024
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Uninstall problem

Open the Admin Command Prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. List disk
    3. select disk # where # is the disk that contains hidden partitions
    4. list par
    5. select partition #
    6. delete partition OVERRIDE
    7. repeat steps 5 & 6 for the additional hidden partitions.
    8. exit
    OR:
    if you want to clean the whole disk, after step 3 above
    Type: clean
    Type: exit

topgundcp, May 21, 2024
  4. dalchina Win User

Partition Problems

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Partition Problems

1. Partition Problems - Similar Threads - Partition Problems

2. Problem Resizing Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Resizing Recovery Partition: I am getting the error: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643"From all the resources I have found this requires me to increase...
  3. Problem Resizing Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Resizing Recovery Partition: I am getting the error: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643"From all the resources I have found this requires me to increase...
  4. Problem Resizing Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Security Problems: Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI, EFI Partition, GUID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Problems: Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI, EFI Partition, GUID: These aren't just trash, they are toxic waste dump.Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI while it sounds promising, all it did was allow it easier to infect Windows. It has a partition on the hard drive to invite trojans in. The partitions are not secured. The only...
  6. Security Problems: Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI, EFI Partition, GUID

Security Problems: Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI, EFI Partition, GUID: These aren't just trash, they are toxic waste dump.Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI while it sounds promising, all it did was allow it easier to infect Windows. It has a partition on the hard drive to invite trojans in. The partitions are not secured. The only...
  7. Security Problems: Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI, EFI Partition, GUID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Partition Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition Problems: Hello, I am having issues with 2 of my 3 ssds. the only working one it the one windows in on. I have tried thru disk manager and diskpart to partition them. I have cleaned them, rescanned them, uninstalled them. I have an external NVMe drive that where I removed them put them...
  9. My Windows 11 Laptop has a problem with its partition table

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 Laptop has a problem with its partition table: Hey guys, I am running a Windows 11actually 10, my pc does not support 11 but I am rolling back later laptop.My PC supports UEFI but when i installed Windows I had CSM on so my pc was installed with an MBR disk. I did not worry about it for a few years but recently I tried to...
  10. My Windows 11 Laptop has a problem with its partition table

My Windows 11 Laptop has a problem with its partition table: Hey guys, I am running a Windows 11actually 10, my pc does not support 11 but I am rolling back later laptop.My PC supports UEFI but when i installed Windows I had CSM on so my pc was installed with an MBR disk. I did not worry about it for a few years but recently I tried to...