Windows 10: Partition Problems

Discus and support Partition Problems in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I am having issues with 2 of my 3 ssds. the only working one it the one windows in on. I have tried thru disk manager and diskpart to partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TJ Warren, May 21, 2024.

1. TJ Warren Win User

Partition Problems

Hello, I am having issues with 2 of my 3 ssds. the only working one it the one windows in on. I have tried thru disk manager and diskpart to partition them. I have cleaned them, rescanned them, uninstalled them. I have an external NVMe drive that where I removed them put them in that drive and formatted them on my laptop. brought them back to my desktop and same issue. I have downloaded the Samsung magician software and the drives are updated and no problem were found.

:)

TJ Warren, May 21, 2024
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 21, 2024
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Uninstall problem

Open the Admin Command Prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. List disk
    3. select disk # where # is the disk that contains hidden partitions
    4. list par
    5. select partition #
    6. delete partition OVERRIDE
    7. repeat steps 5 & 6 for the additional hidden partitions.
    8. exit
    OR:
    if you want to clean the whole disk, after step 3 above
    Type: clean
    Type: exit

topgundcp, May 21, 2024
  4. dalchina Win User

Partition Problems

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Partition Problems

1. Partition Problems - Similar Threads - Partition Problems

2. Problem Resizing Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Resizing Recovery Partition: I am getting the error: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643"From all the resources I have found this requires me to increase...
  3. Problem Resizing Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Resizing Recovery Partition: I am getting the error: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643"From all the resources I have found this requires me to increase...
  4. Problem Resizing Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Security Problems: Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI, EFI Partition, GUID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Problems: Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI, EFI Partition, GUID: These aren't just trash, they are toxic waste dump.Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI while it sounds promising, all it did was allow it easier to infect Windows. It has a partition on the hard drive to invite trojans in. The partitions are not secured. The only...
  6. Security Problems: Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI, EFI Partition, GUID

Security Problems: Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI, EFI Partition, GUID: These aren't just trash, they are toxic waste dump.Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI while it sounds promising, all it did was allow it easier to infect Windows. It has a partition on the hard drive to invite trojans in. The partitions are not secured. The only...
  7. Security Problems: Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI, EFI Partition, GUID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Partition Problems

Partition Problems: Hello, I am having issues with 2 of my 3 ssds. the only working one it the one windows in on. I have tried thru disk manager and diskpart to partition them. I have cleaned them, rescanned them, uninstalled them. I have an external NVMe drive that where I removed them put them...
  9. My Windows 11 Laptop has a problem with its partition table

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 Laptop has a problem with its partition table: Hey guys, I am running a Windows 11actually 10, my pc does not support 11 but I am rolling back later laptop.My PC supports UEFI but when i installed Windows I had CSM on so my pc was installed with an MBR disk. I did not worry about it for a few years but recently I tried to...
  10. My Windows 11 Laptop has a problem with its partition table

My Windows 11 Laptop has a problem with its partition table: Hey guys, I am running a Windows 11actually 10, my pc does not support 11 but I am rolling back later laptop.My PC supports UEFI but when i installed Windows I had CSM on so my pc was installed with an MBR disk. I did not worry about it for a few years but recently I tried to...