Windows 10: Partition problems

Discus and support Partition problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, On my computer I got an SSD (128Gb) and a HD (1 Tb). At the moment my OS (Windows 10 Pro) is installad on my HD. I want to migrate it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marc3333, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Marc3333 Win User

Partition problems

Hello,

On my computer I got an SSD (128Gb) and a HD (1 Tb).
    At the moment my OS (Windows 10 Pro) is installad on my HD.

I want to migrate it to my SSD, but I don' know on which partition.
    Please see at the 2 pictures (the second is one of the software EaseUS Partition Master).
    It is in that last I want to configure my partitions.

Can anyone tell me exactly what I have to do ?
    Is it possible to do this without loosing any data ?

Kind regards,

Partition problems [​IMG]

:)

Marc3333, Jun 5, 2017

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Jun 5, 2017
  3. Partition problems

Type Storage into your Cortana/Search window Click it.

You should now be seeing THIS:

Now click "This PC:

I'm betting we're looking at your local copy of OneDrive which has been syncing away in the background but maybe not. Might be more like this

Which you can view from "This PC" by right clicking it from here:

NightcrawlerYY, Jun 5, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Partition problems

I would make a USB flash drive or DVD of Kyhi's Recovery Tools:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

Boot the computer into Kyhi's tools. You can use either AEOMI Partition Assistant or Minitool Partition Wizard on his tools to copy your Windows C: drive partition from the hard drive to the 118.7 GB space on the SSD. Obviously, you will have to resize the partition when you copy it. Then run the program Macrium Reflect from Kyhi's tools. Under the restore menu will be an option to Fix Windows boot problems. Run that utility, pick the Windows 10 that was moved to the SSD, ignore the Windows 10 on the HDD, then on the next screen, pick the SSD boot files to fix.

Then when you reboot your computer, you will probably have to go into BIOS/UEFI and set the SSD as the first boot device to boot from.

NavyLCDR, Jun 5, 2017
Thema:

Partition problems

1. Partition problems - Similar Threads - Partition problems

2. My Windows 11 Laptop has a problem with its partition table

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 Laptop has a problem with its partition table: Hey guys, I am running a Windows 11actually 10, my pc does not support 11 but I am rolling back later laptop.My PC supports UEFI but when i installed Windows I had CSM on so my pc was installed with an MBR disk. I did not worry about it for a few years but recently I tried to...
  3. My Windows 11 Laptop has a problem with its partition table

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 Laptop has a problem with its partition table: Hey guys, I am running a Windows 11actually 10, my pc does not support 11 but I am rolling back later laptop.My PC supports UEFI but when i installed Windows I had CSM on so my pc was installed with an MBR disk. I did not worry about it for a few years but recently I tried to...
  4. Update KB5034441 having problem, even with 250MB+ of recovery partition's free space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB5034441 having problem, even with 250MB+ of recovery partition's free space: Hi, i'm having problem with this update, even having the required features. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-kb5034441-having-problem-even-with-250mb-of/a139344a-82b9-4660-b88a-a189113d8a96
  5. Update KB5034441 having problem, even with 250MB+ of recovery partition's free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update KB5034441 having problem, even with 250MB+ of recovery partition's free space: Hi, i'm having problem with this update, even having the required features. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-kb5034441-having-problem-even-with-250mb-of/a139344a-82b9-4660-b88a-a189113d8a96
  6. Update KB5034441 having problem, even with 250MB+ of recovery partition's free space

7. How to solve the problem of partition size is limited even though it it lot of free space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve the problem of partition size is limited even though it it lot of free space?: I want to create a 150 GB partition from my C drive which has about 330 GB free space. The partition size is limited to 40GB.I can't create beyond this limit. Anyone please help me....
  8. How to solve the problem of partition size is limited even though it it lot of free space?

How to solve the problem of partition size is limited even though it it lot of free space?: I want to create a 150 GB partition from my C drive which has about 330 GB free space. The partition size is limited to 40GB.I can't create beyond this limit. Anyone please help me....
  9. Partition creating problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition creating problem: Hi,I've got a problem with creating a partition. I got 139GB of free space on my ssd disk. Trying to create a new partition but it is limited at 15GB.Even when I tried creating a 15GB partition this error occured.Tried creating a partition, in a third-party program but got an...
  10. Partition creating problem

Partition creating problem: Hi,I've got a problem with creating a partition. I got 139GB of free space on my ssd disk. Trying to create a new partition but it is limited at 15GB.Even when I tried creating a 15GB partition this error occured.Tried creating a partition, in a third-party program but got an...