Windows 10: Partition question

Discus and support Partition question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just did a clean install FCU 1709. I have a 250GB SSD. I used AOMEI PE boot disk, removed all partitions, clean and had a all non-allocated drive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Clint, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Clint Win User

Partition question

I just did a clean install FCU 1709. I have a 250GB SSD. I used AOMEI PE boot disk, removed all partitions, clean and had a all non-allocated drive,
    When I look at Disk Management, I see Recovery partition is 499MB 100 % free space. EFI partition 99MB 100% free space.
    I have AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro. When I look at that I see Recovery partition 499MB with 353.94MB used. EFI partition 99MB with 28.91MB used. There is another 16MB partition that is empty. This does not show in Disk management.
    Just curious as what the difference is.

Partition question [​IMG]

:)

Clint, Nov 28, 2017

2. Laptop Partition Questions

Hi,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the issue you have about allocate space.

The disk space which doesn’t belong to any partition is regarded as unallocated space by computer. This refers to no applications are able to write to the space. But it is a logical space on the hard drive so it can be used by putting the system to put files
    on. In order to make full use of unallocated space, you have to build a new partition with the space or add it to other partition.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Nov 28, 2017
  3. Reserved partition question

So how can I see it. It's not visible in disk management.

stll not convinced it is there.

MichaelKeirle, Nov 28, 2017
  4. Partition question

Caledon Ken, Nov 28, 2017
  5. Clint Win User
    Clint, Nov 28, 2017
  6. Hi,
    On a clean install I believe the recovery partition is always in front or just after the efi one.
    An inplace using the update assistant would be at the end or via through the update system when a large update is installed.

Here's mine done today off a dvd install and mbr disk

ThrashZone, Nov 28, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Your EFI System and Recovery partitions show as empty in disk management because their partition type IDs are set such that Disk Management pretty much ignores the file system on those partitions. Third party partition programs will not ignore the file system on those partitions like Disk Management does.

Disk Management also completely ignores MSR partitions. Third party programs, and diskpart, do not ignore that partition. You have a completely normal disk layout and Disk Management results - you are just seeing the limitations of disk management that Microsoft has imposed for whatever reason they thought would be wise.

NavyLCDR, Nov 28, 2017
  8. Plankton Win User

Partition question

Plankton, Nov 28, 2017
  9. Thanks.

NavyLCDR's post also gets right to point on Disk Management limitations. Now if we could just condense all this knowledge in a pill.

Caledon Ken, Nov 28, 2017
  10. Clint Win User
    Thanks to all that replied. Good info.

Clint, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Partition question

1. Partition question - Similar Threads - Partition question

2. a random partition appeared with a question mark

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a random partition appeared with a question mark: im using windows 10 lately i have a random partition that appeared in my pc with a blue question mark it is unaccessible and all partition i have are named and functioning properlyand also my pc start doing disk repair every time i launch the pc i didnt find any solution i...
  3. a random partition appeared with a question mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a random partition appeared with a question mark: im using windows 10 lately i have a random partition that appeared in my pc with a blue question mark it is unaccessible and all partition i have are named and functioning properlyand also my pc start doing disk repair every time i launch the pc i didnt find any solution i...
  4. a random partition appeared with a question mark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My question is can I create a partition from my C drive and migrate my OS to it so I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My question is can I create a partition from my C drive and migrate my OS to it so I can...: I accidentally changed my C drive to dynamic disk. My laptop is newly formatted so I won't have problems deleting the volume of C drive to partition it. I want to revert it back to basic so I won't have problem formatting my device when needed. But without any clear guides I...
  6. My question is can I create a partition from my C drive and migrate my OS to it so I can...

My question is can I create a partition from my C drive and migrate my OS to it so I can...: I accidentally changed my C drive to dynamic disk. My laptop is newly formatted so I won't have problems deleting the volume of C drive to partition it. I want to revert it back to basic so I won't have problem formatting my device when needed. But without any clear guides I...
  7. My question is can I create a partition from my C drive and migrate my OS to it so I can...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My question is can I create a partition from my C drive and migrate my OS to it so I can...: I accidentally changed my C drive to dynamic disk. My laptop is newly formatted so I won't have problems deleting the volume of C drive to partition it....
  8. Osama Ali Question on How to Rename /Renumber partitions Aomei VS windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Osama Ali Question on How to Rename /Renumber partitions Aomei VS windows: It's best to use all Aomei tools. Use Aomei Backupper 6,8 not 6.9 to create a new WINPE environment called Aomei Recovery using tools menu. Partition Master 9.8 and you can still get Onekey Recovery 1.6.2 Free. Unless You Pay you can purchase the latest versions. Aomei writes...
  9. Osama Ali Question on How to Rename /Renumber partitions Aomei VS windows

Osama Ali Question on How to Rename /Renumber partitions Aomei VS windows: It's best to use all Aomei tools. Use Aomei Backupper 6,8 not 6.9 to create a new WINPE environment called Aomei Recovery using tools menu. Partition Master 9.8 and you can still get Onekey Recovery 1.6.2 Free. Unless You Pay you can purchase the latest versions. Aomei writes...
  10. Osama Ali Question on How to Rename /Renumber partitions Aomei VS windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do recovery partitions have to be at the end of a disk