Windows 10: partition setup

Discus and support partition setup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to fix a mismatched partition??? Conflict with GPT and MBR on /dev/sda. 3662 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jack, Jan 23, 2015.

1. jack Win User

partition setup

How to fix a mismatched partition??? Conflict with GPT and MBR on /dev/sda.

:)

2. Andre Da Costa Win User

Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

Remember, when you delete, click New, Windows setup will create a recovery partition and a primary partition. Select the primary partition which is the largest one.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 23, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Partitions on Windows 10

The maximum number of partitions has nothing to do with Windows. It is determined by the logical structure of your hard disk. If you have a MBR setup then the maximum number of primary partitions is 4. (You can have an unlimited number of extended partitions.)
    If you have a GPT setup then you can have a maximum number of 128 partitions.

For more details, search the web for information about MBR and GPT.

BulldogXX, Jan 23, 2015
Thema:

partition setup

1. partition setup - Similar Threads - partition setup

2. How to move recovery/OEM partitions between two primary partitions to merge latter?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to move recovery/OEM partitions between two primary partitions to merge latter?: I want to merge the E and D drive. But cant do it because of the 2 OEM partitions in between. Is there any way to merge the E and D drive on my disk...
  3. How to move Windows 10 MSR partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to move Windows 10 MSR partition: I have a Chuwi dual boot tablet I upgraded to Win 10 Pro 1709 that fails to upgrade to 1803 - not enough room. Online at Chuwi I found directions to successfully remove the android install and freed up 10.65 GB, but it is now before the Win 10 MSR partition that I can't move...
  4. windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk is of the GPT partition style

windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk is of the GPT partition style: I want to install win 10 to my ASUS Laptop but when i selected disk or partition, windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk is of the GPT partition style. How to install Win 10 in my Laptop, please and thank you ?...
  5. Windows 10 Disk Partition Corrupted during Recovery

Windows 10 Disk Partition Corrupted during Recovery: Perhaps I can get a pointer in the right direction, I will try and keep it short. On Oct 14 my laptop seemed to be slow so I decided to do a roll-back with system restore, well it never recovered and went into a recovery loop I could not get out of. I thought I had made a...
  6. Media creation tool on an SSD/HDD partition?

Media creation tool on an SSD/HDD partition?: Hi, I have used the windows media creation tool in the past with a USB stick to install a fresh copy of Windows 10. However I was wondering if it was possible to do the same thing with an SSD or HDD partition, so that if I were to install the drive to a new machine, the...
  7. How do I create a setup that doesn't create a system reverve partition

How do I create a setup that doesn't create a system reverve partition: Can I create a setup that doesn't create a system reserved partition? How is it done? John 106980
  8. Setup: Could not create new partition

Setup: Could not create new partition: Hello everyone, Just tried to reinstall my windows. Everything works fine untill I select the drive on which the os should be installed. The error "could not create new partition" pops up. Already searched for it on the internet and pretty much the same solution comes up...
  9. Dual Boot Windows 7/ Windows 10 - Tutorials & Partition Setup Help?

Dual Boot Windows 7/ Windows 10 - Tutorials & Partition Setup Help?: Hi all, just picked up a Lenovo y700 laptop. Comes with Windows 10 home. Just checked the partition management and I am seeing 6 different partitions. EFI system partition, Recovery partition, Recovery partition, OEM partition, Primary partition (NTFS), and Boot partition...
  10. Windows 10 UEFI install, partition setup

Windows 10 UEFI install, partition setup: I am trying to create an autounattend file to install Windows 10 as a UEFI install. I am encountering one problem when it comes to creating the partitions in the unattend file. Windows 10 creates 4 partitions, 3 of which (MSR, EFI and OS partitions) I have no trouble with as...