Windows 10: partition setup

Discus and support partition setup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to fix a mismatched partition??? Conflict with GPT and MBR on /dev/sda. 3662 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jack, Jan 23, 2015.

1. jack Win User

partition setup

How to fix a mismatched partition??? Conflict with GPT and MBR on /dev/sda.

:)

2. Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

Remember, when you delete, click New, Windows setup will create a recovery partition and a primary partition. Select the primary partition which is the largest one.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 23, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Partitions on Windows 10

The maximum number of partitions has nothing to do with Windows. It is determined by the logical structure of your hard disk. If you have a MBR setup then the maximum number of primary partitions is 4. (You can have an unlimited number of extended partitions.)
    If you have a GPT setup then you can have a maximum number of 128 partitions.

For more details, search the web for information about MBR and GPT.

BulldogXX, Jan 23, 2015
Thema:

partition setup

1. partition setup - Similar Threads - partition setup

2. Error when installing Windows 10 during Windows Setup on a newly created partition of an SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when installing Windows 10 during Windows Setup on a newly created partition of an SSD: I want to install Windows 10 from a flash drive on a new partition in an SSD with 2 partitions, where the other partition contains data that I use.But I'm can't click next as I received this error: "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more...
  3. Error when installing Windows 10 during Windows Setup on a newly created partition of an SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when installing Windows 10 during Windows Setup on a newly created partition of an SSD: I want to install Windows 10 from a flash drive on a new partition in an SSD with 2 partitions, where the other partition contains data that I use.But I'm can't click next as I received this error: "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more...
  4. Error when installing Windows 10 during Windows Setup on a newly created partition of an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Setup couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Setup couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one: [ATTACH]During a clean install of Windows on your device with the Custom option, you may get the error message We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one. This post is intended to help affected PC users with solutions and suggestions to get past this...
  6. Windows Setup - "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Setup - "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while...: I have a laptop that has no operating system installed on it, so I made a Windows 11 USB with the media creation tool for Windows 11 on a different laptop and I tried booting up the laptop with the USB into the setup for Windows 11, and so during the Windows 11 installation,...
  7. Windows Setup - "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setup - "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while...: I have a laptop that has no operating system installed on it, so I made a Windows 11 USB with the media creation tool for Windows 11 on a different laptop and I tried booting up the laptop with the USB into the setup for Windows 11, and so during the Windows 11 installation,...
  8. Unable To Delete Drive Partition On Windows Setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable To Delete Drive Partition On Windows Setup: 2 days ago my pc crashed while I was gaming, no big deal I boot up again and noticed my system was stuttering while navigating through my desktop. Couldn’t run any games without a blue screen and can’t access any type of antivirus. After a day of trying to figure this out I...
  9. Ran Windows 10 setup from a partition on an external SSD. Windows setup wiped the entire...

Ran Windows 10 setup from a partition on an external SSD. Windows setup wiped the entire...: Good evening,I wanted to reïnstall Windows 10 cleanly on my laptop so I created an ISO with the official media creation tool on another PC. With this I used YUMI to create a bootable partition on an external SSD which contained partitions with other data. All fine and dandy....
  10. GPT Partition Scheme for Dual-/Multi-boot Windows 10-setup

GPT Partition Scheme for Dual-/Multi-boot Windows 10-setup: Hello,I have a laptop with 2x M.2 SSD-drives 500GB and 2TB, which I want to separate into three separate instances of Windows 10-installations as per:Disk 0 2 TBWindows 10 general purpose - 1 TBWindows 10 hobby purpose - 500 GB500 GB shared storageDisk 1 500 GBWindows 10 work...