partition setup

Discus and support partition setup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to fix a mismatched partition??? Conflict with GPT and MBR on /dev/sda. 3662 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jack, Jan 23, 2015.

1. jack Win User

partition setup

How to fix a mismatched partition??? Conflict with GPT and MBR on /dev/sda.

:)

2. Andre Da Costa Win User

Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

Remember, when you delete, click New, Windows setup will create a recovery partition and a primary partition. Select the primary partition which is the largest one.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 23, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Partitions on Windows 10

The maximum number of partitions has nothing to do with Windows. It is determined by the logical structure of your hard disk. If you have a MBR setup then the maximum number of primary partitions is 4. (You can have an unlimited number of extended partitions.)
    If you have a GPT setup then you can have a maximum number of 128 partitions.

For more details, search the web for information about MBR and GPT.

BulldogXX, Jan 23, 2015
Thema:

partition setup

1. partition setup - Similar Threads - partition setup

2. help required to delete the extra recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    help required to delete the extra recovery partition: I had purchased an HP laptop that came with windows 8. This was upgraded online to v 8.1 and then to windows 10 and subsequently to the feature updates of Windows 10. When checking (yesterday) with disk management I found there were three recovery partitions apart from the...
  3. How do I format/clean install Windows 10 and how do i make 2 partitions C: and D:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I format/clean install Windows 10 and how do i make 2 partitions C: and D:: I'm just learning to install w10 and the only thing that i want to know very well , it's how to make 2 partitions , partition C: and D: because I don't really understand how it works. I also want to know how can I do a format/clean install for W10 . I saw this video...
  4. No bootable device no partition is active after change from legacy BIOS to UEFI

No bootable device no partition is active after change from legacy BIOS to UEFI: This happened after I made some BIOS setting changes from within Windows 10 (my mistake), in order to prepare my laptop to begin booting with UEFI mode. I have the latest OS. I get no options for UEFI in my BIOS setup, nor is the system partition active. It is coded as...
  5. Need some help creating a new EFI Systeam Partition

Need some help creating a new EFI Systeam Partition: Current OS: Windows 10 Currently my windows has a 100 MB efi system partition, however, I would like to create a bigger one instead (550 MB) so that when I install Archlinux as a dual boot, I could utilize systemd-boot as a simple way of booting both operating systems....
  6. Windows Update Error - Could Not Update System Reserved Partition

Windows Update Error - Could Not Update System Reserved Partition: I have been unable to update to the most recent version of windows 10 because whenever I click update an error pops up saying could not update system reserved partition. I think all I have to do is simply increase space in the partition but because the partition is a primary...
  7. How do I create a setup that doesn't create a system reverve partition

How do I create a setup that doesn't create a system reverve partition: Can I create a setup that doesn't create a system reserved partition? How is it done? John 106980
  8. Setup: Could not create new partition

Setup: Could not create new partition: Hello everyone, Just tried to reinstall my windows. Everything works fine untill I select the drive on which the os should be installed. The error "could not create new partition" pops up. Already searched for it on the internet and pretty much the same solution comes up...
  9. Dual Boot Windows 7/ Windows 10 - Tutorials & Partition Setup Help?

Dual Boot Windows 7/ Windows 10 - Tutorials & Partition Setup Help?: Hi all, just picked up a Lenovo y700 laptop. Comes with Windows 10 home. Just checked the partition management and I am seeing 6 different partitions. EFI system partition, Recovery partition, Recovery partition, OEM partition, Primary partition (NTFS), and Boot partition...
  10. Windows 10 UEFI install, partition setup

Windows 10 UEFI install, partition setup: I am trying to create an autounattend file to install Windows 10 as a UEFI install. I am encountering one problem when it comes to creating the partitions in the unattend file. Windows 10 creates 4 partitions, 3 of which (MSR, EFI and OS partitions) I have no trouble with as...