Windows 10: partition setup

Discus and support partition setup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to fix a mismatched partition??? Conflict with GPT and MBR on /dev/sda. 3662 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jack, Jan 23, 2015.

1. jack Win User

partition setup

How to fix a mismatched partition??? Conflict with GPT and MBR on /dev/sda.

:)

2. Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

Remember, when you delete, click New, Windows setup will create a recovery partition and a primary partition. Select the primary partition which is the largest one.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 23, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Partitions on Windows 10

The maximum number of partitions has nothing to do with Windows. It is determined by the logical structure of your hard disk. If you have a MBR setup then the maximum number of primary partitions is 4. (You can have an unlimited number of extended partitions.)
    If you have a GPT setup then you can have a maximum number of 128 partitions.

For more details, search the web for information about MBR and GPT.

BulldogXX, Jan 23, 2015
Thema:

partition setup

1. partition setup - Similar Threads - partition setup

2. We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering We couldn’t create a new partition error message on your Windows computer while installing Windows 10, then the solution we will present […] This article We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup first appeared on...
  3. Windows Setup can't be installed on partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Setup can't be installed on partition: I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop that was delivered with a Window 10 operating system. At some time I removed Windows 10 and installed ubuntu 18.04 on it and now I want to install Windows again via an USB drive configured by the media creation tool. However at the step...
  4. I wanted to delete dual boot setup on my system and im left with partition i can't delete...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I wanted to delete dual boot setup on my system and im left with partition i can't delete...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Device_Manager [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6o1x7/i_wanted_to_delete_dual_boot_setup_on_my_system/
  5. Deleted SSD partition on Windows Setup and now it won't show anywhere

Deleted SSD partition on Windows Setup and now it won't show anywhere: As the title says, I have deleted the existing partition in an attempt to install a fresh copy of windows. On my sistem I have a HDD and a SSD. Now the SSD won't show anywhere. Only the HDD. I have checked Device Manager and Disk Management and it does not show. Even in...
  6. Boot setup is not working after deleting drive C partition and reserve partition.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot setup is not working after deleting drive C partition and reserve partition.: Hi, I bought dell laptop inspiration 3542 model with 2GB ram and 500GB hard disk 3-4 years ago. After installing windows 10 1803,1809,1903,1909. It smoothly works but after 1-2 days, blue screen error occurs many times and computer freezes in black screen. I inserted...
  7. Boot setup not working after deleting the drive partitions.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot setup not working after deleting the drive partitions.: Hi, I bought dell laptop inspiration 3542 model with 2GB ram and 500GB hard disk 3-4 years ago. After installing windows 10 1803,1809,1903,1909. It smoothly works but after 1-2 days, blue screen error occurs many times and computer freezes in black screen. I inserted...
  8. Error Window 10 setup: We couldn't create a new partition [0x80070017]

Error Window 10 setup: We couldn't create a new partition [0x80070017]: I use USB boot to install Win10. It'd work fine for many PC but this one. The box show "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu." and...
  9. How do I delete The partition on my external HD that has the encryption setup Exe file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete The partition on my external HD that has the encryption setup Exe file.: I want to use my external HD to create a Clone of my active disk on my HP laptop. To create the clone it requires that the disk be cleared of all folders and files. I attempt to format the disk but I get the message Cannot access when I go to delete the files. I cleared the...
  10. Hard disk not appearing in the windows setup- partition selector.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk not appearing in the windows setup- partition selector.: Hello. I am installing my windows right now. In my computer I have one Kingston Ssd of 50gb, an hard disk of 1000 gb and i have just bought and mounted a intel ssd of 500 gb. I'm in the windows settup where I have to select my partitions , but for some reason my Hard Disk...