Windows 10: partition setup

Discus and support partition setup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to fix a mismatched partition??? Conflict with GPT and MBR on /dev/sda. 3662 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jack, Jan 23, 2015.

1. jack Win User

partition setup

How to fix a mismatched partition??? Conflict with GPT and MBR on /dev/sda.

:)

2. Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

Remember, when you delete, click New, Windows setup will create a recovery partition and a primary partition. Select the primary partition which is the largest one.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 23, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Partitions on Windows 10

The maximum number of partitions has nothing to do with Windows. It is determined by the logical structure of your hard disk. If you have a MBR setup then the maximum number of primary partitions is 4. (You can have an unlimited number of extended partitions.)
    If you have a GPT setup then you can have a maximum number of 128 partitions.

For more details, search the web for information about MBR and GPT.

BulldogXX, Jan 23, 2015
Thema:

partition setup

1. partition setup - Similar Threads - partition setup

2. Formatting multiple partitions on a USB thumb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatting multiple partitions on a USB thumb drive: I have a 2TB thumb drive that I have created two partitions on. partition one is 31.25 GB and formatted as FAT32. partition two is 1921.87 GB and I cannot get it to format. I've tried formatting it as NTFS and exFAT and neither works. The Disk Management app reports:...
  3. Move System Reserved Partition to Allow GPT Formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move System Reserved Partition to Allow GPT Formatting: I built my own computer with a 500GB SSD and 4TB HDD. Unfortunately I made the mistake of having both drives connected when installing Windows 10 for the first time, and now there's a System Reserved partition on my HDD. The problem with that is that it's only recognizing...
  4. Partition Hidden: Hardware Problem or Software Problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition Hidden: Hardware Problem or Software Problem?: Yesterday, I published a 3 x 6 feet banner in Office Publisher, saved it into PDF and PNG format and shutdown my laptop. After a few minutes, I turned on my laptop to edit these files. When my laptop turned on, I didn't see two partitions (Disk D and Disk E) but Disk C where...
  5. If I delete my Windows Bootcamp Partition on my Mac, can I still use that copy of Windows...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If I delete my Windows Bootcamp Partition on my Mac, can I still use that copy of Windows...: I currently use Bootcamp on my Mac and own a copy of Windows 10. I'm building my own PC and I'm curious if I delete the Windows partition off my Mac can I use that same copy of Windows on my new PC? I read somewhere when you activate Windows it gets locked to the specific...
  6. adding available space from Drive C to Recovery partition D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adding available space from Drive C to Recovery partition D: Warning of too little space remaining on drive D is very annoying sound and message in right bottom of screen. I have tried to expand the size of D, but it is greyed out on storage management and right click just says "HELP". Using command prompts does not let me increase...
  7. How do I create a setup that doesn't create a system reverve partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I create a setup that doesn't create a system reverve partition: Can I create a setup that doesn't create a system reserved partition? How is it done? John 106980
  8. Setup: Could not create new partition

Setup: Could not create new partition: Hello everyone, Just tried to reinstall my windows. Everything works fine untill I select the drive on which the os should be installed. The error "could not create new partition" pops up. Already searched for it on the internet and pretty much the same solution comes up...
  9. Dual Boot Windows 7/ Windows 10 - Tutorials & Partition Setup Help?

Dual Boot Windows 7/ Windows 10 - Tutorials & Partition Setup Help?: Hi all, just picked up a Lenovo y700 laptop. Comes with Windows 10 home. Just checked the partition management and I am seeing 6 different partitions. EFI system partition, Recovery partition, Recovery partition, OEM partition, Primary partition (NTFS), and Boot partition...
  10. Windows 10 UEFI install, partition setup

Windows 10 UEFI install, partition setup: I am trying to create an autounattend file to install Windows 10 as a UEFI install. I am encountering one problem when it comes to creating the partitions in the unattend file. Windows 10 creates 4 partitions, 3 of which (MSR, EFI and OS partitions) I have no trouble with as...