Windows 10: partition showing unallocated need to restore partitions

Discus and support partition showing unallocated need to restore partitions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i was changing a hdd from mbr to gpt and the pc crashed now i have a hdd showing unallocated need to restore partitions. Tried minipartitiontools... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reddwarf4ever, Sep 7, 2017.

1. partition showing unallocated need to restore partitions

i was changing a hdd from mbr to gpt and the pc crashed now i have a hdd

showing unallocated need to restore partitions.

Tried minipartitiontools and it found the 4 partitions easily but wont restore unless i buy for $60, is there a cheaper or free way to fix this

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Sep 7, 2017

2. I just did the latest windows update for windows 10, and I lost one of my partitions.

I dont know if the files are still there. This partition now shows up as unallocated, and I cannot mount it or change the drive letter. I need to know how to access the files or simply have the partition show up again. I tried restoring to before all
    of the updates were done, but this did not help.

Glenn 530-310, Sep 7, 2017
  3. Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

Detailed solutions to manage disk space and partition size with EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 7, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

partition showing unallocated need to restore partitions

Do you need to restore the partitions but also the data that was on them? There's a number of free partitioning tools 'out there' [I like GPARTED] but getting the data back is a different thing. And there's always the Windows Disk Management for working with partitions [but not the data on them].

Berton, Sep 7, 2017
  5. I assumed if the partitions were restored that would include the data...

6. That's generally true, but the data MAY still be recoverable even if the partitions are not.

Data recovery and partition recovery are 2 different processes and can require different tools. Data recovery by an end user is complex and beyond my skill level, but I can tell you that applications like GetDataBack, test disk, and photorec are commonly recommended tools. Or you can throw yourself on the mercy of a professional data recovery outfit, where you may pay $1000 plus.

ignatzatsonic, Sep 7, 2017
  7. Thanks will give these a try

8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Sep 7, 2017
  9. In the end I bit the bullet and bought aomei partition assistant pro....it found the partitions in seconds, restored them a few seconds later.....brilliant, then converted my othe rMBR Hdd's from MBR to GPT in about 1 minute total....really impressed...

thanks for the advice

reddwarf4ever, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. partition showing unallocated need to restore partitions - Similar Threads - partition showing unallocated

2. Need to extend C: partition, but unallocated is not adjacent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to extend C: partition, but unallocated is not adjacent: I have 4 partitions on my C: drive, in order left-to-right on Disk Management: 579M Recovery Partition, 99.33G Boot, 100M EFI, 50G Unallocated. I want to merge the Boot partition with the Unallocated, but they are not adjacent. I've read several posts on this but I find them...
  3. Need to extend C: partition, but unallocated is not adjacent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to extend C: partition, but unallocated is not adjacent: I have 4 partitions on my C: drive, in order left-to-right on Disk Management: 579M Recovery Partition, 99.33G Boot, 100M EFI, 50G Unallocated. I want to merge the Boot partition with the Unallocated, but they are not adjacent. I've read several posts on this but I find them...
  4. Need to extend C: partition, but unallocated is not adjacent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving Unallocated Partition

Moving Unallocated Partition: I have some Unallocated space that is to the left of C:.I want to move it to the right of C: so I can add it to C:.Not sure how to do it.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-unallocated-partition/9be7e0e8-cebe-4772-94d4-a06138f8b2ed
  6. Merge unallocated partition with main partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merge unallocated partition with main partition: Hello volks! I've run into a problem... I cloned my 1tb HDD to a 2tb SSD yesterday. That was successfully completed, however, I'm now left with ~1tb unallocated storage on my cloned SSD. I now want to merge the unallocated storage with the Primary Partition where all the...
  7. partition on HDD is showing unallocated

partition on HDD is showing unallocated: Hello all, I recently upgraded my main HD to a SSD. After i was sure i could boot off my new drive i reformatted my old C: drive. It was previously partitioned, and wanted just one drive for extra storage, so i removed it and was going to try and combine them. After i...
  8. Unallocated Partitions?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated Partitions?: does this disk management screen grab look ok? how about the two unallocated partitions in disk 0, can those be merged with c:? if so, is there a benefit? also, under volume it shows "disk 0 partition 2" and "disk 0 partition 5", is there a reason why the partitions numbers...
  9. Removing unallocated Partition

Removing unallocated Partition: I have a 600 meg unallocated partition. I've tried different methods to allocate it to the C drive with no luck. I can't move it beside the C drive either. Any suggestions?...
  10. unallocated partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unallocated partition: Not often I look in disk management, but now I see that I have an unallocated partition on my SSD. I am certain that in the past there was not such a thing. My question is what might be a possible reason that such a partition develops? 96903