Windows 10: Partition Structure: Copy "Recovered" Files

Discus and support Partition Structure: Copy "Recovered" Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This may not be especially clear. I am staring to grasp W10 partition structures, but my understanding is very basic. Suddenly I need to quickly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Aug 30, 2018.

1. mikeincousa Win User

Partition Structure: Copy "Recovered" Files

This may not be especially clear. I am staring to grasp W10 partition structures, but my understanding is very basic.

Suddenly I need to quickly advance my basic understanding of them.

Today I received a "Recovery" disk with about 200 gigs of files from my old, crashed, machine.

I want to make an exact copy of the "Recovery" on another dive-- and --- keep that copy safe from any accidents.

Robocopy mirroring will take care of the first part.

But I am not sure how or if I should set up a separate partition on the destination drive.

The the same for securing the "Recovered" file once I put a copy in a dedicated partition.

Thanks for any guidance.

:)

mikeincousa, Aug 30, 2018
  2. Melvis Win User

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Aug 30, 2018
  3. RonaldMethew Win User
    Recover data from a RAW partition

I think you should mention that which file system you used. As per of my experience I suggest you Remo Recover utility to recover data from old hard drive. I think it will be helpful for you.

RonaldMethew, Aug 30, 2018
  4. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Aug 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Partition Structure: Copy "Recovered" Files - Similar Threads - Partition Structure Copy

2. Recover a notepad file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover a notepad file?: How do I recover a notepad file that I saved with info from another file (overwritten)? My pc works at warp speed, especially the touchpad. I went to save a new file but the contents were accidentally saved into a totally different file. overwriting the original content....
  3. Recover files from Mac OSX formatted Windows Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover files from Mac OSX formatted Windows Partition: I have a laptop running both Mac OSX and Windows 10. When running Mac OSX, I wanted to create a bootable OSX USB installer, unfortunately I selected my Windows drive during the process. Mac OSX formatted it to Mac file system, and wrote 6GB of data on it (the installer data)....
  4. How To Undo "ESD-USB" And Recover the lost folder structure and the lost files in the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Undo "ESD-USB" And Recover the lost folder structure and the lost files in the...: I would like to reinstall my desktop computer, so I downloaded the windows 10 Media Creation Tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10) and then selected my 1TB portable hard drive (1TB Seagate BUP SLim Backup SCSI Disk Device) to save it when it...
  5. Partition structure issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition structure issues.: I have some questions about the meaning of the screenshot information below. First: What is the significance of " *: " ? I'm guessing it means a partition without a drive letter. Second: What is the difference between an unallocated partition and a partition with data. How...
  6. Recover Deleted Files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recover Deleted Files: Are there any good recovery tools out there that can recover recently deleted files? This isn't an emergency, but I have lost several files in the last six months on separate occasions, and my recovery tools failed to bring them back even though I did everything recommended...
  7. How can I recover files from old partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I recover files from old partition?: I bought a new hard drive, replaced my old one but I didn't have my files backed up. My old Windows 10 partition wouldn't even boot up, as I kept getting the black screen with the spinning circle. A couple of years ago, I bought a device where I could easily plug in a SATA...
  8. Recover lost partitions and data

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recover lost partitions and data: I appreciate the help with this issue. I did something stupid, I freely admit that. Now I need help to fix the problem. My laptop running Windows 10 updated to the latest build and would not boot. I kept getting Missing boot manager missing. Eventually I removed the drive and...
  9. Recovering the space of the recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering the space of the recovery partition: I've seen references that Windows 10 does not require a recovery partition. I have a Dell Latitude E7450 with a 256GB SSD that has a 450MB rec partition. I bought it used so I dk whether it was upgraded from 7/8--probably--and the partition stayed there or was upgraded to...
  10. Copying files

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files: I have a flash drive with many mp3's on it, however they are split up into various folders. How can I copy all mp3's to my fixed disc without the directories, ie just copy the mp3's without having to access each individual directory. TIA, Mike 83198