Windows 10: Partition Structure: Copy "Recovered" Files

Discus and support Partition Structure: Copy "Recovered" Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This may not be especially clear. I am staring to grasp W10 partition structures, but my understanding is very basic. Suddenly I need to quickly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Partition Structure: Copy "Recovered" Files

This may not be especially clear. I am staring to grasp W10 partition structures, but my understanding is very basic.

Suddenly I need to quickly advance my basic understanding of them.

Today I received a "Recovery" disk with about 200 gigs of files from my old, crashed, machine.

I want to make an exact copy of the "Recovery" on another dive-- and --- keep that copy safe from any accidents.

Robocopy mirroring will take care of the first part.

But I am not sure how or if I should set up a separate partition on the destination drive.

The the same for securing the "Recovered" file once I put a copy in a dedicated partition.

Thanks for any guidance.

:)

mikeincousa, Aug 30, 2018
  2. Melvis Win User

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Aug 30, 2018
  3. Recover data from a RAW partition

I think you should mention that which file system you used. As per of my experience I suggest you Remo Recover utility to recover data from old hard drive. I think it will be helpful for you.

RonaldMethew, Aug 30, 2018
  4. temp02 Win User

Partition Structure: Copy "Recovered" Files

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Aug 30, 2018
Thema:

Partition Structure: Copy "Recovered" Files

1. Partition Structure: Copy "Recovered" Files - Similar Threads - Partition Structure Copy

2. recover the partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover the partition: how can I recover my data of the partition which was accidently deleted from disk management https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-the-partition/5131e160-093a-4a61-9dbe-0553224319f4
  3. recover the partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover the partition: how can I recover my data of the partition which was accidently deleted from disk management https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-the-partition/5131e160-093a-4a61-9dbe-0553224319f4
  4. needs files and folder structured copied but with dummy files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    needs files and folder structured copied but with dummy files: hi there, all of you with great knowledge of computer world let me tell you first of all that i am not a very computer savvy person. so plz dont mind if i cant explain it properly or if my question is stupidI want to copy a file and folder structure to another dummy folder...
  5. needs files and folder structured copied but with dummy files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    needs files and folder structured copied but with dummy files: hi there, all of you with great knowledge of computer world let me tell you first of all that i am not a very computer savvy person. so plz dont mind if i cant explain it properly or if my question is stupidI want to copy a file and folder structure to another dummy folder...
  6. needs files and folder structured copied but with dummy files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Recovering Files From Lost Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Files From Lost Partition: I forgot to backup my files before installing the windows multimedia tool to my external drive. I tried running recuva but it can't see the "lost partition" . My system sees my 930gb drive as 31.9gb and recuva only scans 31.9gb. Please help....
  8. recovering files after partition recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    recovering files after partition recovery: I restored a Macrium image on my C: drive but forgot that I'd written a couple of Cubase projects between the making of the image (20th July) and the restore date (25th July) I usually write the Cubase projects to a different disk AND a backup but overlooked these 2 for some...
  9. Recover partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover partition: I had partitioned my D drive to install Linux. It did not install properly, now I am left with 3 partitions 1. The original D drive, now shrunk 500GB - NTFS 2. 200 MB partition - No file system mentioned 3. An unallocated partition 400GB I am not able to use the 3rd...
  10. Partition structure issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition structure issues.: I have some questions about the meaning of the screenshot information below. First: What is the significance of " *: " ? I'm guessing it means a partition without a drive letter. Second: What is the difference between an unallocated partition and a partition with data. How...