Windows 10: Partitions do not appear in My computer

Discus and support Partitions do not appear in My computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello guys. I just installed windows 10 and made 2 partitions for my files. When I finished installing i found out that in My computer the 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by miauline, Sep 6, 2016.

1. miauline Win User

Partitions do not appear in My computer

Hello guys.

I just installed windows 10 and made 2 partitions for my files. When I finished installing i found out that in My computer the 2 partitions that were created do not appear. I have assigned a letter for each partition. After I assigned letters the partitions appear but after a restart they no longer appear.

:)

miauline, Sep 6, 2016

2. New partitions appear in my device (laptop)

I tried to make recovery

,I opened the disk management and tried to find anything that help me

and the partitions appear when I open (this pc)

Partitions do not appear in My computer [​IMG]

mostafaabdelrhman, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    New partitions appear in my device (laptop)

Hi,

There are several reasons why a new partition appear in your laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot where you see the new partition?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 6, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

I would try giving a drive letter again. Then rather than restarting, shutdown pc completely, then switch on again.

It could be related to a fast boot issue perhaps - hard to say.

cereberus, Sep 6, 2016
  5. miauline Win User
    I have done it like 100 times already...
    At every restart or shut down, the partitions dissapear from My comuter and I must add again a letter.

miauline, Sep 6, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Sep 6, 2016
  7. topgundcp Win User
    I notice that you have nothing stored in these 2 partitions. Open Admin Command prompt and type:
    diskpart
    select disk 1
    clean
    exit

Open Disk Management, initialize it then create partitions again.

topgundcp, Sep 6, 2016
  8. miauline Win User

After several restarts and shutdowns things appear to be alright. Thanks guys for your help. Have a nice one!

miauline, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Partitions do not appear in My computer - Similar Threads - Partitions appear computer

2. The UEFI partition has appears on my file explorer .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The UEFI partition has appears on my file explorer .: the uefi partition has recently appears in my file explorer besides my other drivec, and that happened after i did shrink my main C partition to another 100gb partition, and i did that step by the app "EaseUs partition master" because i couldn't do it by the windows disk...
  3. Partitions appear and disappear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partitions appear and disappear: Hey, there. The story begins with the desire to upgrade the initial hdd samsung 500gb quite old, but having no problems with it. Starting from here I got a 120gb ssd to put the win on and a 1tb barakuda seagate. All well and beautiful, I installed them, I installed the win...
  4. Partitions appear and disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitions appear and disappear: Hey, there. The story begins with the desire to upgrade the initial hdd samsung 500gb quite old, but having no problems with it. Starting from here I got a 120gb ssd to put the win on and a 1tb barakuda seagate. All well and beautiful, I installed them, I installed the win...
  5. Partitions appear and disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. New encrypted 1TB partition appeared in my PC !!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New encrypted 1TB partition appeared in my PC !!: HiI just found today that I have a new bitlocker encrypted partition in my PC !! I never created that partition and when I try to open it , it display : Drive K: load key from usb drive !!. I only encypted drive E: with bitlocker but never have drive K: beforeHere is a screen...
  7. New encrypted 1TB partition appeared in my PC !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New encrypted 1TB partition appeared in my PC !!: HiI just found today that I have a new bitlocker encrypted partition in my PC !! I never created that partition and when I try to open it , it display : Drive K: load key from usb drive !!. I only encypted drive E: with bitlocker but never have drive K: beforeHere is a screen...
  8. partition my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    partition my computer: how do i partition my windows10 computer to accept a second OS chrome os ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/partition-my-computer/5fdb8c74-6d7c-411e-92df-de489bf92478
  9. debug appearing on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    debug appearing on my computer: there is a debug file on my computer, after a while I decided to delete it, however it came back 1 day later. Whenever I open the debug file it says the following: "[0917/170856.991:ERROR:settings.cc320] Settings magic is not 1129342067" I don't know what this could be,...
  10. How do I change the photo that appears on my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I change the photo that appears on my computer?: Or rather, get it to stop changing. If I have to restart my computer for updates or turn it off for any reason, turning it back on results in a photo being displayed with the time before I have to enter a password. This photo keeps changing, but I don't want it to. In fact,...