Windows 10: Partitoning questions for install Windows 10

Discus and support Partitoning questions for install Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have plenty of space. I can temporally delete the fat 32 partition for the windows 10 install. Fat32 was made for backwards compatibility with old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by groze, Oct 2, 2014.

1. groze Win User

Partitoning questions for install Windows 10

I have plenty of space. I can temporally delete the fat 32 partition for the windows 10 install. Fat32 was made for backwards compatibility with old software.

I am not really interested in using the windows 7 or 10 dual boot menu.

I am basically going to install 10 on a separate partitions.

My motherboad does have secure boot but disabled because of windows 7. I want to keep it disabled.

I have mini partition wizard so I can shrink even smaller if needed. I always had problem with windows 7 because of the system partition. Once I got rid of the system partition, I had no major issues.

What am I getting confused on is how to make sure windows 10 doesn't create a system partition.
    Windows 7 full install (No oem partition)
    Fat 32 45gb partition

If space is unallocated will windows 10 create a system partition if there are two partition available?
    Do I need to make a 2 more primary partitions to prevent windows 10 from making a system partition and choose one as active?

I already know how to make the windows 10 install partition active before starting the install with the usb drive. This usually prevents each os from overwriting each others mbr.

:)

groze, Oct 2, 2014
  2. Husfik Win User

Recovery partition in Win 8.1 after upgrade to Win 10.0

Hi,

When you delete recovery partiton,How can you create a new recovery partiton includes Windows 10 install files?

Husfik, Oct 2, 2014
  3. BitLocker Drive Encryption

Hello

I`m using Windows 8.1 and I have created a partition that I encrypted using the tool provided by Windows: Bitlocker so my current partiton table looks like this:

C: - it`s the windows partition

D: - my storage partition

E: - this is the partition that is encrypted using BitLocker

My question is:

When I upgrade to Windows 10 will my E: partition be affected? Do I have to decrypt it, install the Win 10 upgrade then encrypt that partiton again?

Will I be able to access that partition after the upgrade to Windows 10 if I leave it as it is encrypted?

Do I have to take certain precautions so that I will be able to access that part. after the upgrade? What do I have to do in that case?

HiveLeader, Oct 2, 2014
  4. theog Win User

theog, Oct 2, 2014
  5. groze Win User
    I did get it installed but not quite like I wanted but it works.

Partitoning questions for install Windows 10 [​IMG]

groze, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Partitoning questions for install Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Partitoning questions install

2. Missing recovery partiton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing recovery partiton: Hi all,A few years ago I replaced my PC as the PSU failed. I am reasonably comfortable working with Win 10 and PC hardware. The new PC has a 1Tb SSD for the system drive. I cloned that drive from my old OS drive but can't remember the exact process I used. Step forward to...
  3. Question Related to partiton

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question Related to partiton: I have recently clean installed windows 10 using bootble iso when i boot into new windows there is a new partition created of 7.81 gb it is showing in file explorer in that partion there is a picture of hp logo named splash and many files is it safe to delete this partition....
  4. Windows Partiton !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Partiton !: So, I recently Re-Installed windows 10 from Microsoft and not the from the dell software so that i don't want to deal with dells crap crashing and using my cpu resources all the time. but i noticed there are different partition showing below u can refer to these partition....
  5. Windows 10 installation question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation question: Hello reddit! I have a question about windows 10 installation; I currently have a 9month old gaming pc that I build in January for Christmas; I was on a certain budget so I didn't have the money to put 2 disks on it so I chose a hard drive so I can store more of my games on...
  6. Windows 10 Installation Questions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation Questions.: -Ok, I would like to perform a clean install of Windows 10 Pro but some of the steps are a bit unclear to me. 1.) I recently made a Windows 10 MCT bootable flash drive (32 GB). a.) I'm wondering if It's using 1809 or 1903? b.) From checking my C: drive, I can see that...
  7. windows 10 installation questions

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 installation questions: Hi all, I recently purchased a Dell Optiplex 790 PC , it has windows 10 and the key is on a sticker on top of of the PC, it's replacing my HP compaq 7700, my HP has a 250GB SSD with windows 7 pro, I want to use the SSD in my Dell, so I need to reinstall windows 10, can I do...
  8. Windows 10 install questions

Windows 10 install questions: OK, i have a question or two. Im upgrading to Windows 10 from win 7 home premium 64 bit. What folders does Windows.old have in it? and how much total ideal space should I have for a Windows 10 install? Thanks for any and all help. 45439
  9. Windows 10 Installation Question?.

Windows 10 Installation Question?.: I have just registered to upgrade my Windows 7 SP1 OS to Windows 10 when it becomes available. My question is, will the install be over the top of Win7 where I keep my programs, data etc, etc or will it be necessary to do a clean reinstall of the new OS?. 6580
  10. Windows 10 install question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 install question: Hi folks, I upgraded to Windows 10 a few days after it was released, and I then performed a clean install, (I like it fresh). My question is, what happens if I need to clean install this OS (because of malware or some such) after July? Will I need to buy it? Also, if I don't...