Windows 10: parts of app window is offscreen

Discus and support parts of app window is offscreen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Most of the times I start and app, a part of its window is offscreen, though it is maximized or fullscreen, here is an example: [img] I hope you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by csenger41, Mar 22, 2015.

1. csenger41 Win User

parts of app window is offscreen

Most of the times I start and app, a part of its window is offscreen, though it is maximized or fullscreen, here is an example:

parts of app window is offscreen [​IMG]

I hope you will understand what I am talking about by checking the right at the search box. This makes the Mail app unuseable, since all the buttons are offscreen:

To be accurate, the right and bottom part always. As you can see, both windows are maximized, everything is the same in fullscreen.
    Any suggestions?

:)

csenger41, Mar 22, 2015

2. How does parts of a window is created?

Hello Jireh,

We realize your concern in this regard.

Are you talking about the design of program windows?

If yes, then we need to talk about the coding. Windows is written in C-language, C++, C# and some other low level programing languages. Coding with them will give an User Interface view, as which you are referring to. Each and every part you’re referring
    is designed by writing code with these programing language. Clicking on them will trigger an action background. I mean to say, a small part of code will be executed on background when you click on it. Say for example, if you click maximize, a part of code
    related to it will be executed on background.

Hope this will address your query.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 22, 2015
  3. How does parts of a window is created?

I keep questioning myself on how are the parts of a window is made?

from numbers 1-7, How are of this windows is created they created?Please answer my question.

JirehLa-ab, Mar 22, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 22, 2015
  5. csenger41 Win User
    I've restarted several times so far and DPI is 100%.

csenger41, Mar 22, 2015
  6. bpratt Win User
    I have seen this problem a few times on 10041 also.

bpratt, Mar 23, 2015
  7. I'm getting something similar. I've had it with the Store app, when trying to use the Search box - I couldn't see half of the results; and today with the Calendar app. I don't see the whole month in either the window (see screenshot below) or full screen. And when I go to settings/options, about half of the options box is hidden behind the right side of the window. If I go full screen it is worse - I only see a thin band from the options box. I can't do a screenshot for the options box as it disappears every time I open the Snipping Tool.

I haven't changed my DPI but I did change my screen resolution a little while ago as upgrading to the latest release had caused problems with my VM where it didn't go to full screen properly. I'm pretty sure all was working okay before this release.

SaggyMaggyPoo, Mar 25, 2015
  8. Winuser Win User

Try using Print Screen then paste into Paint.

Winuser, Mar 26, 2015
  9. csenger41 Win User
    I've got a new laptop made a clean install with ISO on Microsoft website, then upgraded to build 10049 and this problem appeared again.
    Any guesses?

csenger41, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. parts of app window is offscreen - Similar Threads - parts app window

2. Trouble With Reinstalling a parts app.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble With Reinstalling a parts app.: I am trying to install a windows app that has old but necessary information on it. I have installed it on several computers, but one of them it crashed and I am trying to reinstall it, however I always get the error as shown on the screenshot below: Any suggestions on what I...
  3. Trouble With Reinstalling a parts app.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble With Reinstalling a parts app.: I am trying to install a windows app that has old but necessary information on it. I have installed it on several computers, but one of them it crashed and I am trying to reinstall it, however I always get the error as shown on the screenshot below: Any suggestions on what I...
  4. Taskbar Clock/Date Goes Offscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Clock/Date Goes Offscreen: I am using Windows 11 and my clock/date just goes offscreen very often, it goes back to normal when I open and close the calendar. Anyone knows how to fix this permanently?This is what I mean:...
  5. Taskbar Clock/Date Goes Offscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Clock/Date Goes Offscreen: I am using Windows 11 and my clock/date just goes offscreen very often, it goes back to normal when I open and close the calendar. Anyone knows how to fix this permanently?This is what I mean:...
  6. Opening programs keep appearing half offscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening programs keep appearing half offscreen: Like in the title, whenever I open a new program whether its powerpoint or word or chrome, the program appears half off screen and part showing so that I then have to drag it out and maximize the screen. Ultimately it's a minor annoyance and not a huge issue, but I would love...
  7. Taskbar buttons missing, offscreen, resized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar buttons missing, offscreen, resized: Hi, I have no idea how, but my taskbar buttons have become rearranged and I can't put them back to normal. To see all of it I have to resize the taskbar like in the second screenshot below. My sound settings icon has vanished entirely, and I can't rearrange anything through...
  8. Second monitor going offscreen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second monitor going offscreen.: I have a Coby TFDVD1595 for a second monitor- it's not exactly the optimal quality, but it should work as a monitor and i just wanted a second display. It has a resolution of 1366X768, but i can only set it as 1280 x 720, 1280 x 1024, and 1600 x 900 (there ARE other...
  9. Cursor goes offscreen top and right.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor goes offscreen top and right.: Hi-- In Windows 10, my cursor goes off the screen at the bottom and right, but OK left and top. This also affects contents of print screen. There was a recent auto-update. Thanks!...
  10. How to restore offscreen VLC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore offscreen VLC?: Hi! I have a projector connected to my pc. I watch movies on it with vlc. When I turn it off, and open vlc, it opens on the turned off projector screen. How do I restore it? Or how do I get vlc not to open on a turned off screen? Thanks! 22136