Windows 10: Password for Computer Login?

Discus and support Password for Computer Login? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a dell laptop that uses windows 10. I do not have a password at all on my laptop. Thus if you power it on, well im on the laptop. I recall... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by paulyjustin, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Password for Computer Login?

I have a dell laptop that uses windows 10. I do not have a password at all on my laptop. Thus if you power it on, well im on the laptop. I recall windows gives you the option to put a password for your computer when you start it up on windows 7. This is windows 10 so im sure there is this option.

First off, does this even do anything for it? Thus you need to have the password in order to start the computer up right? Or would there be a way for someone to get through the password. So im thinking about putting a password on it but im wondering does that even do anything.

:)

paulyjustin, Nov 12, 2016

2. using password for old computer on new computer

Yes, you can set it up with the same Microsoft Account and Password you use to currently sign in on your old computer.

Learn more about how to do that:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/setup-configur...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 12, 2016
  3. LUVSITE Win User
    using password for old computer on new computer

I need to buy a new computer and would like to use the same password, my Microsoft password, to log onto it. Can I do this? I plan to throw away the old computer

LUVSITE, Nov 12, 2016
  4. Password for Computer Login?

MoxieMomma, Nov 12, 2016
  5. When i go to manage accounts, it shows my name as local account administrator.

So i click on it then type create a password? Or you want me to add another account? Im confused here.

When i clicked create a password, it says

you will lose all efs encyrpted files, psersonal certificates and stored passwords for web sites or network resources.

So that is fine? For example there are many sites that i go to on chrome where the password is already saved. So if i create a password, then i have to put the password in for all those sites etc?

Do most people have a password for their computer?

Another important question. If you put a password, what if you lose the password? I see you can put something for hint in case you forget your password. But let say you don't remember your password. That would mean it would be impossible for you to log into your computer right? Thus make sure its a password that you remember right?

But if you forgot your password, what happens? I guess there is no way to log into your computer anymore. But i assume you could do a factory reset of the laptop and your computer would work again... except it has to start from scratch? I would make sure the password is something that is very easy to remember but just wanted to know what happens in case you do forgot your password. Thats why i didnt put a password on it etc.

paulyjustin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Password for Computer Login?

1. Password for Computer Login? - Similar Threads - Password Computer Login

2. Computer does not recognize windows login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer does not recognize windows login password: I know my windows account password but when I enter it I get a message that the password is. Not correct. I know it’s correct because I can login using it on another computer. Can’t use a windows recovery because no disk was created. Any way to get this computer to accept the...
  3. Computer does not recognize windows login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer does not recognize windows login password: I know my windows account password but when I enter it I get a message that the password is. Not correct. I know it’s correct because I can login using it on another computer. Can’t use a windows recovery because no disk was created. Any way to get this computer to accept the...
  4. Computer does not recognize windows login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reset Local Computer Login Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset Local Computer Login Password: I forgot my local computer login password for Win 10, but I can use my PIN to login becasue I only login using PIN. Anyway to reset the login password using my PIN? I found it always asks me to verify the current password if I try to create a reset disk or change the...
  6. Computer login password changed with no permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer login password changed with no permission: Why I have to sign into my computer with windows/Microsoft password. I used to sign into all my electronics with their unique password and starting last week I am required to use Microsoft password at least on this computer. I do not remember that I was notified or consulted...
  7. login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    login password: How do I disable the login password? I've tried changing my password and leaving the new one blank but I just get an error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/login-password/71f13d7c-2ac8-4f79-98e4-66047ccb4583
  8. Password login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password login: Hi all, first post so please go easy on me*Redface So I have Windows 10 and want to get rid of the password protected login feature. I found some steps on this site which are vaguely "On your windows 10 Start menu window, right click at the Win logo > select Run option >...
  9. Computer login password

Computer login password: Hi guys,has anyone been ask to login to there computer,using there Microsoft account?,..I restarted my comp,after i uninstall a app..It ask for my password''which i never made'' to login,but the password has to be my Microsoft account...I'm just wondering.....Sorry about my...
  10. Can't change computer login password

Can't change computer login password: I want to change the password when I log into the computer on start up. The one where you have to put the password in just to get the computer to even get to the home page. I've change my password in the Microsoft account part but it didn't change the main computer log in....