Windows 10: Password Manager to replace PasswordBox

Discus and support Password Manager to replace PasswordBox in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I'm using PasswordBox since many year top manage my password and generate strong password. Next month, Passworbox will cease and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by arjfca, Aug 22, 2017.

1. arjfca Win User

Password Manager to replace PasswordBox

Hello

I'm using PasswordBox since many year top manage my password and generate strong password.

Next month, Passworbox will cease and the alternative is a paid services from True Key. The application is free for 15 password, but I got about one hundred already.

Any suggestion on a reliable and free password manager. Is there any tool to copy all the one that I already have.

Martin

:)

arjfca, Aug 22, 2017
  2. stoshss11 Win User

Edge and Password Box

yup these so called techs like putting us on the hamster wheel instead of giving us the solution now as far as passwordbox is concerned I just go to the right hand side at the top there are 3 dots click on that go down to open with internet explorer click on
    that then your passwordbox button will magically appear

stoshss11, Aug 22, 2017
  3. App for Passwords

Unlike PasswordBox, LastPass at least allowed me to get all my passwords.

There seem to be a few out there, I played with a couple. I think though after at least getting all my passwords from LastPass I have that CSV file and the SPB Wallet CSV file.

I don't care for the ones that store the passwords and then you don't get access to (like PasswordBox). Unfortunately I started with that one awhile back and just started using them.

I think I will go with eWallet from Ilium. Even though they have no plans for a mobile app, maybe that will change with Windows 10.

Corey Ray Bryant, Aug 22, 2017
  4. TechGuru Win User

Hey arjfca,

I use LastPass, which stores a copy of your vault on their services but it's encrypted and salted and all that jazz with 4096RSA from my understanding. It can generate any number of passwords for you, and store as many as you want. They also recently made the app available to use without a subscription.

I used it for a while without paying and it worked great, and the only reason I pay for membership now is because it allows you to use a Yubikey for extra encryption. However, for free, you can use Google Authenticator with it as well instead.

TechGuru, Aug 22, 2017
  5. arjfca Win User
    Hello TG
    I will take a look at it
    Could it be use on either my tablet or PC.

Martin

arjfca, Aug 22, 2017
  6. TechGuru Win User
    Hey Martin,

Yes it can be used on any device. There is an app for iOS and Android (phone and tablet) as well as an extension for Chrome (my personal favourite) and Firefox. Let me know if you have any questions about it!

TechGuru, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Password Manager to replace PasswordBox - Similar Threads - Password Manager replace

2. Replace Google Chrome password manager password authentication with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace Google Chrome password manager password authentication with Windows Hello: Hi guys, this is my first time asking here, I'll be glad to provide more details if necessary. Currently running Windows 11 Pro version 22H2, OS build 22621.674, on an Intel Core i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz 16.0 GB and Google Chrome Version 107.0.5304.88 Official Build...
  3. Replace Google Chrome password manager password authentication with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace Google Chrome password manager password authentication with Windows Hello: Hi guys, this is my first time asking here, I'll be glad to provide more details if necessary. Currently running Windows 11 Pro version 22H2, OS build 22621.674, on an Intel Core i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz 16.0 GB and Google Chrome Version 107.0.5304.88 Official Build...
  4. password manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password manager: I'm on Win 10 and use Google Chrome.Whenever I join anything that needs a username and password, a box drops down and asks meif I want to save those. I like that, but I haven't downloaded any manager.Is this something built into Google Chrome or Win10?Thanks,Betty Holt...
  5. password manager

password manager: I'm on Win 10 and use Google Chrome.Whenever I join anything that needs a username and password, a box drops down and asks meif I want to save those. I like that, but I haven't downloaded any manager.Is this something built into Google Chrome or Win10?Thanks,Betty Holt...
  6. password manager

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Password Managers

Password Managers: Do you need more than 1 password manager, just in case something goes wrong with 1 of them? Would they have a conflict with each other?
  8. Password Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Manager: How does Password Manager work? I don't understand how you update & why PM doesn't update passwords when needed behind the scenes. And it totally confuses me when I enter a New Password and at the end, a box pops open and askes me IF I want to save the new password....
  9. Password Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Manager: Windows remembers and plugs in passwords for various websites. I keep getting an additional password plugged in on top of the new one I am trying to create. How do I stop the auto plugging of the password? How do I get to the password manager?...
  10. deleting a saved password or replacing it

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleting a saved password or replacing it: how do I change a saved password or replace it in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-saved-password-or-replacing-it/3ea5f68d-9bea-4b66-860e-3464e3657d99