Windows 10: Password on restart

Discus and support Password on restart in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I fixed this one time before but now my CPU keeps wanting a password on restart this I think happened after a windows update*Sad 25441 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pwdiver, Oct 6, 2015.

1. pwdiver Win User

Password on restart

I fixed this one time before but now my CPU keeps wanting a password on restart this I think happened after a windows update*Sad

:)

pwdiver, Oct 6, 2015

2. Why must I reenter my password on every restart windows 10

Every time I restart the computer it forces me to enter my password. I have tried everything I can find in settings to turn of the password requirement but no luck.

BrotherDan77, Oct 6, 2015
  3. Ken_f Win User
    Why must I reenter my password on every restart windows 10

BrotherDan77,

Your question is Why not how if I correctly interpret your response to Pushyanth's response (the how). The Why is a bit of a story so please bear with me and it will make sense in the end.

Historically, Microsoft continues to increase the level of cybersecurity in each progressive iteration of the operating system. This is in response to cyber criminals focusing more on Windows than Mac because of its popularity. I am sure you or someone
    you know has been adversely affected by a virus or account theft in recent history. This is why starting in Vista, Microsoft integrated User Account Control (UAC). They did this as a method to address the actions malware could take when it attempted to run
    on your system. My having you operate as a "user" rather than a "superuser" by default it reduced the risk and ability of the malware. When Win10 moved to a cloud-centric platform, it allowed users to port their experience to other devices (e.g. your laptop
    and desktop). This unified experience meant ensuring the security of your identity across multiple devices, which could be shared by multiple users (e.g Laptop, Work Desktop, Home Desktop, etc...). Part of this shared device secure including user validation,
    which requires you to authenticate on the device whenever you log out (e.g. such as when a restart occurs). So that's the why....

It sounds like you are seeking your former all-ways logged on experience. It is possible to replicate that experience in Windows 10 by switching from a Cloud-based authenticated account (which you have today) to a local account (like you had in your previous
    version of Windows). This comes with some risk that could expose you to higher potential for malware or data theft, but it is your risk to accept. If you choose to take that risk Pushyanth's instructions are a good path to that solution. As an alternative,
    you could use a Pin (similar to your ATM card) or a Picture-based password which are both a far easier method for logon while preserving security. If this option interest you, please see the link below:

Windows 10 Sign in: Password, PIN, Picture Password

I hope this helps,

Ken

USCyberWarrior.com - your cyberdefense source

Ken_f, Oct 6, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Password on restart

Brink, Oct 6, 2015
  5. joya Win User
    Hi pwdiver! Could you upload a photo of the password prompt screen? This can be helpful for us to figure out what type of password it is.

joya, Oct 6, 2015
  6. Gazzoid Win User
    open run and type Netplwiz and press enter
    Untick the "users must enter a password to use this computer"

put in your password .. Apply ..reboot..no need to sign in anymore *Biggrin

Gazzoid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Password on restart

1. Password on restart - Similar Threads - Password restart

2. Windows 10 no longer accepts any users' passwords, restart doesn't change this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 no longer accepts any users' passwords, restart doesn't change this: I administer a family member's computer. There are 3 separate accounts on this computer, 2 require a password and one requires a passcode pin. None of the accounts are allowing access to the machine. In the case of the pin, no numbers appear in the dialog box when you type...
  3. Windows 10 no longer accepts any users' passwords, restart doesn't change this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 no longer accepts any users' passwords, restart doesn't change this: I administer a family member's computer. There are 3 separate accounts on this computer, 2 require a password and one requires a passcode pin. None of the accounts are allowing access to the machine. In the case of the pin, no numbers appear in the dialog box when you type...
  4. Windows 10 no longer accepts any users' passwords, restart doesn't change this

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Need to enter password on Startup or restart [Solution]

Need to enter password on Startup or restart [Solution]: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  6. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  7. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  8. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I can't log in with my password, nor can I enter safe mode and my laptop keeps on restarting.

I can't log in with my password, nor can I enter safe mode and my laptop keeps on restarting.: I can't log in with my password, nor can I enter safe mode and my laptop keeps on restarting none of the commands work, trouble shooting from dell control centre using f12 just keeps on going for ever. My WiFi icons and everything there disappeared I just have airplane mode....
  10. I can't log in with my password, nor can I enter safe mode and my laptop keeps on restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log in with my password, nor can I enter safe mode and my laptop keeps on restarting.: I can't log in with my password, nor can I enter safe mode and my laptop keeps on restarting none of the commands work, trouble shooting from dell control centre using f12 just keeps on going for ever. My WiFi icons and everything there disappeared I just have airplane mode....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i restart my former account

2. after putting wifi password pc restart