Windows 10: Password Problem-can't log on to computer-windows 10

Discus and support Password Problem-can't log on to computer-windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently purchased an HP computer with windows 10 installed. I got onto the looked around and set up email and customized a couple of things before... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jmb6954, Jan 7, 2017.

1. jmb6954 Win User

Password Problem-can't log on to computer-windows 10

I recently purchased an HP computer with windows 10 installed. I got onto the looked around and set up email and customized a couple of things before shutting it down. Now when I restart the computer I get taken to a screen asking for my password (it also shows my MS outlook address). I didn't realize I picked a sign in address and don't know the password. I went in to setup screen and chose default setting in the security tab and I now get the message 'Can't log in to device right now. Go to account.live.com to fix problem or try last password used on this device' I'm stuck. Any suggestions?

:)

jmb6954, Jan 7, 2017
  2. AnnGevens Win User

Windows 10 Not able to sign in

I upgraded a new PC to Windows 10. Everything did work fine for at least two weeks until today. I can't log in anymore to the PC. I get the message (translated from Dutch) "you can't log into your computer now. Go to account.live.com to try and solve the
    problem or use the password you last used on this computer." I changed the password of my account according to the procedure (with the use of another computer) but that doesn't work either. I can't get into my computer. I do have access to my account with
    the new password on another computer. Please help!

AnnGevens, Jan 7, 2017
  3. Patagriff Win User
    Windows 10 won't let me login to my computer

Original Title : Windows 10 sucks

Windows 10 did it again. Forced me to change my password then won't let me log on to my computer. I went online and reset my password 5 times and I still can't log onto my laptop. I can log onto my Microsoft account with the new password on this Linux laptop,
    but can't use my new laptop.

I will NEVER touch that Windows piece of **** again.

Patagriff, Jan 7, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

How could you set up email without knowing the password?

NavyLCDR, Jan 7, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    I am sure you are genuine but it is against forum policy to advise how to get around passwords (as we have no way of knowing if the request is legitimate - ie is person asking trying to crack into somebody else's pc). Please do not be offended by this - the intent is to protect a person's data.

However, we can say that you could always clean install the OS (since that really is public knowledge) and start again.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Password Problem-can't log on to computer-windows 10 - Similar Threads - Password Problem can't

2. Can't log in windows with correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in windows with correct password: Turned on pc like normal, but I noticed that my profile changed completely. My profile picture was just a blank image, and when I wanted to input my password it said that it was incorrect and a message appeared saying something along the lines of my organization requires me...
  3. Can't log in windows with correct password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in windows with correct password: Turned on pc like normal, but I noticed that my profile changed completely. My profile picture was just a blank image, and when I wanted to input my password it said that it was incorrect and a message appeared saying something along the lines of my organization requires me...
  4. Can't log in windows with correct password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't disable log-in password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable log-in password: Went from windows 10 to 11. I log on my microsoft account and today when i logged into my computer that only I use, it asked me for my microsoft account password. I do not want any kind of password on my computer, so I tried to find a solution. I opened netplwiz, selected my...
  6. Can't disable log-in password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disable log-in password: Went from windows 10 to 11. I log on my microsoft account and today when i logged into my computer that only I use, it asked me for my microsoft account password. I do not want any kind of password on my computer, so I tried to find a solution. I opened netplwiz, selected my...
  7. Can't log into windows with correct password

Can't log into windows with correct password: I recently got my laptop repaired, and it was wiped. I opened it up everything seemed alright so I wanted to stop using the local user and log in with my account. EVERY TIME. I GET TO THE PAGE THAT SAYS "We'll need your current windows password one last time" AFTER CHANGING...
  8. Cannot Log on Windows 10 Computer - Forgot Password

Cannot Log on Windows 10 Computer - Forgot Password: Tried to boot uo in Safe Mode to fix a problem with 3rd party software. It asks for a Password which I haven't used in years / am used to using a Pin. I'm in Florida for 3 months and my password is written down in Ohio. How can I get signed in to my Computer? I have tried...
  9. Can't log onto computer, correct password not accepted.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't log onto computer, correct password not accepted.: Okay so every time I enter my correct password it says it's wrong. (I even reset it to the same password and it still says it's wrong.) I think I know what the problem is but I have no way to fix it as I am stuck on the login screen. Recently my computer has been...
  10. Password to log into Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password to log into Computer: I had to clean one of my laptops to give to my daughter in law and it re-installed Win 10, Ver 1803. I had to set-up the new 3 questions to secure microsoft protection. When I tried the new password that I had set up with microsoft, it would not work. It asked me for a...