Windows 10: Password problem logging into Win 10 on Hyper-V

Discus and support Password problem logging into Win 10 on Hyper-V in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Yesterday I set up a virtual machine using Hyper-V on Win 8.1.1 and installed Win 10 10041. After installation, I went through the "connect" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by KeithR, Apr 20, 2015.

1. KeithR Win User

Password problem logging into Win 10 on Hyper-V

Yesterday I set up a virtual machine using Hyper-V on Win 8.1.1 and installed Win 10 10041. After installation, I went through the "connect" and "start" functions but it seemed to lock up with a white screen and "wait a moment" plus the rotating dotted circle. I left it running for a few hours with no change.

I stopped it. Did "connect" and "start" again and this time got a nice picture with hills and a river! After clicking on the picture I was presented with a log-in screen but it would not accept my Microsoft account password (which I use for log-in on Win 8). It will not recognise my password file on a USB stick when I try to reset the password.

I'm a bit stuck for ideas now. Any help will be gratefully received.

Keith

:)

KeithR, Apr 20, 2015

2. Windows 10 crashes when starting a VirtualBox (5.0.26) image after Windows 10 updates

It seems that the Win 10 1607 update turned on Hyper-V.

After deactivating Hyper-V VirtualBox runs fine without any problems.

Also G-Data Antivirus has no negativ influence.

So its Hyper-V being turned on causing the problems with VirtualBox.

ThomasEhrenberg, Apr 20, 2015
  3. Not able to attach vhd for win2012 on windows 10

Win 10 has a different virtual host/client called Hyper-v. Should be no problem to install 2012r2 in it if your hardware supports Hyper-v (most does)

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 20, 2015
  4. KeithR Win User

I later switched off/stopped 10 running and quit Hyper-V. I then went through the start up routine again and this time my password was accepted!

Now I can begin to explore this version of 10 (tomorrow at earliest). But one question - can I access the software that I have installed with windows 8? and if so how?
    Keith

KeithR, Apr 21, 2015
  5. Kari Win User
    No, you can't access and use any software installed on the host system. The virtual machine is a totally independent machine, like any other computer on your network. Any software you want to run on it needs to be specifically installed on it.

6. KeithR Win User
    Thanks for your reply Kari

KeithR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Password problem logging into Win 10 on Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Password problem logging

2. A problem with Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A problem with Hyper-V: Hello,I have a Windows 11 Pro PC and decided to try out Hyper-V. I've made a new virtual machine in Windows 10 yes I downloaded an ISO file from Microsoft. I've already went through the whole Windows installation process. However, whenever I connect to the VM I must close the...
  3. A problem with Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A problem with Hyper-V: Hello,I have a Windows 11 Pro PC and decided to try out Hyper-V. I've made a new virtual machine in Windows 10 yes I downloaded an ISO file from Microsoft. I've already went through the whole Windows installation process. However, whenever I connect to the VM I must close the...
  4. Hyper-V problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V problem: I am getting an error generic failure message when trying to open Hyper-V Quick Create. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-problem/bd928ba4-fe6f-411f-b921-c87d987e5b4e
  5. Hyper-V problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V problem: I am getting an error generic failure message when trying to open Hyper-V Quick Create. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-problem/bd928ba4-fe6f-411f-b921-c87d987e5b4e
  6. Hyper-V problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Quirk Logging in to a Hyper-v W10 vm

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Quirk Logging in to a Hyper-v W10 vm: tiptoed into hyper-v before but this lasted build I find myself having to enter the guest login password twice. Windows guest password is entered on a seaside background it then switches to a mountainscape background asking for the password again. Any ideas how I can fix...
  8. stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host: Hi, I hope someone may be able to point me in the right direction. I am installing win 10 pro on my machine, which goes fine, then when i try to install hyper-v (add program and features) it seems to go well, reboots, tells me installing features, reboots again, then just...
  9. Windows 10 pro using Win Xp in Hyper-v connecting to LAN problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pro using Win Xp in Hyper-v connecting to LAN problem: Hi Guys, Im new to the Windows 10 world, I am working with a small company with very outdated software...and hardware for that matter. I am trying to upgrade a PC to a new Desktop running windows 10 pro, that was the easy part. All the other old systems are running Windows...
  10. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...
Tags: