Windows 10: Password problems

Discus and support Password problems in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I try logging on to my computer and when I put my password in it tells me I am incorrect. I can log onto all my other computers with the same password.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jperez0915, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Password problems

I try logging on to my computer and when I put my password in it tells me I am incorrect. I can log onto all my other computers with the same password. I am system administrator and cannot get into repair anything because it says my password is wrong. I cannot get into my main computer! HELP! (I did change my password with microsoft thinking that was the problem and it will let me into my laptop but not my desktop)

:)

Jperez0915, Sep 13, 2017

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Sep 13, 2017
  3. Need help please I cannot sign on to my computer since I upgraded to windows 10

Need help please I cannot sign on to my computer since I upgraded to windows 10

Incorrect password, Sep 13, 2017
  4. Password problems

Hi Jperez0915. Welcome to the TenForums @Jperez0915

I assume you are signing in locally on this device, correct? (You are not using Microsoft account for this device.)

I always recommend that if you are signing in locally you create an alternate admin id as a second set of keys to the car for just such situations. Please check this out when you get back in.

The first thing I will recommend is this tutorial Option 5.

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

The second way is this How to Geek article. I have not tried myself but kept as reference.

https://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how...in-windows-10/

If you are unsuccessful you will still be able to remove your HDD and get files on another device but will have to rebuild.

Hopefully other members will have alternate strategies. Brink's tutorial are always an excellent source of knowledge.

Caledon Ken, Sep 13, 2017
  5. I should've added, please check your keyboard. When you type in password there is a little symbol on the right. Click with mouse to reveal.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 13, 2017
  6. Try3 Win User
    Jperez,

It is not possible to tell just how much damage has been done to your user account profile because you are unable to log in.
    • If the damage is such that your Admin account cannot function at all [rather than it merely being unable to recognise its own password] then automatic responses within Windows can come to the fore to rescue you.
    • It is worth trying Safe mode to resolve matters but in your case this is uncertain because you have no means of assessing the extent of the problem at the moment.
    • In the procedure linked below, the Built-In Admin account will appear at the Safe mode login if Windows has recognised that there is no other functioning Admin account on the computer.

If the Admin prompt has a greyed out or missing Yes button but no password entry box, use the Built-In Admin account in Safe mode to create two new Admin accounts - Forum article

Denis

Try3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Password problems

1. Password problems - Similar Threads - Password problems

2. Problem with signing into Windows 10 without a password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with signing into Windows 10 without a password: Hello,I'm running Windows 10 on a laptop, and I'm the only user for this machine. I wanted to sign into Windows 10 without entering a password each time. So I ran 'netplwiz', unchecked the option 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer' and clicked...
  3. Problem with signing into Windows 10 without a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with signing into Windows 10 without a password: Hello,I'm running Windows 10 on a laptop, and I'm the only user for this machine. I wanted to sign into Windows 10 without entering a password each time. So I ran 'netplwiz', unchecked the option 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer' and clicked...
  4. Problem with signing into Windows 10 without a password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...: My keyboard isn't working, and when I tried to login, Windows was showing that I typed the wrong password even though it wasn't wrong. So, I attempted to click the Troubleshooting button, then I clicked the Advanced Options button, and I clicked "uninstall updates," and then...
  6. Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...

Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...: My keyboard isn't working, and when I tried to login, Windows was showing that I typed the wrong password even though it wasn't wrong. So, I attempted to click the Troubleshooting button, then I clicked the Advanced Options button, and I clicked "uninstall updates," and then...
  7. Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I forgot my password to log in to my notebook. How can I fix this problem? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to log in to my notebook. How can I fix this problem? Windows 10: I forgot my password to log in to my notebook. How can I fix this problem? Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-log-in-to-my-notebook-how/e584f3ea-84c3-4649-aea1-f23edd40140b
  9. I forgot my password to log in to my notebook. How can I fix this problem? Windows 10

I forgot my password to log in to my notebook. How can I fix this problem? Windows 10: I forgot my password to log in to my notebook. How can I fix this problem? Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-log-in-to-my-notebook-how/e584f3ea-84c3-4649-aea1-f23edd40140b
  10. I forgot my password to log in to my notebook. How can I fix this problem? Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen