Windows 10: Password Protecting the Internet on Shared Computer

Discus and support Password Protecting the Internet on Shared Computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Working as an I.T. Assistant for a public business my boss wants me to start password protecting the internet on all staff computers. Recently,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dashie1021, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Password Protecting the Internet on Shared Computer

Working as an I.T. Assistant for a public business my boss wants me to start password protecting the internet on all staff computers. Recently, somebody in the public was able to access questionable material on my computer, due to it being located in the public, while I was away from work. My boss asked me to find a way to password protect the internet on all staff computers, for each staff member who shares a computer. The boss wants to be able to see who signed onto the Internet and what websites they accessed without requiring them to switch users on the computer. How can I go about doing this in Windows 10, what special programs can I use to do this?

:)

Dashie1021, Jun 11, 2017

2. How do I remove the network credentials password from Windows 10.

You need to Turn off password protected sharing on the remote computer.

Open Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Status

Scroll to the bottom

Click Network and Sharing Center

Click Change advanced sharing settings

Expand All Networks

Under Password protected sharing

Switch between 'Turn on password protected sharing and Turn off password protected sharing'

Then choose 'Turn off password protected sharing'

Then click 'Save changes'

Andre Da Costa, Jun 11, 2017
  3. Permission to access???

Check if Public folder sharing is turned on on your wife's computer.

Open Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Status

Scroll to the bottom

Click Network and Sharing Center

Click Change advanced sharing settings

Expand All Networks

Under Password protected sharing

Switch between 'Turn on password protected sharing and Turn off password protected sharing'

Then choose 'Turn off password protected sharing'

Then click 'Save changes'

Andre Da Costa, Jun 11, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Password Protecting the Internet on Shared Computer

Samuria, Jun 12, 2017
  5. Thanks, I just finished installing it, and it was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much.

Dashie1021, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Password Protecting the Internet on Shared Computer

1. Password Protecting the Internet on Shared Computer - Similar Threads - Password Protecting Internet

2. Password protected Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password protected Computer: My son purchased a computer with a solid state HD. He WAS a former Microsoft employee and I know he used passwords on everything. I recieved notice Monday that he had passed away and I am leaving Monday to go to his city. Most of his info, including his will and where her...
  3. Password protected Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password protected Computer: My son purchased a computer with a solid state HD. He WAS a former Microsoft employee and I know he used passwords on everything. I recieved notice Monday that he had passed away and I am leaving Monday to go to his city. Most of his info, including his will and where her...
  4. Password protected Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Updates Revert "Password Protected Sharing" to ON

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updates Revert "Password Protected Sharing" to ON: I have 3 computers that access a shared drive called "Shared". They're on a LAN. Every Windows update reverts this change. I need a way to keep it persistant by not having to turn Password Protected Sharing back OFF after every update. Any ideas? Maybe using regedit? I...
  6. Password protected sharing over Network sharing

Password protected sharing over Network sharing: How can we turn on password protected sharing over Network sharing,thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protected-sharing-over-network-sharing/635517ef-5d29-4e18-80f5-43c8896e6ac9"
  7. Cannot turn off the password protected sharing. The option for password protected sharing...

Cannot turn off the password protected sharing. The option for password protected sharing...: Hi support team I want to turn off the password protected sharing on my PC. So, the other users available on the same network can access my shared folder without entering any user credentials. To do that I entered into the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and...
  8. password protected sharing

password protected sharing: I can't turn it off. I know how it's supposed to work. I turn it off, click "save changes" but it doesn't turn off. I can't use the local users and groups snap in with my version of windows 10. I have tried the registry edit method mentioned elsewhere. That did not work....
  9. Programatically disabling "Password protected sharing"

Programatically disabling "Password protected sharing": The product I'm working on relies heavily on letting an embedded device fetch some files from an anonymous share. I made an installer that preps a Windows 10 machine with all necessary modifications, creating a share, populating the share and so on. The way I disabled...
  10. Network share ignores password protected sharing

Network share ignores password protected sharing: I am trying to make a shared folder on my network that is only accessible to me and cannot be viewed by other users.When I create the share, no matter how I set permissions, the folder becomes accessible to everyone on the network. This is the case whether I use a homegroup...