password protection login query

Discus and support password protection login query in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 home version 1803......to take me from the start-up screen (lock screen) to put my password in before this update all I had to do was hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by petermik, Jun 26, 2018.

1. petermik Win User

Windows 10 home version 1803......to take me from the start-up screen (lock screen) to put my password in before this update all I had to do was hit any key.....now only by left clicking my touchpad does it enable me to login......any way of resetting to the way it was before?

:)

petermik, Jun 26, 2018
  2. Sachin Venkatesh Win User

password protect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you referring to BIOS password as Boot password?
    • Is it a login password which you are referring when Windows starts?
    If Login password, provided you are using Local Account on Windows 10 you may follow the below steps:
    • Press Windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type " control userpasswords2 "
    • Select the account and uncheck "user must login with password"
    • Select apply and Ok.
    If Boot password you may have to contact your computer manufacturer.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 26, 2018
  3. GoFigureItOut Win User
    Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jun 26, 2018
  4. Sangeeta Sarkar Win User

How to disable Password protection to avoid login with password everytime I use system

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to disable password protection on your system. I will be glad to assist you with this issue.

I would like to inform you that if you are using Microsoft account then you cannot disable the password protection. Every time you boot to your system you have to enter your password to login to the system. This is by design.
    However, you can disable password protection for waking up from sleep, that is you don't have to use password to login again after your system wakes up from sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel.

2. Now select Power options.

3. Select the option Require a password on Wake-up.

4. Now click on the option change settings that are currently unavailable.

5. Next choose the option Don't require a password.

6. Now click on save changes.

Now check if your issue is resolved.

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 26, 2018
Thema:

1. password protection login query - Similar Threads - password protection login

2. Excel password protected files saved in Windows 7 won't work after upgrade to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Excel password protected files saved in Windows 7 won't work after upgrade to Windows 10.: When Opening excel password protected files saved under win 7 with win 10 as the administrator: You do not have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or administrator to obtain permission. Copy file as administrator: file access denied you'll need to...
  3. password protection login query take me from the start-up screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    password protection login query take me from the start-up screen: Windows 10 home version 1803......to take me from the start-up screen (lock screen) to put my password in before this update all I had to do was hit any key.....now only by left clicking my touchpad does it enable me to login......any way of resetting to the way it was...
  4. Reflect image password protection and encryption...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reflect image password protection and encryption...: Licensed Macrium Reflect v.7.1.2885 on Windows 10 Professional, 64-bits... The system has three drives for different purposes, such as system, business and personal data. Yes, a dual purpose small business PC... The current schedule creates a full image of all of the...
  5. Any recommendations for a free USB password protection app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any recommendations for a free USB password protection app?: I have the latest version of Windows 10 Home Edition. I have a USB drive that I wish to protect with a password and I see online that there are numerous free options available. Do you have any recommendations? Also, do you think encryption is necessary if you have...
  6. Network share ignores password protected sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network share ignores password protected sharing: I am trying to make a shared folder on my network that is only accessible to me and cannot be viewed by other users.When I create the share, no matter how I set permissions, the folder becomes accessible to everyone on the network. This is the case whether I use a homegroup...
  7. Password Protecting the Internet on Shared Computer

Password Protecting the Internet on Shared Computer: Working as an I.T. Assistant for a public business my boss wants me to start password protecting the internet on all staff computers. Recently, somebody in the public was able to access questionable material on my computer, due to it being located in the public, while I was...
  8. Protect Folder With Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protect Folder With Password: Trying to find normal software. Can't find anything good. I need software which gonna lock folder with password (NOT HIDE or move somewhere). Tried lots of softwares but nothing good. Why there is no normal software for things like this on Windows? For android mobile there...
  9. Advanced Shared Settings won't turn "off" password protected sharing

Advanced Shared Settings won't turn "off" password protected sharing: I'm trying to set up homegroup networking with other household computers. My new HP/Windows 10 is asking for a password. When I go to control panel, network & internet, network & sharing center, advanced sharing settings, all networks and select "turn off password protected...
  10. Password Protect Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Password Protect Folder: Is there an easy way to password protect a folder on my laptop? I mean I've found some tedious instructions with creating a text file but they dont seem to work. Thanks 89813