Windows 10: password protection login query

Discus and support password protection login query in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 home version 1803......to take me from the start-up screen (lock screen) to put my password in before this update all I had to do was hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by petermik, Jun 26, 2018.

1. petermik Win User

password protection login query

Windows 10 home version 1803......to take me from the start-up screen (lock screen) to put my password in before this update all I had to do was hit any key.....now only by left clicking my touchpad does it enable me to login......any way of resetting to the way it was before?

:)

petermik, Jun 26, 2018

2. password protect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you referring to BIOS password as Boot password?
    • Is it a login password which you are referring when Windows starts?
    If Login password, provided you are using Local Account on Windows 10 you may follow the below steps:
    • Press Windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type " control userpasswords2 "
    • Select the account and uncheck "user must login with password"
    • Select apply and Ok.
    If Boot password you may have to contact your computer manufacturer.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 26, 2018
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jun 26, 2018
  4. password protection login query

How to disable Password protection to avoid login with password everytime I use system

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to disable password protection on your system. I will be glad to assist you with this issue.

I would like to inform you that if you are using Microsoft account then you cannot disable the password protection. Every time you boot to your system you have to enter your password to login to the system. This is by design.
    However, you can disable password protection for waking up from sleep, that is you don't have to use password to login again after your system wakes up from sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel.

2. Now select Power options.

3. Select the option Require a password on Wake-up.

4. Now click on the option change settings that are currently unavailable.

5. Next choose the option Don't require a password.

6. Now click on save changes.

Now check if your issue is resolved.

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 26, 2018
Thema:

password protection login query

1. password protection login query - Similar Threads - password protection login

2. password protect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password protect: when i try to open a pdf file or excel file its saying password protect, please typ in password. I cant remember what it was https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protect/01bb2a0c-9349-4126-bf3b-548a955b16a4
  3. password protect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password protect: when i try to open a pdf file or excel file its saying password protect, please typ in password. I cant remember what it was https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protect/01bb2a0c-9349-4126-bf3b-548a955b16a4
  4. password protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password protection: do two factor authentication https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protection/b5f30a01-dd96-4192-886a-d69737316363
  5. Password protection

Password protection: I Windows 10 is a disaster for me. My password was rejected so I created a new password which was accepted. After acceptance I was asked to sign in again with the new password. It was rejected....
  6. Password Protection

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Protection: To access my laptop I currently use a PIN or I can use my Microsoft password. I am about to let someone else have access to my laptop to install some things so for the near future I would like to have a password that only opens my laptop and is not my microsoft password....
  7. password protection

password protection: How do I set passwords for specific folders or individual files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protection/104dd3dc-c77b-4026-a315-9771cdc10249"
  8. password protect

in Windows 10 Customization
    password protect: how can I password protect settings? I am wearing thin with a certain company reverting them back to default without permission of the PC,s owner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protect/d9dc5b16-585f-4dde-90d7-f0c1b38a4fdc
  9. Password Protection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password Protection: I am looking for a solution or something built into windows that will produce & protect my password. these days we seem to need password for so many sites & devices. It would be nice to have something that you can load all your login details into then each time you go to...
  10. password protection login query take me from the start-up screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    password protection login query take me from the start-up screen: Windows 10 home version 1803......to take me from the start-up screen (lock screen) to put my password in before this update all I had to do was hit any key.....now only by left clicking my touchpad does it enable me to login......any way of resetting to the way it was...