Windows 10: password protection login query

Discus and support password protection login query in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 home version 1803......to take me from the start-up screen (lock screen) to put my password in before this update all I had to do was hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by petermik, Jun 26, 2018.

1. petermik Win User

password protection login query

Windows 10 home version 1803......to take me from the start-up screen (lock screen) to put my password in before this update all I had to do was hit any key.....now only by left clicking my touchpad does it enable me to login......any way of resetting to the way it was before?

:)

petermik, Jun 26, 2018
  2. Sachin Venkatesh Win User

password protect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you referring to BIOS password as Boot password?
    • Is it a login password which you are referring when Windows starts?
    If Login password, provided you are using Local Account on Windows 10 you may follow the below steps:
    • Press Windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type " control userpasswords2 "
    • Select the account and uncheck "user must login with password"
    • Select apply and Ok.
    If Boot password you may have to contact your computer manufacturer.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 26, 2018
  3. GoFigureItOut Win User
    Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jun 26, 2018
  4. Sangeeta Sarkar Win User

How to disable Password protection to avoid login with password everytime I use system

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to disable password protection on your system. I will be glad to assist you with this issue.

I would like to inform you that if you are using Microsoft account then you cannot disable the password protection. Every time you boot to your system you have to enter your password to login to the system. This is by design.
    However, you can disable password protection for waking up from sleep, that is you don't have to use password to login again after your system wakes up from sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel.

2. Now select Power options.

3. Select the option Require a password on Wake-up.

4. Now click on the option change settings that are currently unavailable.

5. Next choose the option Don't require a password.

6. Now click on save changes.

Now check if your issue is resolved.

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 26, 2018
Thema:

1. password protection login query - Similar Threads - password protection login

2. login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    login password: How do I disable the login password? I've tried changing my password and leaving the new one blank but I just get an error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/login-password/71f13d7c-2ac8-4f79-98e4-66047ccb4583
  3. password protection login query take me from the start-up screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    password protection login query take me from the start-up screen: Windows 10 home version 1803......to take me from the start-up screen (lock screen) to put my password in before this update all I had to do was hit any key.....now only by left clicking my touchpad does it enable me to login......any way of resetting to the way it was...
  4. Password login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password login: Hi all, first post so please go easy on me*Redface So I have Windows 10 and want to get rid of the password protected login feature. I found some steps on this site which are vaguely "On your windows 10 Start menu window, right click at the Win logo > select Run option >...
  5. Password protected folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password protected folder: Hi, Is there any free third party app that allows to create a password protected folder in W10.....? Thanks, -BBDS 78173
  6. Password protection of applications

Password protection of applications: I am looking for a way to password protect certain apps on my PC running win 10. What i mean is that i want to put a password when trying to open the application. Is there any such function built-in win10 or do i need a third party software for this? If the latter, can you...
  7. Password Protected Programs

Password Protected Programs: I just want to know what software is available that lets you password protect any program you want. Something that is not a password manager. 42216
  8. Protect Folder With Password

Protect Folder With Password: Trying to find normal software. Can't find anything good. I need software which gonna lock folder with password (NOT HIDE or move somewhere). Tried lots of softwares but nothing good. Why there is no normal software for things like this on Windows? For android mobile there...
  9. Password Protect Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Password Protect Folder: Is there an easy way to password protect a folder on my laptop? I mean I've found some tedious instructions with creating a text file but they dont seem to work. Thanks 89813
  10. Password Protect Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Password Protect Folders: I am trying to figure out how to password protect some work folders on my laptop that my girlfriend uses sometimes. She likes to snoop around and would rather not have her looking at my work documents. I tried to follow this guide but it doesn't seem to be working: How...