Windows 10: Password - Require after Display is Off in Windows 10

Discus and support Password - Require after Display is Off in Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; W 10 the screen is set to go blank after 30mins. It becomes re-active by hitting "any" key. i.e.the desktop appears and operations can resume However... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by maurylen, Jun 6, 2017.

1. maurylen Win User

Password - Require after Display is Off in Windows 10

W 10
    the screen is set to go blank after 30mins. It becomes re-active by hitting "any" key. i.e.the desktop appears and operations can resume However this morning I had to enter a password to activate the screen to get back to the desktop. This is a first. Can someone advise how to get back to the desktop without the password please?

:)

maurylen, Jun 6, 2017

2. Windows 10 Spotlight Auto-lock?

Hi

I have an issue with latest clean Windows 10 build and all patches installed...

I use Spotlight instead of slideshow when my screen is locked and also set my display to turn off after 60 minutes of inactivity. But, when I leave my computer for more than 60 minutes, the screen turns off but I don't get prompted to enter my password to

I checked that screensaver is enabled and set to require a password on resume and also checked that advanced slideshow settings are set to require a password also but I am not using a slideshow, i use spotlight. How can I make sure Windows 10 prompts me
    for password after my display is automatically turned off?

thank you

Michael222224363636, Jun 6, 2017
  3. Computer does not Start after Updating to Fall Creators Update.

we have some progress.

In Desktop the Intel Management Engine was updated. It is a ASUS Z170E motherboard. And Asus make available this driver.

I have verified the ASUS DUAL INELEGENT PROCESSORS 5 was resetting power energy savings. I did new setup

and now hibernating is occurring but not sleep. the computer hibernate directly without entering sleep before( suspended session without turn off computer )

Before upgrade to windows 10 fall createors windows had the following behavior:

After 3 minutes the display off ( the password was not required yet, computer on, cooler on, display off)

After 5 minutes the computer was suspended ( the password was required in order to resume computer session work, cooler on, computer on)

After 20 minutes the computer starts hibernate ( computer turn off and cooler off)

This same configuration and behaviour I would like to implement in my desktop in windows 10 fall creator

Andre_Melo_Medeiros, Jun 6, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hi maurylen,

These settings seem to get harder to find as MS moves us over to the new settings options.

Try this route:
    1. Open settings and go to the personalisation screen and select Lock Screen, scroll down to the section with the link to "screen saver settings"

Password - Require after Display is Off in Windows 10 [​IMG]

2. In the dialog box that opens make sure the check box is empty next to "On resume, display log-on screen"

Password - Require after Display is Off in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Note: there is a tutorial that cover this and other aspects of the screen saver Change Screen Saver Settings in Windows 10

philc43, Jun 6, 2017
  5. maurylen Win User
    re - try this route. Success! Thanks "philc43" That tutorial is difficult to find. Don't need it now, just wanted to have a read, cheers "from down-under"

maurylen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Password - Require after Display is Off in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Password Require Display

2. Sign In Requirement after Display Off vs. after Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign In Requirement after Display Off vs. after Sleep: I would like Windows 11 to require password after sleep, but NOT after screen time out. This is how I had Windows 10 set up, but I can't find a way to do this for Windows 11. Anyone?...
  3. Sign In Requirement after Display Off vs. after Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign In Requirement after Display Off vs. after Sleep: I would like Windows 11 to require password after sleep, but NOT after screen time out. This is how I had Windows 10 set up, but I can't find a way to do this for Windows 11. Anyone?...
  4. Windows 11 still requiring password even with requirement turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 still requiring password even with requirement turned off: My PC is still requiring a password to log in even though the setting "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" under netplwiz is unchecked. To be clear I don't want to enter a password every time I turn my system on, I want it just to go straight to...
  5. Windows 11 still requiring password even with requirement turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 still requiring password even with requirement turned off: My PC is still requiring a password to log in even though the setting "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" under netplwiz is unchecked. To be clear I don't want to enter a password every time I turn my system on, I want it just to go straight to...
  6. Password required after log off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password required after log off: Several weeks ago (maybe after a WU) I found that I was required to sign in with a password after "logging off". At that point, I must restart the machine, and it boots right up to the desktop, no password requested. This unit never has been setup to ask for a password. I...
  7. password required after waking

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password required after waking: Hi there, My laptop now requires a password after waking from sleep mode, and it won't let me change this, despite me being the admin. I realize this is a security "feature", but it's unwanted, how can I remove this? Thanks for your help!!...
  8. Windows 10 Password requirement

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Password requirement: Windows 10 upgrade from windows 8 - I want to permanently disable ANY and ALL password requirements for MY LAPTOP whether I am online or offline. When I am in airplane mode, your ridiculous company refuses to give me access to MY LAPTOP. Yes, I have tried EVERY SINGLE...
  9. Require password after sleep.

Require password after sleep.: I need my Windows 10 computer to require my windows password after waking from sleep. All answers on the web point to either the 'Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options' menu or the 'Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options' menu. I have checked both and the...
  10. Password Required after sleep

Password Required after sleep: I have suddenly got a power management problem. On first boot up the laptop fires up Win Home and does not require a password input. However if I close the lid, the laptop goes to sleep. open the lid press space bar and it now asks for the login password. I have run...