Windows 10: Password Required after sleep

Discus and support Password Required after sleep in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have suddenly got a power management problem. On first boot up the laptop fires up Win Home and does not require a password input. However if I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by carrotmuseum, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Password Required after sleep

I have suddenly got a power management problem.

On first boot up the laptop fires up Win Home and does not require a password input.

However if I close the lid, the laptop goes to sleep. open the lid press space bar and it now asks for the login password.

I have run the command newtplwiz and the box requiring a password is already unchecked.

:)

carrotmuseum, Sep 8, 2017

2. Win 10 not intermittently going to sleep

Why does Win 10 NOT go to sleep after no use

Power Setting currently : Go to sleep after 30 minutes of no use, Require password on wakeup

If I click sleep mode, it works. However, computer does not go to sleep if left unused for hours and does not activate lock screen or require password

DaddyOBlue, Sep 8, 2017
  3. Dave_Han Win User
    How to Turn off Windows 10 password / pin

Hi and thank you for the tip.

However, I've done just what you suggested and it still requires me to put in a password. I go and look and it says no password required.

Also have the screen sleep issue. I have it set to sleep after an hour and it sleeps after 30 seconds. It won't change.

UGH....

Dave_Han, Sep 8, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Password Required after sleep

Brink, Sep 8, 2017
  5. Sorted (even though I definitely did not change anything before the problem started!)

Settings - Accounts - Sign in options.

Feels like there has been several unrequired changes to my set up since Creators Edition came down. I HATE WIN 10 !!!

carrotmuseum, Sep 8, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. It's not uncommon for some random unknown settings to get reset back to default when updating to a new build of Windows 10.

Brink, Sep 8, 2017
  7. Great news?? you're joking right?

I run a small business and really just want to get on and work not spend, nay waste, valuable time seeking why something is not how it was yesterday and then putting it right. In my opinion none of these "upgrades" add value or function. Microsoft should hang its head in shame, it's no longer an intuitive operating system. Rarely a week goes by without having an issue.

Rant over! - Thanks goodness for tenforums.

carrotmuseum, Sep 9, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Great news you got it sorted.

As for settings getting reset, yeah that stinks. I always make a practice of double checking them all after a new build update. *Sad

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Password Required after sleep - Similar Threads - Password Required sleep

2. password required after waking

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password required after waking: Hi there, My laptop now requires a password after waking from sleep mode, and it won't let me change this, despite me being the admin. I realize this is a security "feature", but it's unwanted, how can I remove this? Thanks for your help!!...
  3. Password after sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Password after sleep.: Hi My laptop does not require a password after sleep. The "Require Password on Wakeup" setting is not available. Any suggestions. Win.Version. 10.0.19042 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-after-sleep/9891783c-c689-46e5-bc4d-729cb9c62dbc
  4. password requirements on both hibernation and sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    password requirements on both hibernation and sleep: Hi all. I'm having sign-in issues. What I want is to be able to require password upon waking from hibernation, but not sleep. Is this a possibility? Thanks for any consideration and replies....
  5. Windows requiring password after sleep - again - How did this happen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows requiring password after sleep - again - How did this happen?: Using Brinks tutorial "How to Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10", I disabled the requirement to use a password so my desktop went directly to the desktop after sleep. I used Method 3: Command Prompt. Worked like a charm. Suddenly, and without any obvious...
  6. PC Sleep options password required?

PC Sleep options password required?: Can you guys do a favor for me and check in Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options and see if you have the same red warning text that policies are set to require a password when PC wakes from Sleep and the options are grayed-out? Because in my Group Policy settings I have all...
  7. PC Sleep options password required?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Sleep options password required?: Can you guys do a favor for me and check in Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options and see if you have the same red warning text that policies are set to require a password when PC wakes from Sleep and the options are grayed-out? Because in my Group Policy settings I have all...
  8. Require password after sleep.

Require password after sleep.: I need my Windows 10 computer to require my windows password after waking from sleep. All answers on the web point to either the 'Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options' menu or the 'Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options' menu. I have checked both and the...
  9. How to not require password after inactivity; only after sleep

How to not require password after inactivity; only after sleep: I recently enabled the lock screen slideshow in Windows 10. Every time my display turns off (after 2 minutes of inactivity), it goes back to the lock screen and I have to login again. This issue is fixed by going to Settings-->Accounts-->Sign-in options and changing...
  10. Restart required after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart required after sleep: Once my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a restart to get any videos to play. On YouTube I get the "If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device." Unfortunately, I get this message for any video on any site after sleep. It's not limited to just Chrome. I...