Windows 10: Password required to log on pc

Discus and support Password required to log on pc in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I have been using windows 10 for twelve months and have subscribed to automatic updates. I use outlook.com for emails and the windows 10/ outlook... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by deemby, Jul 21, 2016.

1. deemby Win User

Password required to log on pc

Hi

I have been using windows 10 for twelve months and have subscribed to automatic updates. I use outlook.com for emails and the windows 10/ outlook calendar which is also accesible on my iPhone.

Just recently, when starting up my PC, I have a new start up screen that requests my outlook password before I can proceed.

Lokking into settings, I found that I had a microsoft account which allowed my to purchase stuf for xbox etc. Not needing the account, I deleted my PC from the account but I still havet o give my outlook password before my pc can be opened. This is a new event so presumably I can undo without a restore. Does anyone have any ideas please

Thank you

:)

deemby, Jul 21, 2016
  2. MColvy Win User

Log On Password Requirement

Thanks Summit

Excellent advice- Worked first time. I think the microsoft engineer must have left everything set to requiring a password.

My lap-top now powers up straight to my desktop.

MColvy, Jul 21, 2016
  3. MColvy Win User
    Log On Password Requirement

A Microsoft technician recently accessed my account remotely and set up a new account when I was having problems with adobe flash player on my Edge browser. Flash Player then worked but I had lost documents
    and files so I ended up contacting a second technician to revert back to the original account but found I had lost yet more files. I took it upon my self to do a 'System Restore' and with the help of Norton back-up I managed to retrieve everything and get
    back to somewhere near normal, apart from a few links and short cuts not working.

I thought that was the end of the issue until I next logged on and discovered I now had an a new screen picture and I was now being asked for a password! I've never used a password on my home lap-top and
    find it tedious. How do I get rid of this requirement so I can just press the power button to go straight to my Desk-top as I always have done?

MColvy, Jul 21, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Deemby, welcome to Ten Forums.

You have not been careful enough, when you signed up for Windows Store you have accidentally switched your local user account to a Microsoft Account.

You can easily switch back to local account, this tutorial shows you how: Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Next time you want to use Windows Store without switching Windows user account to a Microsoft Account, see this tutorial: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

5. deemby Win User
    Hi Kari

Thank you for your prompt reply. It was helpful reading the links that you sent, I have saved them in case I ever want a microsoft account. I suspect that I inadvertently added it when I was trying to sync my pc calendar to my iPhone. How do I indicate problem solved?
    Best wishes
    *Smile

deemby, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Password required to log on pc - Similar Threads - Password required log

2. Old Email and Password required when logging into windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Old Email and Password required when logging into windows: Hello,My computer is asking for an old email password when logging into the computer. I no longer use this email and need to get into the account to see all of my files because this is an administrator account. I would really like to get into this computer so that I can see...
  3. Password required after log off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password required after log off: Several weeks ago (maybe after a WU) I found that I was required to sign in with a password after "logging off". At that point, I must restart the machine, and it boots right up to the desktop, no password requested. This unit never has been setup to ask for a password. I...
  4. Pin, Password Required to log on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin, Password Required to log on: I have the requirement for password or pin disabled but everytime I log in I have to put in one or the other. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have been unable to find anyone who has addressed this issue online....
  5. PC Sleep options password required?

PC Sleep options password required?: Can you guys do a favor for me and check in Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options and see if you have the same red warning text that policies are set to require a password when PC wakes from Sleep and the options are grayed-out? Because in my Group Policy settings I have all...
  6. PC Sleep options password required?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Sleep options password required?: Can you guys do a favor for me and check in Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options and see if you have the same red warning text that policies are set to require a password when PC wakes from Sleep and the options are grayed-out? Because in my Group Policy settings I have all...
  7. remove log on password requirements.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove log on password requirements.: Recently built a new PC all was fine. I was booting and using my PC daily and no password was ever required. I never entered any password for logging into to windows. For some reason I got on internet one day and was searching for some info on Microsoft's webpage and had to...
  8. Log in requires password

Log in requires password: Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in. I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...." There are no other users shown in the listing. I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator...
  9. Why log in password not required

Why log in password not required: I do not require a login password on my Win10, but when I look at my User Accounts I see the box checked that says User must use a password. How can this be? [img] I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and did not use a password in Win7. How did I get from there to here? 62374
  10. Build10240: is user log-on password required for network sharing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Build10240: is user log-on password required for network sharing?: I have Build 10240 installed on my desktop system and it is running A-OK. My laptop is Win8.1 and I expect I'll do the Win10 upgrade in a few days. Both systems use offline user accounts with no passwords. Right now my laptop says I cannot access any shared directories on...