Windows 10: Password Reset Problem

Discus and support Password Reset Problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I upgraded one desktop, I must have set a MS password instead of a local account without a password.. Think I ran an auto login program, where I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ken1943, Oct 13, 2015.

1. ken1943 Win User

Password Reset Problem

When I upgraded one desktop, I must have set a MS password instead of a local account without a password.. Think I ran an auto login program, where I didn't have to use a password. I read that the account could not be changed. I tried logging in as a local account and got "can't be changed" . I was looking through gpedit .msc and not sure if anything in there can help me.

I just found out when I used ctrl-alt-del logout to check something

Got to be a way !

Thanks

:)

ken1943, Oct 13, 2015

2. Password reset problem

Hi Annor,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

You can also refer to the below Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Problem resetting password

Normally after setting up OVI account on PC you add your phone number in international format and a verification SMS is sent to device with a link that you have to open on phone browser; if you wish to continue with that account I don't know whether you
    will have to contact Nokia in these circumstances. There is of course nothing to stop you creating a new account if you wish.

aspergerguy, Oct 13, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Password Reset Problem

jds63, Oct 13, 2015
  5. ken1943 Win User
    Never mind am back to a local account

ken1943, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Password Reset Problem

1. Password Reset Problem - Similar Threads - Password Reset Problem

2. Reset Problem and password forgotten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Problem and password forgotten: I have reset a Windows 10 completely and used a local account during set up. Now I have forgotten that password. I started resetting again by following the instructions shift + restart, followed by selecting to remove everything during reset. But the reset was interrupted by...
  3. Reset Problem and password forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Problem and password forgotten: I have reset a Windows 10 completely and used a local account during set up. Now I have forgotten that password. I started resetting again by following the instructions shift + restart, followed by selecting to remove everything during reset. But the reset was interrupted by...
  4. Reset Problem and password forgotten

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with link to reset Account Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with link to reset Account Password: Hello - I have been trying to rest a Microsoft Account Password. The information I provided has ben verified through Microsoft security and a link sent to allow me to reset the password. When you click on the link it takes you to 'Reset you password' when you then can enter...
  6. problem with link for resetting a password

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem with link for resetting a password: I have forgotten my password on a shopping website. I have followed the instructions to reset it and when I click on the email link sent by the shop I am asked to go to the app store and open an about app. I don't understand why this is happening. I am unable to reset my...
  7. problem reseting password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    problem reseting password: Hi am feeling very frustrated and I need help. I have two laptops Lenovo and HP and both are linked to my Hotmail account. I have tried to reset my password for my Lenovo laptop as I cannot log onto it. I tried to do this on my Microsoft accounts and I have not been...
  8. problem reseting password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    problem reseting password: Hi am feeling very frustrated and I need help. I have two laptops Lenovo and HP and both are linked to my Hotmail account. I have tried to reset my password for my Lenovo laptop as I cannot log onto it. I tried to do this on my Microsoft accounts and I have not been...
  9. Password reset is problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password reset is problem: When I first boot up my computer, I log on to Windows with my password. During the TSPs, it ask my I can't log on to my network with my OneDrive account. Immediately it will bring me another window with my Microsoft Account. It asks me for me email address and my password....
  10. password reset problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password reset problems: Whenever an account sends me a reset password it never arrives in my Hotmail. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/password-reset-problems/911a6ec3-7f58-42c1-929d-2b20575f4205"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i am stalled at 3000 and 3004 errors for password reset and registration portals respectively