Windows 10: Password / security code Limbo .... Hacked by M$ ??

Discus and support Password / security code Limbo .... Hacked by M$ ?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Received "you've probably been hacked" warning [ostensibly] from M$ After numerous repeats of warning & after receiving/applying "security code" - I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sookie(2), Aug 7, 2018.

1. sookie(2) Win User

Password / security code Limbo .... Hacked by M$ ??

Received "you've probably been hacked" warning [ostensibly] from M$

After numerous repeats of warning & after receiving/applying "security code" - I reset my Password

Attempted to review Recent Activity & find I am now Locked Out - neither new nor old Password works & "security code" received FAILS!?!

Thus I'm reminded (repeatedly) of M$ overarching philosophy: "No good deed goes unpunished!"

Now, to waste another hour+ of my life accessing/updating all the text files, devices, password managers and cloud files where I had painstakingly noted [now defunct] M$ Password!

Presumably next is dance class, to learn the "authentication two-step" ...... ARGGGGGH!

:)

sookie(2), Aug 7, 2018
  2. Major_A Win User

NVIDIA Forums Hack: Passwords Not Salted

After having a few friends get their email accounts hacked I started using 16-32 character passwords. I know that they are still vulnerable but the hope is they are harder to crack than lazier people. Kind of like the expression about 2 people and a bear, "I don't have to run faster than the bear, just faster than you".

If you want a totally random password then I'd suggest using PCTools Secure Password Generator.
    Norton - My Subscription

Major_A, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Vayra86 Win User
    Gmail "Critical security alert" message, hacking attempt blocked (long post)

This is not true, it depends how and when you used 2FA. I never get security tokens from Google, I just get an email notification asking if it was me with a button to click, and only if the IP / device used is not in the registered devices list on the account.

That said, if you get these kinds of messages, it means someone knows your password and you need to change that on ALL accounts you have, not just Google.

Vayra86, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Password / security code Limbo .... Hacked by M$ ??

Gmail "Critical security alert" message, hacking attempt blocked (long post)

If someone tries to log into your account , you should get a verification code on the phone number you have set as a bacup if they forgot password, etc , did you get that verification code? Unless they have full access, it could possibly be an app, etc. id suggest you switch your password, and ensure all security measures are in place.

jboydgolfer, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Password / security code Limbo .... Hacked by M$ ??

1. Password / security code Limbo .... Hacked by M$ ?? - Similar Threads - Password security code

2. M/Soft password problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M/Soft password problem: Just renewed my M/Soft P/Word, am using a HP elite desktop, Win 10 pro. when I try to re- login to M/soft, login all good until it asks for "current P/W one last time"" ? for some reason this is not same as the renewed one. what can i do as i am not sure of the previous...
  3. M/Soft password problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M/Soft password problem: Just renewed my M/Soft P/Word, am using a HP elite desktop, Win 10 pro. when I try to re- login to M/soft, login all good until it asks for "current P/W one last time"" ? for some reason this is not same as the renewed one. what can i do as i am not sure of the previous...
  4. M/Soft password problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Security/Hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security/Hacked?: Could someone please look at the pics of details screen of task manager. This is Windows 11 that I believe has been hijacked .. I am not able to perform system restore or reset .. I am looking for some advice...
  6. Security/Hacked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security/Hacked?: Could someone please look at the pics of details screen of task manager. This is Windows 11 that I believe has been hijacked .. I am not able to perform system restore or reset .. I am looking for some advice...
  7. Files stuck in Mac limbo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files stuck in Mac limbo: My MacBook died suddenly. I had to switch to a Windows 10 PC. How do I get my files off the Mac-formatted standalone hard drives? I'm not very computer savvy -- hence my situation -- so keep that in mind as you reply. Thanks! #MacBookPro #ThinkPad #formatting submitted...
  8. Hacked my password

Hacked my password: Hi Microsoft, I got some emails from someone that knows my real password, how did he do this i didnt know, but he said full of nonsense that isnt true, i know its funny because the most of things its not true, like he said facebook i even dont have that, only thing where im...
  9. WIndows10 Safemode Login Limbo

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WIndows10 Safemode Login Limbo: Hi All , I restarted a functional Windows10 PC in safe-mode and thereafter cannot get past the Windows login. PC reboots fine, it is in safe-mode, and once Windows starts and brings me to my user login window it will not accept my PIN. I receive the message "The password is...
  10. facebook, hacked, passwords

facebook, hacked, passwords: Do you know anything about facebook? I have been totally locked out of my account. It's so sad that I can bring it up as a friend but it's not my account anymore. I've tried many different ways. It gives me the wrong questions. It wants to know what is in the subject line. I...