Windows 10: Password selection greyed out

Discus and support Password selection greyed out in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Everytime for the last day that I have turned on my netbook (Toshiba kirabook) the password box would be greyed out, not letting me click on it and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gyu, Aug 18, 2015.

1. GYU
    gyu Win User

Password selection greyed out

Everytime for the last day that I have turned on my netbook (Toshiba kirabook) the password box would be greyed out, not letting me click on it and type in my password. The shut down and switch user buttons are also greyed out as well. I've had windows 10 downloaded now for a while and there had been no trouble. Any suggestions on what I can do?

:)

2. GoKyau Win User

Disable the lockscreen password on my Nokia 920 WP8 phone

The Password setting button is set to "On" and the selection is greyed out and cannot be changed.

Also, there are only three password settings: "Each time, 30 seconds, and 1 minute". As you can imagine, it is extremely frustrating to have to enter a seven digit password every minute.

GoKyau, Aug 18, 2015
  3. soupwife Win User
    user account control

it told me to type an administrator password but i can't type the password and the yes button is grey out

soupwife, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Orionizer Win User

I'm having the same issue. Has anyone found a resolution for this?

Orionizer, Oct 4, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Oct 5, 2015
  6. joya Win User
    Hi gyu! Could you log in to Windows 10 with any admin account? If you're locked out of the PC, you might have to reset / refresh your computer to factory defaults.

joya, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Password selection greyed out - Similar Threads - Password selection greyed

2. WiFi connectivity - Username and Password is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connectivity - Username and Password is greyed out.: I am unable to connect to my company wireless , where "Enter your user name and password" is GREYED out. Usually my Wifi connects thru a Certificate, but new laptops X1 Yoga we received recently asking for username and password. This is not same case for other laptops like...
  3. WiFi connectivity - Username and Password is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connectivity - Username and Password is greyed out.: I am unable to connect to my company wireless , where "Enter your user name and password" is GREYED out. Usually my Wifi connects thru a Certificate, but new laptops X1 Yoga we received recently asking for username and password. This is not same case for other laptops like...
  4. Grey out printer so cant be selected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey out printer so cant be selected: Hi,I have multiple printers installed on my windows 11 platform.There is a printer called Ricoh called GelSprinter GX e7700N. I have another printer setup Vinnies Printer - Powerdriver R GXe7700n.Now I really only want the Vinnies printer to be used as the power driver links...
  5. Grey out printer so cant be selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey out printer so cant be selected: Hi,I have multiple printers installed on my windows 11 platform.There is a printer called Ricoh called GelSprinter GX e7700N. I have another printer setup Vinnies Printer - Powerdriver R GXe7700n.Now I really only want the Vinnies printer to be used as the power driver links...
  6. Backup is greyed out.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup is greyed out.....: I just did a complete clean reinstall of Windows 10 Home......It took hours but it was necessary. Hours of wasted time because the reinstallcaused a new problem. See attached photo.Error: 0x80070005 I need to enable my backup.I really need a fix for this and I don't want to...
  7. Iphone greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Iphone greyed out: I cannot backup my iphone 6s on my Lenovo X1? My ipod mini connects fine, I can even update teh software on the iPhone, but not sync? I have tried restarting the Apple Mobile Device Manager, but on my version setup it does not exist. The iPhone had been syncing properly. The...
  8. Settings selection is greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings selection is greyed out: I have just activated OneDrive on a new laptop. It immediately started to synch all files. I stopped the synch because I only want to install a subset of my OneDrive on this laptop. If found how to do that elsewhere in this Community but the first steps are: more>Settings -...
  9. Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The only way to enable Windows Sandbox feature is from the Turn Windows features on and off utility. There are various components in the background that support the functioning of this Windows Sandbox feature. It will work directly on the basis of [...] This...
  10. PIN and picture password grey out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN and picture password grey out: After I installed windows 10 ISO, I thought everything was well. But in 'Settings' ->'Accounts'->'Sign-in options'. 1) PIN and picture password went grey out. [IMG] And I followed this link( https://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-pin-sign-disabled-domain-users-windows)...